Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can WA start was vs Soviets?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Can WA start was vs Soviets? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can WA start was vs Soviets? - 11/2/2006 10:38:56 PM   
32shaw

In my current game I began with Scenerio IV, used the no end date option and controlled only the WA. Although the last Axis power (Japan) surrendered in the Winter of 1946, I'm now in the WA Summer 1946 move and the Strategic screen still lists the WA and the Soviets as allies, no Victory Point screen ever came up after the Axis powers were defeated, the computer controlled Soviets have moved their forces into position to confront the WA, but haven't attacked, and the game won't let me initiate WA attacks against the Soviets. I also haven't seen any message asking me if I want to switch over to an East vs West scenerio.

Do the WA have to sit and wait to be attacked by the Soviets or can they start hostilities at some point. Or is my problem that the Victory screen never came up and thus I haven't seen the message asking if I want to continue the game with an East vs West war? I'm going to continue on with the game to see what happens in the Fall 1946 move, but I thought I'd ask for edification before continuing on. 32shaw
Post #: 1
RE: Can WA start was vs Soviets? - 11/3/2006 12:13:07 AM   
Joel Billings

Yes, the issue here is you haven't gotten to the victory screen. With no end date, I would have thought you would get a victory screen once Japan and Germany have surrendered. Are there any areas on the map that are still German or Japanese controlled? There was an earlier post about Crete remaining German even after Germany surrendered which may have prevented the game from ending in that case. Something similar may be going on in your case.

(in reply to 32shaw)
Post #: 2
RE: Can WA start war vs Soviets? - 11/3/2006 1:38:58 AM   
32shaw

No, that's not the problem. Neither Germany nor Japan control any regions. I've just tried switching off the No Automatic Victory option on my current game to see if that change will cause a victory screen to come up at some point. Otherwise, I'm stumped. Any other ideas?

(in reply to 32shaw)
Post #: 3
RE: Can WA start was vs Soviets? - 11/3/2006 7:55:34 AM   
32shaw

I'm now into 1947 and still can't attack the Soviets. Even after I clicked off the No Automatic Victory option, no Victory Point screen has come up and Germany and Japan keep getting game turns, even though they have no units or areas under their control. This is frustrating, as my main reason in playing Scenerio IV was to be able to pit the WA against the Soviets without having the WA partially demobilize, as happens with the East vs West Scenerio. Any suggestions, anyone? How about if I go back to when Japan was still in the game and play forward with the No Automatic Victory option off? Has anyone played Scenerio IV and successfully gone on to an East vs West war? If so, how'd you do it? 32shaw

(in reply to 32shaw)
Post #: 4
RE: Can WA start was vs Soviets? - 11/4/2006 1:58:54 AM   
Joel Billings

The key is you have to get to an end game/victory screen in order for the WA vs Soviet option to be possible. I just ran some AI vs AI tests and it seems there is a bug when No Auto Victory is On. No matter whether you have end date On or Off, German and Japanese surrender will not end the game if No Auto Victory is On. However, as long as you have the No End Date option Off, the game will end when time runs out and you can then start a WA vs SU game. We will need to fix it in a patch so that Axis surrender will immediately end the game even when No Auto Victory is On.

(in reply to 32shaw)
Post #: 5
RE: Can WA start was vs Soviets? - 11/4/2006 2:49:19 AM   
Joel Billings

By the way, you should be able to go back to before Japan surrendered and with you changing the option to No Auto Victory Off the game should end when Japan surrenders. Let us know if that works.

(in reply to 32shaw)
Post #: 6
RE: Can WA start was vs Soviets? - 11/5/2006 1:17:58 PM   
kamikazininja

DC 11/5

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 7
RE: Can WA start was vs Soviets? - 11/13/2006 1:57:42 AM   
Redstorm 666

Even with auto victory off I cannot continue after the axis surrender as I get no victory screen.

(in reply to kamikazininja)
Post #: 8
RE: Can WA start was vs Soviets? - 11/13/2006 6:10:42 AM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: Redstorm68

Even with auto victory off I cannot continue after the axis surrender as I get no victory screen.

Just to be sure, you have the No Auto Victory game option unchecked (off), thus allowing Auto Victories, correct? If this is so, and Japan and Germany both surrender, you should get a victory screen (at least you should if you this happens prior to the end of 1946). Please send a save just before Axis surrender if this is not working so we can see what's wrong. (send to jabgamer@2by3games.com and dleon0@student.umass.edu).

(in reply to Redstorm 666)
Post #: 9
RE: Can WA start was vs Soviets? - 11/14/2006 7:24:04 PM   
Redstorm 666

I think it is because it the axis surrender just after 1946. Thanks

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Can WA start was vs Soviets? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI