Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Additional penalties at LOS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Additional penalties at LOS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Additional penalties at LOS - 11/10/2006 3:43:48 PM   
fredirat

There aren't any false starts, would be nice to include these at some point.
Presumably with likelihood governed by a player's discipline.
Maybe even an increased liklehood of a false start when playing away from home in a hostile environment?

Also, equivalent pens on D for offside & encroachment. If this was added, it'd be nice to add a pre-snap command to QB for a hard snap count to try & induce the D-line to jump offside (of course, that would also have to slightly increase the liklehood that the O-line would jump....).

Some non-penalty related things:

Addition of a fake pass to QB logic. This would need to be related to defenders read ability to try & induce a false read (apologies if thats there already & I'd not noticed - at work at the minute, so can't check).

No huddle offense - guessing this would need to be limited to repeating the last play or calling one of the 4 offensive audibles for it to be manageable. Might also require some changes to the defensive AI to allow them to audible/select a different D-play.

Ability to call timeouts at any point (think thats mentioned in another thread somewhere)

Improved time management/timeout calling by AI teams - currently don't start calling until inside the final minute, which can mean the 1st TO isn't taken until there's less than 30 seconds left. Maybe add some sort of timeout logic to playbook as I'm aware there's likely to be whole host of differing views on when teams should use their timeouts.

When calling a timeout, should be possible to have a period of time before the playclock starts running again. This would allow situational subs to be made without running foul of the playclock. I'd guess there'd need to be some sort of escape out of that for the times when you just want to call a timeout to stop the clock and don't want to sit around waiting for the timeout to expire.

Sounds like a big list but I think these sort of things are needed longer term to improve on what is already fast becoming a great game (and yes, I'd be happy to pay for a new enhanced functionality version at some future point - don't expect everything for free. David has to make a living just like the rest of us)
Post #: 1
RE: Additional penalties at LOS - 11/12/2006 3:54:26 AM   
dreamtheatervt

I haven't played a game yet, but it would be nice to see procedure penalties in the game.

(in reply to fredirat)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Additional penalties at LOS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI