Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game function request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Game function request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game function request - 11/13/2006 1:37:32 AM   
Cpt_Aubrey

To the developers of Harpoon 3+,

Perhaps my following observations/requests have been made in the past. If they have, please forgive me then.

Regarding the functionality of the game and how it pertains to the Formation Editor's influence on the game.....

1.) It seems of value in a tactitcal and resource management sense as well as in adding realism to the game to have an option where the user can limit the number of aircraft to be deployed in AAW Cap patrol type mode.

2.) Secondly, it seems of value in a tactitcal and resource management sense as well as in adding realism to the game to have an option where the user can limit the rate at which sonarbuoys are deployed from aircraft in ASW Sonarbuoy patrol type mode.

3.) Lastly, it order to add realism to the game, limit the number of sonarbuoys each aircraft can carry.

Just adding my two cents (a relative newbie although passinate fan of H3) to the probably very large Wish List.

Post #: 1
RE: Game function request - 11/13/2006 2:05:15 AM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cpt_Aubrey

3.) Lastly, it order to add realism to the game, limit the number of sonarbuoys each aircraft can carry.

The number of sonobuoys carried by aircraft is already limited / flight. If you are referring to the overall sonobuoy capacity of the home vessel, that could be an interesting proposition.

I think that it might already be possible to implement a Sonobuoy magazine in the current game. However, I'm not sure if this would add much to the game. For a side that is controlled by a human player, it certainly adds an element not seen before. Unfortunately, limiting sonobuoys / vessel might not be such a good idea if the AI controls that vessel because the poor AI is just unable to deal with complex decisions like when to start using a limited supply of sonobuoys. It just goes out and drops a full load every time it launches.

Some fellows have been talking about implementing a limit on sonobuoy usage for a few test scens in the PlayersDB. Maybe you can help us test the concept when a scenario becomes available.

(in reply to Cpt_Aubrey)
Post #: 2
RE: Game function request - 11/13/2006 11:47:35 AM   
hermanhum

I went looking to see if the game / DB editor would be able to handle sonobouys as specific magazine entries (like missiles).  I tried all manner of manipulations and modifications that are used in the various DBs to get items like bombs to be counted individually, but could not get sonobuoys to behave in the same manner.

I think that the game treats sonobuoys in the same manner as Drop Tanks and thus automatically assumes an infinite quantity is available.  If anyone else finds a work-around solution, I'd be very interested in hearing about it. 

Post #: 3
RE: Game function request - 11/13/2006 8:37:57 PM   
hermanhum

Those exact types of technique and modifications were tried to no success.

I also tested with a weapon that was being counted individually (JDAM) and just switched it from Missile to Sonobuoy as the Type and it immediately became available in unllmited quantities.

Looks like one of those, "Nice to have" things, but not vital to the game if it is absent.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Game function request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI