Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Zone Blitz

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> Zone Blitz Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zone Blitz - 11/12/2006 6:32:04 AM   
Brockleigh

Hey folks...

So I had in mind to create a zone blitz play or two for my Canadian playbook. Now, the main feature of a zone blitz play is a down lineman dropping into coverage and a linebacker attacking the QB in his place.

However, when I drop the lineman back into one of the zones, he doesn't have a Pass Coverage option to select. Now I had one of the PDS crashes mentioned elsewhere in the forum before I could delve too far into the issue, but is a pass coverage logic box for down linemen be something that can be looked into for a future patch or release?
Post #: 1
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/12/2006 6:54:20 AM   
Marauders

Tha ability of linemen to drop into zone has been discussed in the beta forum.  This may not get in until the whole zone system is redone for Release 3.5 or Release 4.

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 2
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/13/2006 1:35:40 PM   
Magnum357

Don't Linemen have Read Logic?  I have been messing around with the PDS over the past few days and Zone Blitzing has been one of the things I've been thinking about.  Maybe you could just have linemen move backwards using the "Move to" command and at the end point, give the DL's read logic.  If I recall from actual football game, the Linemen don't drop that far back for Zone Blitzes.  They mostly only go 5 to 10 yards for Short zones or Flat Zones.

on the other hand, I have to see if the PDS even allows DL's Read logic.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/13/2006 2:12:28 PM   
Great White

quote:

If I recall from actual football game, the Linemen don't drop that far back for Zone Blitzes.  They mostly only go 5 to 10 yards for Short zones or Flat Zones.

Yes, you are right; unless the DE is a OLB (like in a 3-5), then he could drop back pretty far.

quote:

Maybe you could just have linemen move backwards using the "Move to" command and at the end point, give the DL's read logic.  

on the other hand, I have to see if the PDS even allows DL's Read logic.

That is not very good, though what is one going to do. If I notice that any team payed those DL reads I would simply roll the QB out in towards the reading DL and sneak a Receiver behind him for big yards. 

< Message edited by GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam -- 11/14/2006 12:41:47 AM >

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 4
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/13/2006 7:33:20 PM   
fredirat

I actually did something simlar when designing a safety blitz as DBs don't seem to have a Pass Rush command (or I was just being thick & didn't notice it).

Basically, I used a Move To to move him to just beyond the LOS, then had a Read. Works like a charm - because he arrives late at the LOS, the OL are already engaged, so unless a RB picks him up, he's usually able to dump the QB on his backside or at least chase him out of the pocket. Of course, you can get beaten long as well

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/14/2006 12:47:04 AM   
Great White

fredirat,

Does not, automatically or wait .01 of a sec to roll out the QB (with at least one-OL or great pass blocking FB) to the side of the LB/DB beat that? The LB/DB comes up and reads, QB passes (to TE -on the same side, as the roll out- a quick and short out where the LB/DB used to be or to a deeper TE/WR doing the wheel to the sideline-coming from the opposite side-) before LB/DB finished reading or can get to the QB. The TE/WR doing the wheel route drawls the other LB/OLB out of the way. Plus, a fake handoff before the roll out will pause the other LBs/DBs long enough.

How is that not sucessful? Of course, I mean if one can recognize what the defense is doing.

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM

(in reply to fredirat)
Post #: 6
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/14/2006 12:58:16 AM   
fredirat

If you can recognise what the D is doing, you can call plays to beat anything.
But if you keep calling rollout plays, I'll just adjust my calls on D

I thought part of the game was two coaches trying to outsmart each other.

My posting was simply an attempt to discuss what can & cannot be achieved with the current PDS

(in reply to Great White)
Post #: 7
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/14/2006 3:10:28 AM   
Great White

fredirat,

No, I would not keep calling the same roll-out play, let alone rolls-out.

No, I know was not trying slame you or any thing.

(in reply to fredirat)
Post #: 8
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/17/2006 12:42:41 AM   
dreamtheatervt

To get this thread back on-track...for some reason when I have my DT's [Read], and the offense runs a pass, they backpedal 5 yards and play the pass.  I'm not sure if that's what you wanted (not what I wanted), but that's what happened to me.  I guess I shouldn't complain though, I made one defensive play and threw it in my offensive playbook so I could test that, and by calling the same base defense I held them to 74 total yards in one half.

Post #: 9
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/17/2006 12:50:48 AM   
Great White

dreamtheatervt,

Let me make sure I understand what you posted, you have at least 1-player at the DT positions, offense goes back to pass, the DT(s) drops/drop back 5-yards and plays the pass?

quote:

I made one defensive play and threw it in my offensive playbook so I could test that, and by calling the same base defense I held them to 74 total yards in one half.

You mean in my DEFENSIVE playbook, right?
               You mean to type me that your DT(s) prevented the offense from passing or running in the defense's middle?

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 10
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/17/2006 2:07:51 AM   
Brockleigh

Yeah, dreamtheatrevt, that's what I've done as well. At first I was going to have the DL do a "Stand" command, but when I saw "Read" was in their logic, I thought "What the hell, let's give it a go."

And yes, it actually works rather well. I might draw up more zone blitzes using this logic.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

Post #: 11
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/17/2006 2:12:19 AM   
dreamtheatervt

GW -

1) Yes, the DT is dropping into a zone

2) If you had the game, you would know know that you both offensive and defensive plays go into one playbook, it is not mix-and-match like FBPro; so I am correct.

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 12
RE: Zone Blitz - 11/17/2006 3:07:49 AM   
Great White

dreamtheatervt,

Then they are missing using what a playbook is supposed to be, at least in how USAn teams use them. Separate playbooks for each side of the ball, if there is only one-each side of the ball.

< Message edited by GWsFBAReservUrFBTeam -- 11/17/2006 3:11:15 AM >

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> Zone Blitz Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI