Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WIF New Kid

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF New Kid Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WIF New Kid - 11/16/2006 5:58:46 PM   
siRkid

Ok, I stop by from time to time to see how this game is coming. Looks very intresting. I ran across a few mentions of an open beata. Is there one and how does one get the files?

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Post #: 1
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/16/2006 6:27:43 PM   
Mziln

Before Matrix Games aquired the rights to develop a computerized version of World in Flames from Australian Design Group there was an open Beta.

Matrix Games is conducting a closed Beta at this time. Keep watching this forum though the Beta team may need replacement testers, you never know.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 2
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/16/2006 10:49:51 PM   
siRkid

Ok thanks.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to Mziln)
Post #: 3
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/18/2006 12:14:38 PM   
MilRevKo

Would you like a copy of the "open" beta?

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 4
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/18/2006 1:04:01 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: MilRevKo

Would you like a copy of the "open" beta?

Unless memory serves me wrong (too tired atm to look it up), the "open" beta, or CWiF, is no longer freeware/open beta/etc. When the work on making the game was handed over to Matrix Games, the version made by Chris was not to be spread anymore.

(ok ok, poor english here, but I told you, too tired )

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 5
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/18/2006 1:10:14 PM   
MilRevKo

I have a copy of the original open beta from ADG. It has the original map and counters. It is a great game and learning tool.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 6
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/18/2006 1:11:58 PM   
MilRevKo

I should have added that I would email you a copy.

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 7
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/18/2006 1:51:42 PM   
terje439

Since I'm somewhat more awake now, I'll try again

The ADG open beta (refered to as CWiF) is no longer something that is to be spread around (it is stated in a post here somewere).

Sorry if this came out somewhat harsh, that was never the intent, I just wanted to clarify what I tried to say in my previous post

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 8
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/18/2006 1:53:07 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: MilRevKo
I have a copy of the original open beta from ADG. It has the original map and counters. It is a great game and learning tool.

quote:

I should have added that I would email you a copy.

You should not do that.

CWiF is owned by ADG, and MWiF is owned by MatrixGames (and maybe ADG too, I do not know the secrets of the ADG / Matrisgames deal).

Distributing CWiF freely goes against this ownership, now that Matrix and ADG has asked it to stop. In other words, this is illegal.

Moreover, if you look at ADG website (http://www.a-d-g.com.au/), you'll see under the "Products" heading that ADG is selling a game called "WiF the (original) computer game". I've enquired to Harry Rowland (managing director of ADG), and I got to see what it was all about, and it seems that it is a CWiF game, without the playtest gear.

So, if you're in dire need or can't wait to MWiF to be finished, you can go at ADG page, and buy "WiF the (original) computer game". They say that if you buy it, you'll have a discount on MWiF.

However, be warned that a whole lot of changes were made during these last 17 months, and that MWiF will be a far better experience in ALL DOMAINS.

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 9
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/18/2006 3:20:52 PM   
siRkid

Not unless its from the official team, but thanks for the offer.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 10
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/18/2006 5:57:05 PM   
dennisb55

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

So, if you're in dire need or can't wait to MWiF to be finished, you can go at ADG page, and buy "WiF the (original) computer game". They say that if you buy it, you'll have a discount on MWiF.

However, be warned that a whole lot of changes were made during these last 17 months, and that MWiF will be a far better experience in ALL DOMAINS.

Many thanks for this information. I went ahead and purchased it since it was only $15 and you get $5 off of MWIF. By the time I figure out the basics, MWIF may be close to release.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 11
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/18/2006 7:38:19 PM   
MilRevKo

Thank you for the update and the "ownership" issues. Given this is a MWif forum, it makes sense. I look forward to purchasing MWif.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 12
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/20/2006 7:51:08 PM   
bredsjomagnus

Ahhh.... there´s where I can find this CWIF.... I´ve been pondering....

Thanx!

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 13
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/23/2006 7:32:23 PM   
dennisb55

I'm a little concerned, I ordered and got confirmation on 11/18, but did not get an ftp site and password. I don't know, it must take longer for credit card processing 'down under', I'm used to instantaneous processing. I'll let you know when my order gets processed.

Come to think of it, I always have troubles getting Matrix stuff. Can't access the digitalriver site from my home so I have to dl my purchases at work and bring them home. Judging by all these new products I'm interested in, I probably better try to get that fixed.

(in reply to bredsjomagnus)
Post #: 14
RE: WIF New Kid - 11/25/2006 6:53:55 PM   
dennisb55

The problem lies with the bank that issues the credit card. You have to contact the bank (not the credit card company) to authorized overseas purchases.

(in reply to dennisb55)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF New Kid Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI