Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IP to IP connectivity

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> IP to IP connectivity Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IP to IP connectivity - 11/22/2006 1:34:09 AM   
Epishade

Will this still be included in CC-CoI as it was in CC3? I always feel it helps with the longevity of a game, where it doesn't depend upon external servers etc and you can just hook up direct with your buddies. Time moves on, but if we like it we still play the game! (esp the CC series!)

All the above being said the prospect of a built in player matching service sounds great!
Post #: 1
RE: IP to IP connectivity - 11/22/2006 4:00:55 AM   
Randall Grubb

It's still there. You can connect direct when you input the other player's IP. Or his to yours. BattleHQ is a way to pick up a game or hang around while waiting on someone to show up.

< Message edited by Senior Drill -- 11/22/2006 4:07:22 AM >

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to Epishade)
Post #: 2
RE: IP to IP connectivity - 11/22/2006 1:58:01 PM   
Beeblebrox

There is also a TeamSpeak Server being made available for those who want to take advantage of it during online/H2H play etc.

Moreover, with CoI, we have included MMCCIII (an online 24x7 virtual campaign system) where you can either fight with or against your buddies.  MMCCIII = Massive Multiplayer Close Combat III.  However, so as not to mislead, there is no 'co-operative' game play in CoI itslef, just as in CC3.

(in reply to Randall Grubb)
Post #: 3
RE: IP to IP connectivity - 11/22/2006 8:41:50 PM   
Epishade

Thanks for the feedback Senior Drill and Beeblebrox (mix yourself a Pangalactic Gargleblaster ). I've played CC3 and CC5 using Yahoo instant messenger talk option for a while with a buddy who is still dialup. Ok so some stuttering in the audio department, but there's no massive overhead on the games so they run like a dream. An integrated voicechat option sounds handy. I find being able to chat while you play adds a great deal to the game!

Really looking forward to the release!

(in reply to Epishade)
Post #: 4
RE: IP to IP connectivity - 11/23/2006 9:42:21 PM   
Beeblebrox

quote:

I find being able to chat while you play adds a great deal to the game!
We find TeamSpeak works very well, and have been using it for quite some time when working with Close Combat (even with 6+ concurrent players using CCM).

The slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick trick has to be experienced... ;)

(in reply to Epishade)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> IP to IP connectivity Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI