Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... - 11/23/2006 1:16:38 AM   
brb321

Hi everyone. I love this game. I have been able to create and play my Roughriders in an arcade style. I know this has been discussed a few times in the forum, but I would like some help. I am using the coaching mode in a league I established. The problem is that my quarterback throws about 4 interceptions a quarter, and when he doesn't throw an interception, the pass is usually incomplete. I have up'd the passing ratings for my quarterback, and the catching and hand ratings for the receivers, but to no avail. Any help please, because it ruining the game experience me. thank-you.
Post #: 1
RE: Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... - 11/23/2006 3:37:53 AM   
David Winter

Hi there.

I assume that as you have a team called Roughriders, you've built a Canadian rules league? If this is a correct assumption, I tend to think that perhaps it's the stock Canadian style plays that are the cause of this.

The stock Canadian playbook is fairly limited right now. I'm working on beefing that up.

Oh.. I also definitely need to ask what build you're using. The number is displayed on the top left of the title screen (with the spinning ball).

If you're using the latest build 1.3.84, then I can provide you with a tweaked constant.dat file that gives a little more accuracy to the Canadian style of game. 

< Message edited by David Winter -- 11/23/2006 3:42:17 AM >

(in reply to brb321)
Post #: 2
RE: Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... - 11/24/2006 7:37:51 PM   
brb321

Thanks David for the quick reply. I am now using build 1.3.84, and it does play alot better. But I would to try out the constant.dat file for the Canadian style of play. Let me know how to retrieve it...

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... - 11/26/2006 6:29:07 AM   
David Winter

Attached is a zip file that contains a slightly modified constants.dat file. I've increased the overall passing accuracy just slightly. This will give you higher passing totals (meaning if used with the US rule set, it may give higher than realistic passing results). For the Canadian game however, I think the file produces more enjoyable game play.

Eventually I need to get sliders into the game so people don't need to swap around these text files.. but that's something for later on.

Just unzip the file into your game folder and overwrite what ever is there. Let me know how that works for you.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to brb321)
Post #: 4
RE: Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... - 11/26/2006 6:40:42 PM   
brb321

Thanks David. I am sure this will help...

GO RIDERS!!!!!!

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 5
RE: Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... - 11/27/2006 12:10:42 AM   
dreamtheatervt

Are these your plays or the computer plays?  You haven't stated this, and could definately be a source of problesms, especially if they are your plays and they have logic errors or are poorly designed.  I ask because my QB's consistantly complete 80+% of their passes with a 12+ yards/reception average using my plays in a basic 2 receiver, 2 RB offense (American rules).  My experience has been that the pass defense is incredibly weak, while the run defense (particularly between the tackles) is quite stout.

(in reply to brb321)
Post #: 6
RE: Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... - 11/27/2006 12:24:45 AM   
Tbird

quote:

ORIGINAL: dreamtheatervt

My experience has been that the pass defense is incredibly weak, while the run defense (particularly between the tackles) is quite stout.

That depends on what plays you call

It's possible to make plays that can shutdown deep passes with the new PDS system

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 7
RE: Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... - 11/27/2006 12:41:17 AM   
Tullius

When plays or profiles (preventing that the AI uses a 43 base against 3 WR package) do not help you can still change the data constants. I have seen settings where the defenders kocking down everything.

< Message edited by Tullius -- 11/27/2006 12:48:19 AM >

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 8
RE: Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... - 11/28/2006 11:23:19 PM   
brb321

quote:

ORIGINAL: dreamtheatervt

Are these your plays or the computer plays?  You haven't stated this, and could definately be a source of problesms, especially if they are your plays and they have logic errors or are poorly designed.  I ask because my QB's consistantly complete 80+% of their passes with a 12+ yards/reception average using my plays in a basic 2 receiver, 2 RB offense (American rules).  My experience has been that the pass defense is incredibly weak, while the run defense (particularly between the tackles) is quite stout.

These are the plays that came with the game. It seems to be better now that I was able to download a new constants.dat file...

GO RIDERS!!!!!!

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Sorry Guys, Need Help with Interceptions... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI