Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading... - 11/30/2006 2:30:11 AM   
Gil R.

Instead of having dozens of threads spring up like mushrooms after summer rain, I thought I'd create a single thread where people can describe their problems (or vent about them, I guess). Have at it.
Post #: 1
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 2:31:06 AM   
David Heath

Good Call Gil

Ok I posted a few times but let me make this official here.

On every Matrix Games release this happens.  It takes a little time for the files to get all downloaded and setup to all of our servers.  Everyone should also do a refresh on their browser to make sure you are seeing the most recent page and not a cached page.  I also highly recommend that you go to our games section and select Forge of Freedom and click on the Buy link.  The links in the Buy section are direct links in the stores for each country to purchase the game.  Once again thank for your support.

David

< Message edited by David Heath -- 11/30/2006 2:34:20 AM >

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 2
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 2:34:40 AM   
vonSchnitter

Anyone around with tar and/or feathers to spare ?
Or with a good source of the goods to share ?

Sorry - could not resist

Cheers

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 3
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 3:34:42 AM   
Grifman

Ok, I have a strange problem. I bought game, got my email, downloaded it, tried to install, but it refuses to take my serial number that came in the email. I tried a simple copy/paste, then handtyping it, but it says I have an invalid serial number. The serial number is all numbers in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. Do I have the right number? The only other number I see in the email is the "order" number.

So what's up with that?

(in reply to vonSchnitter)
Post #: 4
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 3:40:03 AM   
Temple

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grifman

Ok, I have a strange problem. I bought game, got my email, downloaded it, tried to install, but it refuses to take my serial number that came in the email. I tried a simple copy/paste, then handtyping it, but it says I have an invalid serial number. The serial number is all numbers in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. Do I have the right number? The only other number I see in the email is the "order" number.

So what's up with that?

I had that happen with the last Matrix Game I got due to a Digital Rivers error. Be sure to email them and post in the support forum here. I got a new serial and download link in a couple of hours.

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 5
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 5:13:44 AM   
Johnus

How do you make a backup CD when the file is over 700MB. All the CD's I have are limited 700 MB. Nero wont let me burn the disk. ???

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 6
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 5:20:50 AM   
Grifman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnnie

How do you make a backup CD when the file is over 700MB. All the CD's I have are limited 700 MB. Nero wont let me burn the disk. ???

You'll have to use a DVD instead I guess :)

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 7
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 5:59:46 AM   
Littleprivate

First time post long time lurker,
Bought the digital download, downloaded and tried to uncompress the files and the uncompression locks up and becomes unresponsive. any ideas how to fix this and do i need to go re-download ( if possible) the whole thing again?

Littleprivate

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 8
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 6:00:58 AM   
Erik Rutins

Grifman,

quote:

So what's up with that?

Are you entering the dashes along with the number?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 9
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 6:03:24 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Littleprivate
First time post long time lurker,
Bought the digital download, downloaded and tried to uncompress the files and the uncompression locks up and becomes unresponsive. any ideas how to fix this and do i need to go re-download ( if possible) the whole thing again?

There are a few possibilities:

1. The zip file is corrupt, in which case go go www.findmyorder.com and re-download.
2. The zip file, being quite large, is simply taking a very long time to process on your system. If you are using the default windows decompression and have a slow rig, this can happen. In that case, try a free trial from www.winzip.com to see if that works any better.

Also, for anyone experiencing download issues:

- If you can't see the game in the Store, try the Buy Now links on the Games page to go directly to it while the store cache clears
- If you have problems getting a clean download, try a free download manager like www.stardownloader.com

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Littleprivate)
Post #: 10
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 6:10:10 AM   
Grifman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Grifman,

quote:

So what's up with that?

Are you entering the dashes along with the number?

Yes I am, I did a simple copy/paste from the email so it automatically included the dashes :)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 6:11:22 AM   
Erik Rutins

Please go to www.findmyorder.com and confirm that the number listed there for you matches the one you are entering from the e-mail. If it does, then please e-mail support@matrixgames.com and we'll make sure you get a new working serial number as early as possible tomorrow.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 12
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 6:17:57 AM   
Grifman

Went to findmyorder.com and the number matches. I'll email your support department. I'd hate to have to call you a bunch of "carpetbaggers"

Post #: 13
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 6:20:45 AM   
Littleprivate

THanks it was my zip version that was having the problem now we are able to beat the northern horde back across the patomic

thanks a ton

Post #: 14
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 6:26:55 AM   
Erik Rutins

Grifman,

quote:

Went to findmyorder.com and the number matches. I'll email your support department. I'd hate to have to call you a bunch of "carpetbaggers"

Heh, certainly not! Please also e-mail your order receipt with serial number to erikr@matrixgames.com and gregw@matrixgames.com - I'd like to make sure we know how a non-working serial number might have been issued in this case, when others seem to be working. We'll follow up with support to make sure you get a new one as well.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 15
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 6:27:15 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Littleprivate
THanks it was my zip version that was having the problem now we are able to beat the northern horde back across the patomic
thanks a ton

Great to hear, enjoy!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Littleprivate)
Post #: 16
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 6:51:41 AM   
Grifman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Grifman,

quote:

Heh, certainly not! Please also e-mail your order receipt with serial number to erikr@matrixgames.com and gregw@matrixgames.com - I'd like to make sure we know how a non-working serial number might have been issued in this case, when others seem to be working. We'll follow up with support to make sure you get a new one as well.

Ok, strangely enough, I tried again, and it works now.

But I think I know what the issue is. I have a spam browser that I check all my emails in before accepting them in my mailbox. I can look at the contents there. But this browser doesn't have all the fancy formatting that the email does. It's simple text.

But this last time I copy/pasted from the formatted email and it worked. In the email, the serial is bolded rather than plain text. This seemed to be the problem, because it would not work from the simple text email in the browser. But that wouldn't explain why it didn't work when I typed it in?

Anyway, it now works and I have no reason why. Thanks for the help.

Grifman

Post #: 17
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 1:51:01 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnnie

DVD or an 800mb CD blank.

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 18
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 4:37:17 PM   
ericbabe

Yeah we stopped adding features only when we were worried it wouldn't fit on one 800MB CD 

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 19
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 7:34:40 PM   
Brausepaul

Mmh, not a problem with downloading, but I git the confirmation email which was completely empty. Was it supposed to contain anything important?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 20
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 7:57:00 PM   
Houtje

Help! I can't finish my order. when I want to submit my final order, I get error number 30016976 - 0
I have no idea what this means. Ideas anyone?

Edit: after trying a couple times more, it DID work. Oh well, sorry to have bothered you.

< Message edited by Houtje -- 11/30/2006 8:02:25 PM >

(in reply to Brausepaul)
Post #: 21
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 8:56:21 PM   
Williamb

I need to know if I can pay for this game and download it later.

I have tried once again to pay using my credit card and AGAIN I get an error message when it tries to go to Digital River. I believe this is caused by a web browser virus I have and cant seem to get rid of.

But I can use my work email to pay for it just that I cant download it at work. So I wonder if I can pay now and download later at home ?

(in reply to Houtje)
Post #: 22
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 9:05:57 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: William Amos

I need to know if I can pay for this game and download it later.

I have tried once again to pay using my credit card and AGAIN I get an error message when it tries to go to Digital River. I believe this is caused by a web browser virus I have and cant seem to get rid of.

But I can use my work email to pay for it just that I cant download it at work. So I wonder if I can pay now and download later at home ?

Yes, make sure you get all the email send to your home email address. Then go to www.findmyorder.com and enter the necessary data. then you can access the download link.

Why not use PayPal? We accept that too.

(in reply to Williamb)
Post #: 23
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 9:06:27 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Houtje

Help! I can't finish my order. when I want to submit my final order, I get error number 30016976 - 0
I have no idea what this means. Ideas anyone?

Edit: after trying a couple times more, it DID work. Oh well, sorry to have bothered you.

Email to : support@matrixgames.com

(in reply to Houtje)
Post #: 24
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 9:36:18 PM   
Williamb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Why not use PayPal? We accept that too.

Because same said virus also seems to have implanted a file that seems to want to send any kind of paypal info off to some unknown webaddress. I caught it just in time to prevent it from doing that. I have tried eradicating it several times but until I do a full systems wipe Id rather not use any non secure method of sending out info. At least with my Credit card and home email I can see purchases. Im not as sure of the pay pal ones.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 25
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 10:11:16 PM   
Vipes31uk

Distraught and frustrated here. Everytime I go to buy something from Matrix Store (based in UK here) I always have trouble getting to the stage where I can actually download the flipping game. I have tried ordering this at least 15 time tonight via US, EU and UK stores and always the same flipping error. Not a problem my end as I have more than enough money in the account and have successfully used it tonight to purchase from Steam. Why does this always happen to me. I've tried refreshing pages etc but to no avail. I see now that at least one of my orders was registered but not processed and I can complete the transaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I really want to play this tonight but feel as though I am just going to have to give up entirely unless Matrix can come through!

(in reply to Williamb)
Post #: 26
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 11/30/2006 11:41:46 PM   
Williamb

Sounds like what I got there vipes. Was some weird error message once I entered in all my credit info.

I honestly give up. I tried entering my Credit card info here at work and digital river STILL says its an invalid card despite the fact everyone else I buy from has no problems with the card. In fact I have ordered from Digital River several times but the last few purchases have been stopped by whatever is causing this

So I have to do what I did before. I ordered via money order is only solution I can find to this silly problem.

< Message edited by William Amos -- 11/30/2006 11:55:11 PM >

(in reply to Vipes31uk)
Post #: 27
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 12/1/2006 12:57:09 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vipes31uk

Distraught and frustrated here. Everytime I go to buy something from Matrix Store (based in UK here) I always have trouble getting to the stage where I can actually download the flipping game. I have tried ordering this at least 15 time tonight via US, EU and UK stores and always the same flipping error. Not a problem my end as I have more than enough money in the account and have successfully used it tonight to purchase from Steam. Why does this always happen to me. I've tried refreshing pages etc but to no avail. I see now that at least one of my orders was registered but not processed and I can complete the transaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I really want to play this tonight but feel as though I am just going to have to give up entirely unless Matrix can come through!

Can you describe what your are doing (which store portal, what kind of payment method, card type etc. etc.) more detailed? It is not a matter of how much money you have. Nobody checks that

Best thing is you write (detailed please) to support@matrixgames.com as they can handle this with Digital River directly.

(in reply to Vipes31uk)
Post #: 28
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 12/1/2006 12:59:13 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: William Amos

Sounds like what I got there vipes. Was some weird error message once I entered in all my credit info.

I honestly give up. I tried entering my Credit card info here at work and digital river STILL says its an invalid card despite the fact everyone else I buy from has no problems with the card. In fact I have ordered from Digital River several times but the last few purchases have been stopped by whatever is causing this

So I have to do what I did before. I ordered via money order is only solution I can find to this silly problem.

William, we would much appreciate it if you could write to support@matrixgames.com with a detailed description of what you are doing, what card type, error message etc. etc.. This looks like a problem with Digital River specifically and we would of course like to sort this out.

(in reply to Williamb)
Post #: 29
RE: Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloa... - 12/1/2006 1:12:12 PM   
Erik Rutins

Vipes,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vipes31uk

Very sorry to hear about this - what payment method are you using? If you continue to have issues, you can always contact us at support@matrixgames.com or call the phone number on the store to place your order by phone to complete it, then download via www.findmyorder.com once you have your order number.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Vipes31uk)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Being a Thread Devoted to Problems with the Downloading Process Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI