Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where's Missouri? Show me!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Where's Missouri? Show me! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 7:16:23 AM   
Grifman

I just loaded the game for a look before going to bed and I'm curious - what happened to Missouri? When you look at the map with all the governors, there's a big blank where Missouri is. I couldn't find anything related to Missouri in the game. Did we miss the 13th Confederate state?
Post #: 1
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 7:20:00 AM   
Gil R.

Odd. Which scenario are you playing?

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 2
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 7:26:04 AM   
chris0827

I would think that you don't have a governor because the Union controls the state capital

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 7:33:43 AM   
Gil R.

The individuals who can appear as a USA or CSA governor of Missouri are: Hamilton Gamble, Claiborne Jackson, Willard Hall, B. Gratz Brown, and Thomas C. Reynolds. Are you seeing any of those guys on the governors map? And what about when you click on the "Governors" link on the main strategic screen? Does a Missouri governor appear there? (He only would if you're playing the USA.)

(in reply to chris0827)
Post #: 4
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 8:44:52 AM   
SlapBone

On the normal scenario, Missouri is a Union state.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 8:49:52 AM   
Gil R.

Yes. This came up a few months ago. The reason is that by Nov. 1861 the Union held the state capital, and the exiled pro-CSA governor was in the southwest corner of the state. A fundamental rule in FOF is that whichever side controls the capital controls the state, so Missouri absolutely must start as a Union state in Nov. 1861, even if it wasn't 100% Union the way Michigan or Vermont was.

I can't remember how we handled it in the July 1861 scenario, to be honest.

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 11/30/2006 8:54:12 AM >

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 6
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 8:52:30 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grifman

Did we miss the 13th Confederate state?

Not to split hairs but,the Confederate Congress admitted Missouri as the 12th confederate state on November 28, 1861.
---------------------------------------------------------
An act declaring the political ties heretofore existing between the State of Missouri and the United States of America dissolved.

Whereas the Government of the United States, in the possession and under the control of a sectional party, has wantonly violated the compact originally made between said Government and the State of Missouri, by invading with hostile armies the soil of the State, attacking and making prisoners the militia while legally assembled under the State laws, forcibly occupying the State capitol, and attempting through the instrumentality of domestic traitors to usurp the State government, seizing and destroying private property, and murdering with fiendish malignity peaceable citizens, men, women, and children, together with other acts of atrocity, indicating a deep-settled hostility toward the people of Missouri and their institutions; and

Whereas the present Administration of the Government of the United States has utterly ignored the Constitution, subverted the Government as constructed and intended by its makers, and established a despotic and arbitrary power instead thereof: Now, therefore,

Be it enacted by the general assembly of the State of Missouri, That all political ties of every character new existing between the Government of the United States of America and the people and government of the State of Missouri are hereby dissolved, and the State of Missouri, resuming the sovereignty granted by compact to the said United States upon admission of said State into the Federal Union, does again take its place as a free and independent republic amongst the nations of the earth.

This act to take effect and be in force from and after its passage.

Approved, October 31, 1861.

Mo Reb

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 11/30/2006 9:02:09 AM >

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 7
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 5:15:08 PM   
Hard Sarge

give em a break gang

this is the end of the first turn report

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 8
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 6:17:03 PM   
Moltke71

Coming from a line of Missouri Confederates, I agree with Missouri being dragooned into the Union in Nov. 1861.  By then, the St. Louis Germans had done their thing and the river was secure.  Of course, I hope the effects of guerillas are protrayed.  Haven't got my copy yet.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 9
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 8:53:34 PM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bismarck

...Of course, I hope the effects of guerillas are protrayed.  Haven't got my copy yet.

The CSA player can build raiders and partisans.

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 10
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 11/30/2006 10:20:32 PM   
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

quote:

Did we miss the 13th Confederate state?

Not to split hairs but,the Confederate Congress admitted Missouri as the 12th confederate state on November 28, 1861.
---------------------------------------------------------
An act declaring the political ties heretofore existing between the State of Missouri and the United States of America dissolved.

Whereas the Government of the United States, in the possession and under the control of a sectional party, has wantonly violated the compact originally made between said Government and the State of Missouri, by invading with hostile armies the soil of the State, attacking and making prisoners the militia while legally assembled under the State laws, forcibly occupying the State capitol, and attempting through the instrumentality of domestic traitors to usurp the State government, seizing and destroying private property, and murdering with fiendish malignity peaceable citizens, men, women, and children, together with other acts of atrocity, indicating a deep-settled hostility toward the people of Missouri and their institutions; and

Whereas the present Administration of the Government of the United States has utterly ignored the Constitution, subverted the Government as constructed and intended by its makers, and established a despotic and arbitrary power instead thereof: Now, therefore,

Be it enacted by the general assembly of the State of Missouri, That all political ties of every character new existing between the Government of the United States of America and the people and government of the State of Missouri are hereby dissolved, and the State of Missouri, resuming the sovereignty granted by compact to the said United States upon admission of said State into the Federal Union, does again take its place as a free and independent republic amongst the nations of the earth.

This act to take effect and be in force from and after its passage.

Approved, October 31, 1861.

Mo Reb

Well,I know the first place you will liberate from tyrrany.

"Never take counsel of your fears."

Tho. Jackson

Post #: 11
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 12:11:49 AM   
histgamer

Are there other scenerio start dates? Like June 1861? Or no?

(in reply to AU Tiger_MatrixForum)
Post #: 12
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 1:22:22 AM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: flanyboy

Are there other scenerio start dates? Like June 1861? Or no?

We have a July 1861 (pre-Manassas) scenario which has a very different feel. We would like to add additional scenarios through patches, and will be very eager to hear people's thoughts on this. Perhaps once everyone has some playing experience under their belts someone can start a thread on the subject.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 13
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 1:47:29 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: AU Tiger

Yeah...if I ever put the manual down and actually START playing. I always read the whole thing before I get cracking on the game. Silly me.

mo reb

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Post #: 14
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 1:49:46 AM   
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

quote:

quote:

Yeah...if I ever put the manual down and actually START playing. I always read the whole thing before I get cracking on the game. Silly me.

mo reb

The same. Page 93 here.

Tho. Jackson

Post #: 15
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 1:53:02 AM   
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

By the way, how's the weather over there? We will be getting it soon.

Tho. Jackson

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 16
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 2:06:39 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Right now a couple inches of sleet with much snow to follow. Possibly 12 inches but more likely 5-9. I have tommorow off so I am so glad the game was released when it was. I see you did at least get the game finally. Let us study our tactics and litter the field with the federal invading scum?

mo reb

Post #: 17
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 2:10:06 AM   
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

quote:

Right now a couple inches of sleet with much snow to follow. Possibly 12 inches but more likely 5-9. I have tommorow off so I am so glad the game was released when it was. I see you did at least get the game finally. Let us study our tactics and litter the field with the federal invading scum?

mo reb

Tho. Jackson

Post #: 18
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 2:17:32 AM   
captskillet

Well its 38 here in S'port now AU.............they had some snow in Big D earlier (speaking of Big D.....How 'bout Tony Romo and them DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!)...........good Duck Hunting weather !

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Post #: 19
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 3:16:23 AM   
Grifman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

If you start the Basic Scenario, playing as the Rebs. On the first turn, go to the Overview screen, the one with the large national map. It shows all the states with portraits of their governors. Missouri is a big blank map area with no governor portrait.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 20
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 3:28:07 AM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

quote:

If you start the Basic Scenario, playing as the Rebs. On the first turn, go to the Overview screen, the one with the large national map. It shows all the states with portraits of their governors. Missouri is a big blank map area with no governor portrait.

did you see my post ?

at the end of the turn, there is a Vote for a new Governor

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 21
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 3:40:23 AM   
Grifman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

quote:

quote:

did you see my post ?

at the end of the turn, there is a Vote for a new Governor

Obviously not

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 22
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 3:43:01 AM   
Hard Sarge

okay

up a little bit, I posted a screen shot of the first turn event screen

the Governor will be installed at the end of the first turn

hope that helps :)

< Message edited by Hard Sarge -- 12/1/2006 3:48:27 AM >

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 23
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 3:43:11 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Hehehe....just had a blast in the snow and ice with the Polaris Ranger. Man that thing is a hoot in mud AND snow it now seems. First time I had it out in it.
We use it at our lake lots. 13 lakes to fish and 148 miles of roads to scoot on. Largemouths and rednecks go hand in hand.

Kids kicking up some dust.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 12/1/2006 3:52:19 AM >

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 24
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 3:49:47 AM   
Gil R.

Okay, I'm about to betray my New York City suburbs upbringing: just what is a Polaris Ranger? Not to be insulting, but from behind it looks like a souped-up golf cart.

Post #: 25
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 3:51:55 AM   
Hard Sarge

LOL
man

don't you know nothing ?

that a southern Caddy man

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 26
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 3:53:05 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

hehe..yeah in a way it is...more like a massive 4-wheeler with a dump bed. Full independent suspension, 4-wheel drive and can tow 1800 lbs... It is a tank...take down trees 4 inches thick. We use it to pull our boats as to not get the vehicles wt from swimming. But yes...a golf cart on steriods. Climbs like a beast though.

notice the upper-east coast terrior. a.k.a.boston...we have 2...sigh

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 12/1/2006 4:06:27 AM >

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 27
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 3:58:38 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

LOL
man

don't you know nothing ?

that a southern Caddy man

Lol :D

its sick but I put in a stereo with amp and 4 6and 1/2 inches above and 2 10's in the bed... Hank Jr. loud and clear.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 28
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/1/2006 7:03:27 AM   
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

quote:

Hehehe....just had a blast in the snow and ice with the Polaris Ranger. Man that thing is a hoot in mud AND snow it now seems. First time I had it out in it.
We use it at our lake lots. 13 lakes to fish and 148 miles of roads to scoot on. Largemouths and rednecks go hand in hand.

Kids kicking up some dust.

Damn that looks like fun! I need to come up to visit! I'll bring my .58 Enfield....
And lots of powder and Minie's....

< Message edited by AU Tiger -- 12/1/2006 7:14:55 AM >

Tho. Jackson

Post #: 29
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/5/2006 5:28:46 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

Damn that looks like fun! I need to come up to visit! I'll bring my .58 Enfield....
And lots of powder and Minie's....

I'll let you drive the Ranger if I can fly the plane. Do come up. Just make sure you bring enough ammo for whatever your fancy. Or we can buy more. And don't forget your rod.

We have been without power for the last four days as a result of the freezing rain. It's been a certain kind of hell being holed up in the living room and no power. Had the generator going to keep the bare necessities up and running. Poor thing took a beating running non stop like it was.
The Lord works in mysterious ways. I did get the game like I was hoping so I could play it on my days off, but ended up losing the power. But I did get to spend some good family time together safe and dry. All things in perspective.

mo reb

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Where's Missouri? Show me! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI