Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas present??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas present?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas present?? - 12/8/2006 5:20:34 PM   
Longstreet_slith

Hi Folks,

Is there any chance at all that this will be ready for Christmas? I would order immediately, particularly if there is a significant improvement in the AI for these games!

Thanks,
Longstreet
Post #: 1
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 1/7/2007 5:48:36 AM   
rhondabrwn

Longstreet, I think we can now definitely assume that it WILL be ready for Christmas... 2007, that is

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to Longstreet_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 4/6/2007 12:24:36 AM   
Karl Berg

Now that perhaps games od Campaign series are going to be released can we hope to have new realises of battleground series for kristmas 2007 ?
Karl Berg 

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 3
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 4/7/2007 7:52:31 AM   
rhondabrwn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Berg

Now that perhaps games od Campaign series are going to be released can we hope to have new realises of battleground series for kristmas 2007 ?
Karl Berg

We can hope...

Though HPS just released Campaign Atlanta to add to their Campaign series and provide another alternative. This new game features the largest maps ever put into a hex based war game (they claim). The usual crude graphics though which dampens my enthusiasm until mods are available for it (or someone establishes that the older mods for Gettysburg etc will work on it).

Anyway, Campaign Gettysburg is giving me my "Battleground Fix" while the endless wait continues (and also the Chickamauga "Wilderness" mod).

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

(in reply to Karl Berg)
Post #: 4
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 4/10/2007 11:21:19 AM   
Rich Walker

Hi Rhonda,

The claim is that it is the largest map in an ACW HPS game. The north-south length is 1,377 hexes with an average width of about 400 hexes. In all, about 10 megs. However, most of the individual battles use sub maps of the overall map. This is done for a couple reasons. 1) the jump map is useless for showing any troop detail when the overall map is exclusively used, 2) using the overall map for small battles like Alatoona would seem silly. But there are a few with the large map (scn # 61), and buyers can always design their own game using the editor. Just pick map 03.

There are also a few company level games.

Rich

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 5
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 4/10/2007 11:32:48 AM   
christof139

The old TS games work fine on my WinXP compooter, including the ACW and WWII games with Divided Ground included.

I will most likely get the new Matrix reissues as the additions sound interestin even if we can only speculate about what those additions will be. I speculate some more linked campaign thingies, a few more scenarios, and maybe minor AI improvements. Also, it would be nice if the planes doing strfing runs were slowed down a bit so you can see the little buzzing machines and their effects.

And, I hopefully speculate they come in Bundles and don't cost too much, and if they do cost a lot, well I have all the old TS games with great mods for the ACW and Nappy Wars games, including most of the NIR Project Nappy Wars mods. Many great WWII mods out there too.

It's interesting to use the Nappy War engine for ACW games, as then you can detach Skirmishers in the ACW games.

******One last wish, put a Map Editor in the ACW and Nappy War games as is in the WWII games, then they will sell like hotcakes, I guarantee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!****** Also, add Gunboats, Sloops of War like the Hartford, CSA Sea Raiders like the Alabama, the USA 90-Day Steam Gunboats, Sailing Ships with sail only, and Ironclads for the USA and CSA, and I have done this with the TS Shiloh game engine, but I never modded the sprite file sheet to add the new ships so they all look like the USA Shiloh game gunboats. I made review panel icons for all the ships though, and they look good and are accurate for ship type representation. That is my Sabine Pass II mod at the ACW Cartography Office and the NIR Project. The weapons types and amounts per ship are easily moddable, so you don't need all the ship types to be represented, although Monitor class ironclads are a must, and on screen sprites for CSA ironclads and USA River ironclads can be the same but different review panel icons are needed, and I have some good ones.******

Chris

*************BTW, the East Front I and West Front I Map Editor can be used to make ACW maps, but you have to replace all the building icons/sprites and some of the terrain and use the EF/WF Swamp Hexes for Swamp and Marsh in the ACW and not the EF/WF Marsh hexes. All this info. is available at the NIR Project and ACW Cartogarphy Office and is in the 'Green Book'.

< Message edited by christof139 -- 4/13/2007 10:21:39 PM >

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to Rich Walker)
Post #: 6
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 4/11/2007 6:03:25 AM   
rhondabrwn

Glad to see some activity here! Things have been pretty dead.

Good info on the Campaign Atlanta game. Thanks.

And, I too, will be buying all the reissues.

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

(in reply to christof139)
Post #: 7
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 4/13/2007 10:22:21 PM   
christof139

*************BTW, the East Front I and West Front I Map Editor can be used to make ACW maps, but you have to replace all the building icons/sprites and some of the terrain and use the EF/WF Swamp Hexes for Swamp and Marsh in the ACW and not the EF/WF Marsh hexes. All this info. is available at the NIR Project and ACW Cartogarphy Office and is in the 'Green Book'.
Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 8
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 4/26/2007 3:37:26 AM   
dalelast

Cancelled or still a possiblity? At least have the decency to let us know.

< Message edited by dalelast -- 4/26/2007 3:38:41 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 4/26/2007 11:10:47 PM   
Karl Berg

I am interested in making ACW maps using East Front and west fron editor (only release I or also followings ?). Where can i find NIR Project and ACW Cartogarphy Office and is in the 'Green Book'.
Thanks
Karl Berg

(in reply to christof139)
Post #: 10
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 4/27/2007 3:52:48 AM   
lancerunolfsson

quote:

Where can i find NIR Project and ACW Cartogarphy Office and is in the 'Green Book'.

Try googling:^)
OK I did one for you
http://www.acwgc.org/acwco/

< Message edited by lancerunolfsson -- 4/27/2007 3:55:30 AM >

(in reply to Karl Berg)
Post #: 11
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 5/3/2007 7:38:56 PM   
btlgrd

As someone else said, Which Christmas? Of course, it is "Coming Soon", he seriously is only waiting on one guy to do a couple things etc, etc.
During my time in the military we used to say: Yeah, the bus is on time, the check's in the mail & I won't .....(to crude to repeat here). I think he has lost any credibility he may have had. I would have thought that was important to someone representing a business?

Post #: 12
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 5/10/2007 2:36:06 PM   
General

Looks like it will be here soon, they are advertising it on this website.
Maybe someone could give us some pre - release news?
Thanks, thats an order btw.
General

(in reply to btlgrd)
Post #: 13
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 6/5/2007 10:49:10 PM   
Karl Berg

Now that new edition of campaign series  seen light when can we hope to see also Battloground ?
Karl berg

(in reply to General)
Post #: 14
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 9/10/2007 3:51:58 AM   
General

Yeppers!
Christmas 2007!!

(in reply to Karl Berg)
Post #: 15
RE: Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas pre... - 9/29/2007 3:48:08 PM   
General

bump

(in reply to General)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Any chance for this being ready for a Christmas present?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI