Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug - 8/5/2000 2:24:00 PM   
Desert Fox

No this does not have to do with the forum, though it is clearly a little buggy today. What I have seen is a bug dealing with the VCR replay. More specifically, interrupting the replay. I was playing a nice battle, US vs Japs 1/42 and was kicking butt from my nice entrenched positions. Anyways, I accidentally hit the V key, and pow, the replay starts normally. Luckily I remembered that the . key was supposed to stop the replay, so I pressed and held it till the replay stopped. However, the battlefield situation after I pressed the button was not the same battle situation I had when I pressed the v key. Apparently, when I stopped the replay, instead of bringing me back to the current battlefield, I was given an opportunity to rewrite history. The battlefield situation was exactly the same as it had been the moment I stopped the replay. Example: In one area of the battlefield before I pressed the V key, there was a 4 man infantry squad which I had been pounding for most of that turn, and during op fire. After I stopped the replay, the squad was back at 15 men, the same strength it had at the end of my last turn. So anyways, I pressed the V key again, figuring it would bring me back to the present if I let it play through, and as well as I can remember, the situation on the battlefield was like I had left it before pressing the V key. I saved my game and tried it again. I pressed V, and stopped it midstream. Sure enough, I was allowed to rekill squads I had already killed. It seems that when you press the . key to stop the replay, you are given the situation as it is currently displayed in the replay. I think it treats this as the beginning of your turn. As far as I could tell, the units all had the shots they should have had, if indeed my turn had started at that moment. I didn't check all my units, after all, I had 6 companies worth, but the ones I did check had all the shots I would expect, based on their status and previous use in the battle. I apologize, this is a little long winded and probably difficult to understand, but I don't see any reason why you folks couldn't reproduce it. If you want, I still have the save game after I had let the replay run through. But tell me quickly, because I will overwrite it in a few days if you don't.

Post #: 1
- 8/6/2000 1:10:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Very clear, DF. Michael and Tom will see this post and check it out. So will I. Thanks..WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Desert Fox)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI