Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Updates?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Updates? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Updates? - 12/12/2006 4:24:11 AM   
enginepainter

Am a noobie here. No razzing please. Bought the game about three years ago now and loved it but have lost it so am buying it again but I have a question regarding updates and beta updates. I assume I have to update the major update 1.2 before anything else but then do I need to find all the other betas and update the sim in that order or can I just update with the latest beta 1.41 and have all the other betas updated automatically with the final beta? Hope that is understandable.
By the way it is nice to see some of the same people still here after all this time that I have been gone from the sim. I had some major physical problems that kept me away for a time, but looking forward to getting into the sim again, especially with all the new features that are in 2007. Many of which, I remember were being discussed all those years ago. Glad to see but am not surprised that Shaun has listened and incorporated them into the sim. I don't know of any other person who has that kind of dedication to improving a game as does Shaun. It's nice to see that he hasn't changed over the years and is still listening to the sim's users.
Hopefully I will be able to contribute something to this board if nothing more than being very wordy and very supportive of third party developers. They are the ones, besides Shaun who make this sim the best there is. My hat is off to all of them! Thank you!

A bunt is as good as a hit!

Tim
Post #: 1
RE: Updates? - 12/12/2006 4:48:13 AM   
timtellean1

Welcome back and 2007 is great. You can download 1.41 and that incorporates all other updates. 
take a look at Shaun's list for '08 the future is bright for PS owners.
Shaun's release of code for modders only brightens the future.

(in reply to enginepainter)
Post #: 2
RE: Updates? - 12/12/2006 6:00:51 AM   
enginepainter

Thanks for the reply Tim, I appreciate it much. Yes, I have been reading all of the past forum entries and see that he as released the code for modders. That is great and like I said before, it doesn't surprise me. While OOTP(I downloaded and played the demo) seems to becoming another soccer sim (too much to deal with) this sim continues to be the real true american baseball sim and does not try to overwhelm the user with unneeded window dressing.
I have also been following the developments of the 2008 version and like what I see, as long as it doesn't become overglutted with nonessentials. And I don't see that happening at this point. What I enjoyed about this sim has been stated by others. It is easy to jump right in and start playing the game without having to read 300 pages of instructions. You can pretty much make it anything you want it to be without a lot of trouble. I am a fan of the 40, 50 and 60's baseball eras and with the third party addins as well as the Lahman addin this is very easy to set up and play these years. The new, well new to me, ball flight addition is great, also the sounds now make it feel like the real thing. I like to manage every game and for me it is very simple to do with this sim and it is believable. The only thing I would ever hope to see from this sim is something akin to the old Broadcast Blast that I used to love to play. For those of you who have never heard of it, it broadcasted the game in real time as you played using a real announcer to read the play by play. It was great. I still have it and sometimes will dig it out and play it. If you let it play itself and you lie back and listen it is just like listening to a real broadcast on the radio. I would love to see that happen here but I am sure that it something that will probably never happen, however the current sounds are a great touch to the game I used to play here before and are almost as good.
Anyway, I am rambling on again. Sorry. You will have to get used to that from me.
Thanks again Tim for the welcome back, it is good to be back and for the answer to my question. And it's good just to be able to be able to play the sim again.

A bunt is as good as a hit!

Tim

(in reply to timtellean1)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Updates? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI