Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

FtF EiA House Leaders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> FtF EiA House Leaders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FtF EiA House Leaders - 11/26/2006 10:20:32 PM   
Murat

Our group used to have a "personal leader" option that we did where you would get a "D" leader for your nation and roll a d6/2 (so 1-3) for each stat and then a d6 with a 6 getting a cav star. Made for a personal element in the game and never really killed the game balance.
Post #: 1
RE: FtF EiA House Leaders - 11/27/2006 4:33:27 AM   
Joisey

Sounds good.  If we ever get a scenario editor , players could implement this option.

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 2
RE: FtF EiA House Leaders - 11/27/2006 10:10:00 AM   
Norden_slith

Yes, sounds like a good idea. As this generic leader might be far (3.3.3. cav) better then some named ones, perhaps one should be able to buy him. Something like 10$ and waiting for a year. If he dies or sacked, you could by a new one.

Norden

Norden
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hexagonally challenged

(in reply to Joisey)
Post #: 3
RE: FtF EiA House Leaders - 12/14/2006 4:10:21 PM   
iamspamus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

Our group used to have a "personal leader" option that we did where you would get a "D" leader for your nation and roll a d6/2 (so 1-3) for each stat and then a d6 with a 6 getting a cav star. Made for a personal element in the game and never really killed the game balance.

This is close to ours. We rolled 4 rolls. On the first 3 (strat/tact/size) a d6 roll with 1-5 being the available stats (each 6 was a reroll). On the fourth roll a 6 gave you a cav leader. I loved it. Even fighting the d@mn 555*D British leader...sigh. It was great.

Jason

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 4
RE: FtF EiA House Leaders - 12/14/2006 6:48:19 PM   
mazian

Bonus leaders should be bid for, just like countries. Create a pool of 7 leaders with stats ranging from 1 to 3 and settle it just like country bidding.

(in reply to iamspamus)
Post #: 5
RE: FtF EiA House Leaders - 12/14/2006 10:34:15 PM   
morvwilson

One of the reasons for the abundance of FR leaders is that the French army of the time was the only army in Europe which promoted men based on ability.
Every other armies officer corp bought their rank. It was pure luck when quality men like Wellington, Kutusov or Blucher were able to get command!
This I think was one of the reasons that WWI ended up so bloody, the basic competance of the officer corps did not advance along with the weapons. How else do you explain Archduke Franz Ferdinand advanced to the rank of Major of Hussars at the age of 25 during peace time?(note this was prior to him being named as heir to the thrown)

(in reply to mazian)
Post #: 6
RE: FtF EiA House Leaders - 12/15/2006 11:14:46 AM   
Grand_Armee

I like the idea of rolling for new leaders.  Works great if yours get killed or whatever.  Don't think you should be able to buy a quality general...that takes the uncertainty out of it.

It's like when you send your kid off to college.  There's no guarantee that that college education will amount to anything.

(in reply to morvwilson)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> FtF EiA House Leaders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI