Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Play Action Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Play Action Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Play Action Bug - 12/16/2006 7:25:02 AM   
mark1726

Tinkering around with the latest relase 1.3.120 I am having a problem with play action.

The QB will execute the fake hand off, but will throw on the run no matter what I do with the next point. I put a "wait for 1.5 seconds" at the next action point then a pass (either timed or read, doesn't matter). When the QB gets to that action point he ignores the wait command and always throws on the run or even forgets the pass altogether and runs to the endzone.

I tried putting in a "drop back to point" command after the fake handoff instead of the "move to" command, but when the QB drops back to the next point he just sits there and does not trie to pass or run and is stuck in his drop back animation.

The play action as of now works only with the QB throwing on the run after executing the fake handoff. This hurts their accuracy, I would like them to be able to set their feet first then throw.

"Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it." - Harry Truman
Post #: 1
RE: Play Action Bug - 12/16/2006 8:03:49 AM   
Deft

Drop back only works as the first command followed by a pass command at the next node.  Move commands are required for multiple node QB moves.  One thing you can do is move the QB to another node and pass from there.

(in reply to mark1726)
Post #: 2
RE: Play Action Bug - 12/16/2006 4:44:22 PM   
mark1726

Yes, you can keep "moving" from node to node to simulate a wait time. However it seems like you should be able to move to next point, then at that next point do a wait command to set your feet then do a pass.

As you know QB accuracy is much lower on the run hence my desire to have them set their feet first before throwing. I don't beleive the inabilty to process a wait command for the qb after a preceding "move to next point" command was a concious design decision.

All my other pass plays work as planned, I would just like to see PA work better.

"Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it." - Harry Truman

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 3
RE: Play Action Bug - 12/16/2006 6:36:20 PM   
1GFRover

Mark1726,
I'm experiencing the same Play Action bug... I thought it was a problem with the "timing" option I gave the QB, but it seems like it doesn't matter if I use Timing (lob or bullet) or Read.

Core version: 1.2.130
Db: 1.0.138

Always keep one eye on the sky - the Air Force is coming!

(in reply to mark1726)
Post #: 4
RE: Play Action Bug - 12/16/2006 7:14:59 PM   
Marauders

If the quarterback gives a FAKE TO: and stays in the same spot to PASS:, he will not throw on the run.

If he uses a MOVE TO: command after the FAKE TO:, he will throw on the run.

At this time, the quarterback cannot DROP BACK and then DROP BACK again and PASS:.

The WAIT FOR: command does not look to be working correctly.

(in reply to 1GFRover)
Post #: 5
RE: Play Action Bug - 12/17/2006 1:57:12 AM   
mark1726

You can use a WAIT FOR command in the same spot as the fake handoff. After the wait for command you can then do a pass read or timed pass command. The key to getting it to work right however is to have another point made after the fake handoff point even though you don't use it (no move to next point logic command).

I know this sounds strange, but this is what I found today after much testing. Basically I was able to get the PA to seemingly work by having the fake/wait for/pass logic command all on the same point then another unused point after that. The only thing I am not confident on is whether the QB is actually executing the fake in this situation since I don't see the animation.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Play Action Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI