Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply inconsistency

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Supply inconsistency Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply inconsistency - 12/16/2006 2:52:49 PM   
steveuk

I have noticed some inconsistency with supply wagons.
The selected supply wagon is unable to supply any of the units marked by the red circles yet the supply wagon marked with a red circle was able to?
A few times I have noticed this and even on occasion when a supply wagon has been ajacent to a unit, it has not been able to supply it.

Before you ask....yes the units did need supply and the supply wagon was under CC.

Any idea's?

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

It is well that war is so terrible; else we would grow too fond of it.
Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)
Post #: 1
RE: Supply inconsistency - 12/16/2006 3:27:06 PM   
Hard Sarge

well for that shot at least, the rain is cutting the supply range down

maybe we can ask for a highlight for the supply range on the wagons ???

(in reply to steveuk)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply inconsistency - 12/16/2006 5:17:40 PM   
steveuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

well for that shot at least, the rain is cutting the supply range down

maybe we can ask for a highlight for the supply range on the wagons ???

Thats what I thought initially but the other supply wagon is further away and still manages to supply?

Good idea about the supply range highlight.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply inconsistency - 12/16/2006 9:50:07 PM   
Joram

The other possible reason is because I've noticed that the default supply wagon you get has a much shorter movement range than the "bonus" wagons you get. The bonus wagons being the ones you get because the armies logistical staff is good. So that may be why the closer wagon couldn't supply because it looks like it's the default wagon.

(in reply to steveuk)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply inconsistency - 12/17/2006 12:19:10 AM   
steveuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

The other possible reason is because I've noticed that the default supply wagon you get has a much shorter movement range than the "bonus" wagons you get. The bonus wagons being the ones you get because the armies logistical staff is good. So that may be why the closer wagon couldn't supply because it looks like it's the default wagon.

Well the wagon in question had been supplying the northern units from the beginning of the battle without problem. Maybe the fact that it is the 'spare' plus the rain caused the lack of supply.........any comments from the design team on this?

Thanks Joram for the idea....I will pay closer attention to supply abnormalities from now on to see if it is the spare that has the problems although as I said in my original post.......sometimes even when ajacent to units I have found I cannot supply them.

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply inconsistency - 12/17/2006 6:58:21 AM   
Malagant

From my experiences it seems that in order for a wagon to provide supply to a unit, it must have enough movement points to get to that unit's hex.

The highlighted wagon only has 6 "movement points" left.

Wait a turn or two for it to get some movement points up, and it will be able to supply farther.

Maybe since the other wagon is part of the AoP, it's getting a movement or quality benefit from a leader?

"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"

(in reply to steveuk)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply inconsistency - 12/17/2006 9:01:55 PM   
ericbabe

You'll notice that the red-circled supply caisson is the Army of the Potomac, whereas the blue-circled supply caisson has no name under it and thus is not part of any military group.  The caisson in the Army of the Potomac receives movement bonuses from that military group's commanding general and also bonuses from that group's Command Staff rating.  In the screen snapshot you supplied, the blue-circled wagon doesn't have enough movement points to reach the units you've circled.  Presumably the other caisson -- with the aforementioned bonuses -- does have enough movement points to do so.

(in reply to Malagant)
Post #: 7
RE: Supply inconsistency - 12/18/2006 2:11:18 AM   
steveuk

Thanks for your help Eric & Malagant.  I did not realise the AOP supply wagon got the commanding generals bonuses.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 8
RE: Supply inconsistency - 12/18/2006 2:51:26 AM   
Joram

Ahhh, that's why the default caisson is always so poor, it never has any bonuses.  I knew there was a difference, I just never realized why.  Sometimes when I have a lot of generals, I'll put one that has a movement bonus on the caisson to help with the resupply range.

(in reply to steveuk)
Post #: 9
RE: Supply inconsistency - 12/18/2006 6:48:37 AM   
Malagant

That's a good idea!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

Ahhh, that's why the default caisson is always so poor, it never has any bonuses.  I knew there was a difference, I just never realized why.  Sometimes when I have a lot of generals, I'll put one that has a movement bonus on the caisson to help with the resupply range.

"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Supply inconsistency Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI