Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/16/2006 8:11:46 PM   
boggyjr

I was really excited to see the new beta patch come out (1.3.120), and hoped it would fix a lot of things...

Sadly, it didn't.

1 - The bug with the Kick Returner having no name is still there. Apparently, every person who returns a punt or kick has the last name as "/r"

2 - GLARING PROBLEM, The game keeps crashing during the simulated training camp. I tried to start up my XFL and 1972 NFL Leagues, and both crashed at the very end of the first phase of simming training camp. I had to restart my computer both times.

3 - The statistical bugs that have plagued this game since the beginning are still here. See if you can find any unusual things about some of the QB's stats...

I still enjoy playing Maximum Football, but seeing how I can't get the majority of my leagues into the first week of the regular season, I'm a bit disappointed with beta patch 1.3.120

Post #: 1
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/16/2006 9:00:21 PM   
Tullius

quote:

2 - GLARING PROBLEM, The game keeps crashing during the simulated training camp. I tried to start up my XFL and 1972 NFL Leagues, and both crashed at the very end of the first phase of simming training camp. I had to restart my computer both times.

Sorry, but i am running a test league and i am now in the 5th season. There must be something wrong with your league files so i suggest you send them to David Winter. I had the crash only when i did not use North American language settings. This must be not the cause for your problem but i have never experienced the crash since then.

The LTD bug is still in the game.

< Message edited by Tullius -- 12/16/2006 9:13:39 PM >

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 2
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/16/2006 9:30:08 PM   
boggyjr

wow... I didn't even know the LTD bug before.....lol

I was talking about general stats bugs. Look at Hirshburgs season stats for passing...

9-36, 673 Yards, 11 TD's...

Last time I checked, it is impossible to throw 11 TD Passes if you've only completed 9 passes all season...lol

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 3
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/16/2006 10:36:23 PM   
local8h

Yeah i have the same problem with some stats most noticeable the LTD category, But i did not reset the league as suggested after patching it with the new Beta patch.

Mr. Winters can you fix my file? cause i dont want to reset it for ive already build up 3 seasons on it. But in reality i can live with it

< Message edited by local8h -- 12/16/2006 10:46:39 PM >

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 4
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/16/2006 10:38:05 PM   
Marauders

boggy,

Thanks for the post. 

I know David has the stats stuff on his to-do list, but he has not gone through them all yet. Beta releases usually clean up a few things at a time, so one cannot expect all of the things mentioned in the beta threads to be updated with each build. 

There is something obviously wrong here, so it good that you brought it up again.  It is worthwhile to keep an eye on it for a few builds.

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 5
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/17/2006 12:23:25 AM   
boggyjr

Never Seen this many QB's on one team in my life!

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/17/2006 2:25:37 AM   
David Winter

What team profile are you using?

It looks like you have started a season and have not been through training camp yet. Your roster would be reduced down to the correct size post-training camp.

< Message edited by David Winter -- 12/17/2006 2:34:22 AM >

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 7
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/17/2006 2:27:06 AM   
boggyjr

I actually don't know. That wasn't a human controlled team, and I haven't used the random team profile generator that came out a few months ago...

Where do you go to check this???

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 8
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/17/2006 2:28:50 AM   
David Winter

Team profile is one of the views on the team page. It replaced the draft profile. If it's a computer controlled team, it's likely that you have not processed the training camp yet and the computer hasn't trimmed down the team.

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 9
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/17/2006 2:29:45 AM   
David Winter

Check out page 28 of the manual for information on team profile.

Post #: 10
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/17/2006 2:31:27 AM   
boggyjr

Oh, darn! Forgot to say that!

I just thought it was weird to see about 20 QB's compared to the rest of the positions which only had about 4-5 players for each. Must be a ratio bug then...

Post #: 11
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/17/2006 2:41:55 AM   
David Winter

Ohh.. that's different. If you're getting more QB's than other positions, that's likely a problem with the stock 53 man team profile. Easy enough to fix. Still, I believe other users have generated a number of various 53 man team profiles all ready, so perhaps some of them can share ?

quote:

I was really excited to see the new beta patch come out (1.3.120), and hoped it would fix a lot of things...
Sadly, it didn't.

I've noticed that Mauraders has already commented on this, but I should mention something as well. He's correct in that during the process of testing, the beta releases will not fix everything that was reported with the very next release. Once a critical mass of bugs has been fixed, I send out a release.

Also, bugs are reported the day before a release is sent out, will not be fixed with that release. There is a turn around time of a few days from the time I send a build to Matrix for distribution, to the time you see it. So bugs reported in that span of time, will not be fixed in that build.

Thanks
David

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 12
RE: Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... - 12/19/2006 6:18:12 AM   
IandMe

quote:

1 - The bug with the Kick Returner having no name is still there. Apparently, every person who returns a punt or kick has the last name as "/r"

I have noticed this on the quick sim.It goes something like kickoff to /r..there was no return on the play.Immediatly afterwards a players name will be shown along with the return yardage.

< Message edited by IandMe -- 12/19/2006 6:28:08 AM >

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Noticing A Lot Of New Bugs... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI