Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PureSim 2007 v1.50 (Official Patch)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> PureSim 2007 v1.50 (Official Patch) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PureSim 2007 v1.50 (Official Patch) - 12/16/2006 8:51:19 PM   
puresimmer

The longest patch beta in modern software history is coming to a close :) The 1.50 official patch is in final testing and should be released in the next few days (barring anything catastrophic).

I just went through the cumulative list of New Features, Tweaks, and Fixes added since the last official release (1.20) and it is pretty impressive. This thing could almost be called a new version! Check this out:

* 21 New Features
* 34 Tweaks
* 51 Bug Fixes

For those interested, these are the fixes made since the last public beta (1.42):

- Fix: Fixed floating point calculation error when importing certain pitchers with an extremely low amount
of real life appearances causing them to be rated much too high (Typically "Stuff" was where the
overflow was happening) This led to certain really horrible players like George Curry (1911) and
Jim Cosman (1970) to end up being used way too much, while at the same time performing HORRIBLY
throwing league stats and ratings way out of whack in some cases. Since PureSim's ratings are
percentile-based, this had a pervasive impact on the entire ratings curve in the league.

This was even more extreme when using the "[x] Import players prior to their major league debut"
option.

They are now properly rated and will spend their rightful place in the minors or on the bench :)

- Fix: In rare cases if a player on a human-owned team received a career-ending injury when simming multiple games
the human owner would be notified that his roster needed to be fixed and the game would then crash or freeze
up on the modify roster screen.

- Fix: Fixed a number of bugs in the expansion draft and the subsequent report displayed after the expansion draft,
where the actual report did not properly report on the previous team in all cases

- Fix: In the expansion draft, it was possible for a team to lose a player to the draft that didn't actually sign to one of
the expansion teams

- Fix: Rare case in the expansion draft where not all new expansion teams actually made picks.

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: PureSim 2007 v1.50 (Official Patch) - 12/16/2006 9:05:04 PM   
Hitandrun

Yea! Christmas comes early this year!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: PureSim 2007 v1.50 (Official Patch) - 12/16/2006 10:30:03 PM   
KG Erwin

Wonderful news. That pitcher import error was an association killer for some players, so I'm happy for them.

It's great for me, as I'm on vacation for ten days, starting the 23rd.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: PureSim 2007 v1.50 (Official Patch) - 12/17/2006 6:25:03 PM   
motnahp

Wow, that was some great troubleshooting & repair. I'm sure that wherever Jim Cosman is, he was glad to be of indirect service. Watch out, though. Calling him "horrible" might prompt him to seek damages or royalty checks

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: PureSim 2007 v1.50 (Official Patch) - 12/18/2006 5:01:59 AM   
VanScoy

Not to push, Shaun, but about when can we expect this long-awaited and wonderfully comprehensive patch?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: PureSim 2007 v1.50 (Official Patch) - 12/18/2006 6:01:49 AM   
BryanK

Not sure where to post this -- and it's really a minor point -- but "Yale" and "Yale University" are listed as separate schools in the XML for determining a player's college. I'm pretty sure it's the same place...

(in reply to VanScoy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> PureSim 2007 v1.50 (Official Patch) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI