Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will Cross of Iron have...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Will Cross of Iron have... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will Cross of Iron have... - 12/18/2006 3:43:41 PM   
berto72

Hi to all CC community, and really thanks to Matrix for Cross of Iron and to CSO, that along those years worked hard between difficulties to give us a superb support server.(but where are finish cso Mzone players ?)
Very happy to see CC3 survided as its own time not only as a great classic but as a game unique in its kind, decide to exchange some think about this re-relase (surely not in the best english)
Im Berto ’72, this is my 8 years as cc3 net player (mainly Real Red & West Front, battle or 3 days ops), about 1-2 conn. at week (Mzone, now Gspy).Some other questions in my mind are:

Will Coi improve custom scen management (i.e. with sub-directory)? I collected lot of customs for differents mods, and have all in a dir with – 0 # @ before name, making me crazy.

Will Coi editor be full free deploy (as free deploy tool)?

In multiple days Operation in same map, often computer re-assign west stripe to German deploy and est side to Russian deploy, even “cleaned” by enemy troops moved along border day before.
Will Coi fix this?

Will Coi doc have “armour units apparence”, very useful to make balanced scen and choose side in net game ?
(As this I found for real red:
Summer ’41
GERMAN: pzIIIH, StugIIIC, PzIVD, Pz38t, Pz35t, Pz I/II and command version
RUSSIAN: OT133, T34/40, Kv1/41, T28E, KV39, KV2, T26, 152mm Art. gun
Fall ’41
GERMAN: flamingo
RUSSIAN: 85mm AA gun, T70, KV1/41 & T34 command tank
Etc.)

In Englander mod I saw an unit of new concept: StugIIIg & Pzgrens tank riders :
“this armoured assault gun is accompanied by some panzer grenadiers who enjoy some protection from the vehicle though are vulnerable to mortar fire. Use in assault of enemy position.”
Will CoI include similar units ?

Ambient sounds – me and other long time players thinks background explosions and muzzle make game very immersive, but less playable.
Infact sounds are very important do detect type and position of hidden mortars, guns and tanks, or focus to a tank in danger when hear shell bounce, and those “out action” sounds draw attention and deconcentrate.
Someone could suggest that they simulate chaos of battle. Ok, why sometime don’t play blind few minutes to simulate close granate explosion?
I think explosions and muzzle in background could be good only at low volume or anyway clearly heared far as “out of operation zone”.
Will Coi tanks still move silent?

I like CC3 because (as most) after this game any other game is only nice 3D to see, and because ( as most…) time to dedicate at play is always less (’80 of pacman are gone, and gamers of XXI century have hard work, wife, kids…)
With CC3 20min. is enough for relax battle or 1 hour for a more tactic ops.
In all this time, due to rarity roster and points system, plus a simply editor, never find a battle boring, in same scen or map too (right, alternated a bit). And a map become new just change VL or deploy position.
My opinion (repeat opinion) is with rarity/points ALL tanks version and troops are needed and ALL units are really used. That’s give players to shift points and make a battlegroup based on own style and fight behaviour, but never with same units. Less storic? I think more funny.
In CC4/5 battle, slot for slot, why use scout if pzgranadiers available? In CC3 if 10 points left, why don’t try scout covert ops or get bazooka team? Or why don’t get better tank? Or why don’t choose elite team instead regular? Or why…..

Last but not less, points system is an immediate help as a comparation table for newby and new mods players, giving a clear idea of units overall performance and making game incredible deep but full accessible at same time for anyone.
I tried CC4/5 battle but found too “tactical narrow”, while cc5 players tryed cc3 battle tells it’s more smart and wide. But im agree with them that cc5 GC is better.
I hope next cc generation will integrate those system to be great at any level, tactical (battle, ops) and strategic (campaign), and increase difficult (as co-operation) with 2vs2 mode.

I respect any other opinion, and wish good hunt at all CC community.

Berto’72
Post #: 1
RE: Will Cross of Iron have... - 12/19/2006 12:42:31 AM   
Randall Grubb

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto72

Hi to all CC community, and really thanks to Matrix for Cross of Iron and to CSO, that along those years worked hard between difficulties to give us a superb support server.(but where are finish cso Mzone players ?)
Very happy to see CC3 survided as its own time not only as a great classic but as a game unique in its kind, decide to exchange some think about this re-relase (surely not in the best english)
Im Berto ’72, this is my 8 years as cc3 net player (mainly Real Red & West Front, battle or 3 days ops), about 1-2 conn. at week (Mzone, now Gspy).

CoI comes with a new game center - Close Combat Battle Hq. Well, not new so much as one with a CoI lobby and unique skin. It was used in testing and should become quite popular.

quote:

Some other questions in my mind are:

Will Coi improve custom scen management (i.e. with sub-directory)? I collected lot of customs for differents mods, and have all in a dir with – 0 # @ before name, making me crazy.

CoI's ModSwap utility, that also come with the game, is easy to use and much more reliable than the old configuration managers. Any existing plugin for CC3 can be easily converted to work with ModSwap. You can use sub directory folders in the ModSwap plugin folder.

quote:

Will Coi editor be full free deploy (as free deploy tool)?

That part of the code was not changed, but Sgt. Wilson's Free Deploy tool still works with CoI, so people can mod the battle deployments to their hearts content.

quote:

In multiple days Operation in same map, often computer re-assign west stripe to German deploy and est side to Russian deploy, even “cleaned” by enemy troops moved along border day before.
Will Coi fix this?

For battles moddified with Free Deploy? Nope. As above, that part of the code was not changed. However, it could possibly be changed, fixed, patched or whatever at a later date. The Simtek programmers have full plates right now with other projects.

quote:

Will Coi doc have “armour units apparence”, very useful to make balanced scen and choose side in net game ?
(As this I found for real red:
Summer ’41
GERMAN: pzIIIH, StugIIIC, PzIVD, Pz38t, Pz35t, Pz I/II and command version
RUSSIAN: OT133, T34/40, Kv1/41, T28E, KV39, KV2, T26, 152mm Art. gun
Fall ’41
GERMAN: flamingo
RUSSIAN: 85mm AA gun, T70, KV1/41 & T34 command tank
Etc.)

There is an Excel workbook that will be made available in the Downloads link from CoI's Command Centre screen. If you have happend to see any of the data workbooks for other CC games and mods on the CSO forums, you will have seen that these workbooks contain all the full descriptions of each data\base file column for each of the files, charts of all the tables used in coding or calulations and more. The workbook has spreadsheets for unit availability by each season. One doesn't have to have Microsoft's Excel to use or view the workbook. Open Office, a freeware application, works with it just fine.

quote:

In Englander mod I saw an unit of new concept: StugIIIg & Pzgrens tank riders :
“this armoured assault gun is accompanied by some panzer grenadiers who enjoy some protection from the vehicle though are vulnerable to mortar fire. Use in assault of enemy position.”
Will CoI include similar units ?

No, that wasn't part of the data sets CoI is based on. You can mod CoI to use that if you want.

quote:

Ambient sounds – me and other long time players thinks background explosions and muzzle make game very immersive, but less playable.
Infact sounds are very important do detect type and position of hidden mortars, guns and tanks, or focus to a tank in danger when hear shell bounce, and those “out action” sounds draw attention and deconcentrate.
Someone could suggest that they simulate chaos of battle. Ok, why sometime don’t play blind few minutes to simulate close granate explosion?
I think explosions and muzzle in background could be good only at low volume or anyway clearly heared far as “out of operation zone”.
Will Coi tanks still move silent?

Hummm, yes, basically. A new sound file is used with many improved sounds over the original, but the only thing I was able to convince Sound guy to do was to kill that frickin' barking dog. One feature that was added is a sound volume slider in the Options window. You can turn the game volume down to a whisper or rock the neighborhood with battle sounds.

quote:

I like CC3 because (as most) after this game any other game is only nice 3D to see, and because ( as most…) time to dedicate at play is always less (’80 of pacman are gone, and gamers of XXI century have hard work, wife, kids…)
With CC3 20min. is enough for relax battle or 1 hour for a more tactic ops.
In all this time, due to rarity roster and points system, plus a simply editor, never find a battle boring, in same scen or map too (right, alternated a bit). And a map become new just change VL or deploy position.
My opinion (repeat opinion) is with rarity/points ALL tanks version and troops are needed and ALL units are really used. That’s give players to shift points and make a battlegroup based on own style and fight behaviour, but never with same units. Less storic? I think more funny.
In CC4/5 battle, slot for slot, why use scout if pzgranadiers available? In CC3 if 10 points left, why don’t try scout covert ops or get bazooka team? Or why don’t get better tank? Or why don’t choose elite team instead regular? Or why…..

Last but not less, points system is an immediate help as a comparation table for newby and new mods players, giving a clear idea of units overall performance and making game incredible deep but full accessible at same time for anyone.
I tried CC4/5 battle but found too “tactical narrow”, while cc5 players tryed cc3 battle tells it’s more smart and wide. But im agree with them that cc5 GC is better.
I hope next cc generation will integrate those system to be great at any level, tactical (battle, ops) and strategic (campaign), and increase difficult (as co-operation) with 2vs2 mode.

Well, Simtek already has military training versions of CC not available to the public that can have up to 5 vs 5. That may continue in future games we are working on, but not in the CC2, CC4 or CC5 re-releases. It ain't easy trying to get 10 guys lined up for any battle, however, even with a world of players! But I can assure you that a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 1 battle can be exciting, especially if you are the 1 player.

quote:

I respect any other opinion, and wish good hunt at all CC community.

Berto’72

Same here. I hope you enjoy CoI and let the modding continue!

< Message edited by Senior Drill -- 12/19/2006 1:02:32 AM >

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to berto72)
Post #: 2
RE: Will Cross of Iron have... - 12/19/2006 5:25:39 AM   
LitFuel

Bring back the dog!, Bring back the dog! , bring back the dog!! ...

(in reply to Randall Grubb)
Post #: 3
RE: Will Cross of Iron have... - 12/20/2006 3:19:19 AM   
7A_CavScout

quote:

A new sound file is used with many improved sounds over the original, but the only thing I was able to convince Sound guy to do was to kill that frickin' barking dog.

Could be worse, could have a cat in heat meowing instead.

< Message edited by 7A_CavScout -- 12/20/2006 3:29:10 AM >

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Will Cross of Iron have... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI