Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.3.120 saved game stats problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> 1.3.120 saved game stats problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.3.120 saved game stats problems - 12/17/2006 6:40:46 PM   
darrellb9

Still getting wildly inaccurate stats after saving/reloading and finishing games.

After 2 games as a team I've supposedly been penalized for 4500+ yds and my punter has punted for over 35000

I have also noticed that when viewing league stats that teams that have participated in a game that was saved and reloaded have a double zero displayed, '00', instead of a single zero '0' like teams who have not participated in a saved game have in stat categories that are zero.

This used to happen every saved/reloaded game but in 1.3.120 the first game I saved and reloaded the only stat problem I saw was that my punter had no returns or return yds against him which was innaccurate. The 2 teams involved also didn't have the '00' display problem as described above. The 2nd game I saved and loaded all the above problems occured.

David, I still have both saved games and league if you want me to send them to you.

Darrell

I'm playing US rules and the saved games were leagues games human vs computer.

Also forgot to mention that if you sim a week's games human controlled teams also are simmed, at one point there was an option to not sim human controlled games. It will pass over human controlled teams as it goes through the games but then will go ahead and simulate them at the end after all computer vs computer games are finished.

< Message edited by db99 -- 12/17/2006 7:35:59 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1.3.120 saved game stats problems - 12/17/2006 11:45:36 PM   
David Winter

Yes , please zip them up and send them to support@wintervalley.com You'll also need to send the league file for them as well, otherwise I can't test them. Saved games must match an unreset league file or the game won't open them.

I have tried as many combinations of saving and loading as I can think of and do not get results anything like these.

quote:

Also forgot to mention that if you sim a week's games human controlled teams also are simmed, at one point there was an option to not sim human controlled games. It will pass over human controlled teams as it goes through the games but then will go ahead and simulate them at the end after all computer vs computer games are finished.

I don't recall ever having that as an option. The idea behind siming groups of games was to set the game to sim a season and walk away. If only computer controlled teams were used, this would never happen. So if human controlled teams were being left out of the sim process, that was likely a bug in itself.

Thanks.
David

< Message edited by David Winter -- 12/18/2006 12:06:21 AM >

(in reply to darrellb9)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.3.120 saved game stats problems - 12/18/2006 6:46:16 AM   
darrellb9

quote:

I don't recall ever having that as an option. The idea behind siming groups of games was to set the game to sim a season and walk away. If only computer controlled teams were used, this would never happen. So if human controlled teams were being left out of the sim process, that was likely a bug in itself.

In one of the early patches you had, by request, added an option for simming a weeks games excepting games for human controlled teams. You had added it for people who play/coach one team and let the computer control the rest of the teams so they could sim all the games for a week and then come back and play the game for their team (or vice versa). As it is now (and was originally) you have to sim each game individually if you want to play out your team's game as choosing to sim a week sims all the weeks games. I've tried playing a game first thinking it would skip completed games but it simmed it right along with the rest.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.3.120 saved game stats problems - 12/18/2006 5:26:21 PM   
Albert18

"I've tried playing a game first thinking it would skip completed games but it simmed it right along with the rest."

Are you saying it replayed a completed game?

(in reply to darrellb9)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.3.120 saved game stats problems - 12/18/2006 5:38:45 PM   
darrellb9

quote:

Are you saying it replayed a completed game?

Yes, I had played out a game for my team and then simmed the week thinking it would skip my teams game and instead it replayed it. Not happy as I'd won coaching the game but when it simmed the game I ended up losing

(in reply to Albert18)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.3.120 saved game stats problems - 12/18/2006 11:37:21 PM   
David Winter

Hi.

I received your league file and saved games. I did notice that some stats are saved as 00 rather than just 0. And although I am not convinced that's making the difference, I have forced them to 0.

What I can't find is any stats in the '35000' range in the database. Nore can I find it displayed in any of the stat spreadsheets. The only thing I can think of is that during the process of creating the string to display on the screen, the spreadsheet is concatinating two strings rather than adding two numbers. So instead of adding two numeric values (350 + 00 = 350), the game is adding two text values ("350" + "00" = "35000").

So I've added some additional checks to the stats engine to check for numeric values as opposed to text values.

quote:

Yes, I had played out a game for my team and then simmed the week thinking it would skip my teams game and instead it replayed it. Not happy as I'd won coaching the game but when it simmed the game I ended up losing

I'm afraid I'm unable to reproduce this. If I quick sim one game of the week, then sim the rest of the week, the earlier game is not replayed. Maybe the process to make this happen is different than what I'm doing so if you can provide some step by steps to reproduce this, I can fix the problem. I've also asked the private testers to see if they can reproduce it as well.

Thanks
David

(in reply to darrellb9)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.3.120 saved game stats problems - 12/18/2006 11:56:07 PM   
darrellb9

I didn't actually check the database values so I imagine you're right about it being a display issue in the stats screen with concatenating 2 strings. The number 4500 would then be 45 yds which is about right for the penalties and the 35000 down to 350 would be a reasonable number for the 8 punts.

Simming a week issue. The difference between what you did and what I did would be that I played the game in coaching mode and then simmed the rest of the week at which point it re-simmed the game I had previously played out in coaching mode.

Thanks David.
Appreciate all your efforts and quick responses.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> 1.3.120 saved game stats problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI