Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 5:04:41 AM   
jonreb31

Starting out in the West.

The enemy Corps in Arkansas made a fruitless attack on Mephis which left over 3,500 casualties behind next to my 300 casualties. No doubt they are not going to try that again any time soon.

I made small contact with McClellan in the Tenn. River but it did not result in much.

The AOT is suffering from lack of supplies and low Disposition, Bad Weather and the beginning of Winter is also making it hard. However I am going to try and send the AOT on one more offensive against McClellan to see if we can get a proper battle going. If not, I'll send them back to Cumberland River to prepare for winter.

Due to the Corps in Arkansas I'm leaving Van Dorn's Division along with (Previously) Branch's division at Mephis to hold the river. This force adds up to about 17,000 men so it may actually be possible to counter-attack at some time if he doesn't retreat.

My Artillery Unit also finished this turn at Nashville so I'm sending that over to Ewell. I've upgraded the guns to Parrot Rifles which is almost equivalent to Ordnance rifles. It should prove very useful for the siege. However there is another Corps out there somewhere in Illinois who is without doubt heading towards Ewell, so I should be careful.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 6:00:57 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 271
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 5:10:47 AM   
jonreb31

Moving onto the East it's hard on what my decision should be. Winter has hit and the weather is extremely bad, however the ANV and AOP continue to stay in a deadlock. Lee at Parkersburg and the AOP, now under command of Gregg, at Grafton. Both armies match each other strength at approx 50,000 to 60,000 men. Then Jackson and a smaller Union Corps are at a deadlock in Kenawha which is my crucial and only supply line. Contact has been avoided here so far.

I need to keep open my supply line and also kick the AOP out of Virginia so I can prepare for Winter. I'm leaving Jackson where he is to defend my Supply Line while the ANV attacks Gregg's position. No doubt the AOP is in bad shape and is probably planning to retreat anyways.

If my attack is successful and the Union Army retreat back to Maryland I'll try and reform my army at Fredericksburg to make ready for Winter which has already arrived.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 6:01:35 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 272
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 5:17:42 AM   
jonreb31

My economy and diplomacy steadily improve. I can't wait to see my increase in income once I can turn off the supply of my Armies.

I have spent most of my Money and Weapons on upgrades but I have plenty of Labor and Horses to be spent.

I'm building another Corps container in Savannah which is needed for the AOT. My other Corps container unintentionally joined forces with the ANV and seems to be stuck there for the time being.

My Plantation finished in Savannah so I'm building a new Camp to increase reinforcements and two Arsenals to increase weapon production. That's it for this turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 273
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 5:21:03 AM   
jonreb31

That ends the turn. I have three upgrades this turn!

For Engineering I choose Fortification Techniques 2 which should give me a larger advantage in siege battles.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 5:38:09 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 274
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 5:21:56 AM   
jonreb31

For the Practice Upgrade I go with Skirimisher Training which I'm guessing will further decrease my casualties when being attacked.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 5:51:37 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 275
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 5:28:43 AM   
jonreb31

Finally for my Naval Upgrade I'm gong to skip it since there is nothing good, I'll try and get something better next turn.

I choose Johnston as my 2 star promotion. He is a good Division Commander in the ANV. To finally end the turn I set my raiders to steal weapons.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 6:02:56 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 276
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 6:35:17 AM   
jonreb31

Turn 28

Events 1/3

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 277
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 6:35:42 AM   
jonreb31

Events 2/3

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 278
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 6:37:50 AM   
jonreb31

Events 3/3

My siege in Frankfort continues to go badly. I have to pull it off.. it's too costly. The Union helped me out in this because the enemy Corps just arrived at Frankfort and kicked me out. Fortunately I didn't take too many casualties and actually did more to them before falling back to Bowling Green.

A small Union Division left behind at Parkersburg was pretty much slaughtered, I killed 4,000 men in the pursuit.

Moving on the Second Major Battle of the War at Grafton. I've caused humongous losses to the AOP who has now fallen back, tattered, to Cumberland. I'm starting to feel sorry for them boys in blue, I'll post the report next.

Battle was avoided at Kenawha again so that Union Corps is now trapped behind enemy lines. No doubt he is going to try and retreat over to Kentucky, I'm just hoping next turn Jackson gets a bite at him.

My raid failed and I finished a mint, not much for economy. A small disease also hit Savannah, it doesn't concern me.

My Diplomacy still continues steady and the USA loses further support with France.

Those new Governors are already starting to show their worth. Andrew MaGrath now support Logistical Research which increases it +5!

My Runners were successful and were able to grab some Money and Horses. I'm not sure why but there is absolutely nothing to grab at this turn.. too bad.

Three of my brigades were disbanded due to low strength .. unfortunate.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 6:54:04 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 279
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 6:50:42 AM   
jonreb31

Battle Report:

Another Major Battle resulting in a huge victory for the CSA. It was slaughter, I attacked the AOP at Grafton and took down 15,000 of them while only losing 2,000 of my men. This is complete slaughter and I almost feel sorry for those Union boys. The AOP is reduced to practically nothing, I even managed to capture a whole surrendering brigade of them. I managed to grab even more valuable weapons including Lorenz, Springfields, and Spencer Rifles. This not only keeps me up in the Weapon race, it steals them from the Union forcing them to buy more to replace them.

I gain yet more Rating and Experience Upgrade points, as do the Union. My National Will continues to grow while his continues to lower.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 7:33:14 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 280
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:03:43 AM   
jonreb31

Over to the West.

Things are rather interesting out here. The Union forces are highly split up and his territory is vulnerable. However, because of the Winter and the AOTs low disposition, I can't take advantage of it.

I was kicked out of Frankfort by one of the enemy Corps. A waste of men really.. oh well. I'm bringing these 18,000 boys back to Cumberland River to refit.

I'm leaving the AOT of 50,000 men in the Lower Tenn. River to take back Ft.Henry which is currently un-garrisoned, then I'll send them back to Cumberland River as well. This should cause some trouble.

Finally I'm sending the two divisions at Mephis of 19,000 men to counter-attack against the corps still sitting at Crowley's Ridge. Due to the bad weather I don't expect to get into a fight, but at least I can try and take the territory back.

Altogether in the West I have about 100,000 men (including infantry divisions helping out in garrisons). I'm guessing the Union has at least 80,000-100,000 men in the West, and they are greatly scattered.

I really need to reorganize my command structure over in the west, so hopefully the Winter will give me time to do that. I forgot about a Corps Container I built in Florida so I'm bringing that up to the AOT. Next I need to build another Academy so I can get some more promotions.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 7:37:53 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 281
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:09:33 AM   
jonreb31

In the East things have fallen into place. I've beat back the AOP causing huge casualties, refit my army with excellent commanders, weapons, disposition, supplies, quality and managed to take the Union city of Pittsburg. It's been a good long year and Winter is upon us.

When the AOP retreated the small Corps in Kenawha was left behind. Battle has been avoided for two turns but I'm leaving Jackson here in the hopes he can cause some damage before the Corps, undoubtedly, retreats. Whether he does any damage or not I'll then send Jackson's Corps over to Lynchburg for winter quarters.

I'm leaving the ANV in Grafton to retake the territory. After that I'll send them over to Fredericksburg for winter quarters. That's it. Even though the AOP has been demoralized it's winter and an offensive would be out of the question.

I have 40,000 men at Grafton under Lee and 25,000 men at Kenawha under Jackson. Altogether I have approx 70,000 men in the east. I'm guessing the Union has about 100,000 men in the east, believe it or not. Even though I have been winning major victories I have lost quite a bit of men to the silent killer: attrition. I have not been supplying my men well enough. I hope my numbers will inflate sooner than later. I have noticed several brigades coming in from the North reinforcing the AOP.. it seems the AOP will still outnumber me. However my men are in high spirits, gaining experience and excellent weapons. I just hope I don't lose anymore of my boys to lack of supplies and attrition.

Historically accurate I suppose. Even when the Union loses such huge battles they still manage to come back with more men on the field.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 7:49:25 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 282
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:14:37 AM   
jonreb31

Moving onto my economy. Once again my Diplomacy remains the same. However, as you can see, my economy really is making a leap. This is WITH all my armies in supply.. getting very good.

I need an Academy for new promotions so I'm spending most of my gold on one in Savannah.

Next in Galveston, Milledgeville and Tallahassee I'm building Plantations to further increase the economy and building spots.

I also start production of two mints in Nashville to increase money income.

Finally I'm going to attempt to Impress some Iron and Labor out of several of my cities. The danger ratios are rather low so I'm hoping for the best.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 7:26:40 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 283
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:15:12 AM   
jonreb31

Forgot to post one for last turn, but here's the overview:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 284
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:19:48 AM   
jonreb31

To end the turn I get the Ironclad Program upgrade which will help greatly when I start building up my fleet again.

I then set my raiders to raid the railroads to try and do as much damage as possible to the Union's only reliable way of transport.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 285
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 8:12:30 AM   
jonreb31

Turn 29

Events 1/3

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 286
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 8:13:07 AM   
jonreb31

Events 2/3

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 287
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 8:20:11 AM   
jonreb31

Events 3/3

I was successful in my recapture of Ft.Henry. I'm sending over a Garrison to man it.

It seems the ANV met up with some reinforcements taking out 2,000 of them including the surrender of a brigade.

My attack from Mephis into Arkansas was a failure however it is the Union who took more casualties.

Once again battle was avoided in Kenawha .. arg.

Most of my Impressments were a success however Knoxville went into unrest. It's not a huge deal, they weren't giving that many resources. However I have lost a lot of support from my governors so I have to be more careful. On the plus side I have gained a good amount of Labor.

My Sabotages of the Rail roads was a huge success. No doubt this has caused some disruption in whatever plans the Union have.

I also finished a Plantation in Selma and a Camp in Savannah.

A small garrison was hit by disease in Bayou. Better them than one of my armies.

Diplomacy is paying off at last. Eurrope has sent me 24 Iron and England Support has increased by 2.

My runners are going off to try and grab some Horses and Iron. I'm not sure why pickings are so short, my diplomacy is doing fine.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 8:55:36 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 288
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 8:39:22 AM   
jonreb31

Starting out in the West as usual.

I've captured Ft.Henry back and I'm now sending a Garrison over to man it. It seems the Union was kind enough and upgraded Attributes while I was away.

The AOT and Ewell are now reuniting at Cumberland River. The Corps Container has finally arrived and I have formed the 5th Corps of 50,000 men under Early. I also have another Corps Container coming up which will form the 6th Corps. There is no one fit for command quite yet. This Corps is at 21,000 men so far but once Van Dorn is done in Arkansas it will reach 38,000 men.

I did a lot of damage to the Corps I attacked in Arkansas. However, he managed to defeat me. This time however I am coming back with 30,000 men (Nearly twice as many as before) to hopefully defeat it. Once I get him out of Arkansas I'll send Van Dorn back over to the AOT and the "Mephis Division" back to it's rightful place.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 289
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 8:43:42 AM   
jonreb31

In the east I'm simply moving the ANV back over to Fredericksburg. We have been in the mountains too long, my boys deserve a rest. Although I have won great victories my strength has fallen due to the lack of supplies out in the mountains.

I'm leaving Jackson where he is for one more turn to try and engage that Corps in Kenawha.

The AOP seems to be growing rapidly. The Approx is already 80,000 men, and I'm beginning to believe it. To be on the safe side I have used up most of my resources to upgrade the ANV's weapons further. The majority of the ANV now has high-class weaponry such as Spencer Rifles and Springfields. All my batteries are now Ordnances as well.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 10:11:25 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 290
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 8:45:09 AM   
jonreb31

Overview:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 291
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 8:50:14 AM   
jonreb31

As usual my Economy and Diplomacy continues to grow grow grow.

To meet the request of my Governor in IL and increase my weaponry research I'm building an Armory in Baton Rouge. I'm also building a Camp and Mint here to further increase income and reinforcements.

That's it for now.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 9:02:11 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 292
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 8:53:59 AM   
jonreb31

That ends the turn.

I set one of my raiders to sabotage railroads. The other one I set to destroy supplies.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 9:21:20 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 293
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:37:27 PM   
jonreb31

Turn 30

Events 1/2

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 294
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:43:36 PM   
jonreb31

Events 2/2

Not the most eventful turn, but a turn nonetheless.

Once again battle was avoided in Kenawha. I give up on this Union force, I'm moving Jackson to Lynchburg.

My Counter-Attack into Arkansas resulted in a small victory. About 800 enemy casualties to my 300. However I managed to capture some Springfield rifles which is great.

My Raids were a success and I finished a new Mint.

My Runners were also successful and got me some more Iron and Horses. I'm sending them out to get some more Horses. I need them so I can start building more Camps.

Finally another brigade disbanded. I hope these stop soon, brigades disbanding is not good at all.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 295
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:45:55 PM   
jonreb31

In the West none of my units managed to move due to bad weather. I'm going to try and move them all again, hopefully more surely this time. The Union forces have failed to move at all themselves, probably for the same reason: Weather.

The enemy Corps in Arkansas has now retreated into Missouri. I'm going to keep up the pursuit to see if I can do further damage.

Nothing else really, I've been transferring around a lot of generals. Also I now have two Corps in the AOT which greatly helps.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 7:56:48 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 296
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:49:40 PM   
jonreb31

In the East things are getting nasty. The ANV also failed to move due to bad weather and they have a huge amount of trouble with supplies. It's going to hit my Economy hard but I have to increase supply priority and get them over to Fredericksburg ASAP. It would seem the AOP is splitting up for Winter Quarters and his forces continue to grow.

I'm moving Jackson away from Kenawha over to Lynchburg. Battle has been avoided here too many times so I have given up.

My army being stuck in the mountains, lack of supplies and bad weather is doing huge damage to my army. This is a bigger emergency than a 100,000 man Union army and I Need to get them out of there.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 8:38:02 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 297
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:50:52 PM   
jonreb31

Overview:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 298
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:56:51 PM   
jonreb31

My economy has gone down quite a bit since I have to supply the ANV better. However, once I get the ANV to safety my economy should be rolling again. Diplomacy still remains the same.

In Atlanta alone I'm building a Camp for reinforcements, an RR Station for transportation, an Arsenal for weapons and a Mint for money. That's it for this turn, I'm going to stockpile the rest of my resources.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 299
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/18/2006 7:57:46 PM   
jonreb31

I set my raiders to Destroy Supplies and that's it. The Weather has done more damage to the ANV than the Union army, I need to get them to safety fast.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/18/2006 8:32:22 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI