Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Injuries

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Injuries Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Injuries - 12/22/2006 2:22:08 PM   
Lucas718

Couple of things regarding injuries. I'm using 1.3.84 so I apologize if this has been changed in the recent update.

When a player is injured you have no way of knowing how long he will be out. It is initially displayed when the player gets injured but after that there is nothing to indicate how much longer he is going to be out.

There is no way to move an injured player onto the inactive list. One of my teams had their punter get injured, and since there was no way to tell how long he would be out and there was no way to move him to the inactive list, I had to cut him.

Also, I was looking through the database and found a table that seems to store news items. I found entries such as "Gilbert has recovered from injury" but there is no place to view this within the game.
Post #: 1
RE: Injuries - 12/22/2006 4:57:43 PM   
1GFRover

This bug is still in v.1.3.120.
I discovered that the injured player's first name is altered in the database and in the player view in-game screen.  This was the only indication I had of an injury after simming a game; I also found the same first name change after seeing an injury while "coaching" (my preferred method of play) a game.  After the game, I looked at the player and discovered his name was modified and included a couple of numbers.
I've also "discovered" the news list within the data files that you're referring to Lucas.  I'd imagine that this feature will be worked into the game - why else would the news list be out there.
As for moving players to / from the injured list or the inactive list... I ran into the same problem in 1.3.84, but I haven't had a major injury on my human controlled team - yet - so I couldn't say.

Once upon a time(’97-’98), I played FrontPageSports-Baseball in an online league, it had a news feature and would let you know about how long a player would be out because of injuries.  There was also a utility (outside of the game) that would allow for the creation / export of HTML files for this kind of injured news items, free agent signings and player cuts, retirements, etc...  It also allowed for the free agent pool, team rosters (including player skills), last week (or game) stats, season and career stats, and more.  This feature was awesome and essential to league play.  I know I'd spend hours scouring the stats and rosters (after I printed the html files from our website) tweaking my team. ...oh how I wish this feature would be added to Max-Football...call it my Christmas wish.

Always keep one eye on the sky - the Air Force is coming!

(in reply to Lucas718)
Post #: 2
RE: Injuries - 12/22/2006 5:12:43 PM   
Lucas718

I know what you mean.  I loved BBPro.  I really wish it would work in XP.

(in reply to 1GFRover)
Post #: 3
RE: Injuries - 12/22/2006 5:28:04 PM   
1GFRover

Tell me about it!!! I've tried and tried, and cried and cried because I can't get it to work in XP. 

Always keep one eye on the sky - the Air Force is coming!

(in reply to Lucas718)
Post #: 4
RE: Injuries - 12/23/2006 9:50:38 AM   
Magnum357

I have Baseball Pro 98 aswell and its still a great game.  This is just another reason why I prefer Windows 98 + 2k over XP anyday. 

XP may have some extra whistles to it, but Win98 takes up less resources on your computer and many games (especially old classic games that even new games can't beat) can easily run on the OS. 

(in reply to 1GFRover)
Post #: 5
RE: Injuries - 12/23/2006 7:35:11 PM   
Brockleigh

quote:

Also, I was looking through the database and found a table that seems to store news items. I found entries such as "Gilbert has recovered from injury" but there is no place to view this within the game.

Oh, Dave... dude. This has gotta find it's way into the game in one of the next couple of builds. This would be an ENORMOUS help.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Injuries Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI