Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fort Gettysburg

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Fort Gettysburg Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fort Gettysburg - 1/2/2007 4:56:42 AM   
General

I'm playing Gettysburg (Union side) and am adding my own new scenario.
I've turned the town into a fort. General Lee isn't happy. It's 5 pm on the first day and the rebs have the town surronded on 2 sides and it's the best A/I fighting I have ever seen. Please telegraph Meade and tell him to send more troops!!
Post #: 1
RE: Fort Gettysburg - 1/2/2007 7:55:28 AM   
rhondabrwn

That's an interesting approach! I'm sure the citizens of Gettysburg are thrilled that the Union Army thinks enough of them to turn their homes into a street fight.

Let us know how it all turns out.

Oh yea, General Meade said to tell you that Sickles the Incredible is on the way to help out, but warns that he has a craving for peaches which might be a bit of a distraction.

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to General)
Post #: 2
RE: Fort Gettysburg - 1/4/2007 3:59:51 AM   
General

I finished the first day and the Union still holds about 2/3 of the town. The A/I is unreal, I have never played the Battleground series with the A/I being so fierce. The rebs want that town!! Luckily, I put Meridith's troops on the west ( I think it is the west) side of town and they got hammered the most until they finnaly broke and ran. Culp's hill isn't going to get touched cause I put some of my troops on that flank and have driven the rebs back.
Yeppers Rhonda, I'm watching the peach orchard and have put what's left of my calvary there to see when the rebs are coming. I may let the Rebs get the round tops and see what they do.
Gettysburg itself is a disaster area. One can't walk down the streets without stepping on bodies, the houses have been raked with cannon and rifle fire. It's a real mess. I'm thinkin the residents are glad the major battle didn't actually occur in town.

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 3
RE: Fort Gettysburg - 1/6/2007 5:43:49 AM   
General

2nd day at 9 am.
Union forces have counterattacked and regained most of the town.
The left flank of the Rebs has been driven back.
The Union has so many troops that the Union left flank across from the round tops on seminary ridge is fortified with Union troops.
The Union cavalry plus a few hundred union troops are moving fast on the Union left flank engaging rebel troops at the top of the map.
The Rebs are poised to attack. They are positioned on and below seminary ridge above Gettysburg.

(in reply to General)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Fort Gettysburg Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI