Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Instant Battle Results

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Instant Battle Results Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Instant Battle Results - 1/5/2007 2:37:32 PM   
jack616

Has anybody else found the results of instant battles a bit out of whack? For example...playing as the usa, on easy level (still learning) my 80k+ army lead by Gen Lyons was attacked by a csa corps of approx 40k. I lost. And not only did I lose the province, but I lost 30k men. This was actually the third time it happended on instant battle...with 3 different generals. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Instant Battle Results - 1/5/2007 4:08:18 PM   
2gaulle

I found the same thing generally the instant battle are more bloodest
than the quick one. but I was also with the same kind of crazy result in quick battle, just finished one: CSA win with only 715 dead again 6372 for US; CSA was in attack I'm in normal setting

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jack616)
Post #: 2
RE: Instant Battle Results - 1/5/2007 10:31:51 PM   
Joram

There should be no difference between quick battles and instant battles as I believe they are resolved the same way.  Just instant battles are done behind the scenes.

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 3
RE: Instant Battle Results - 1/5/2007 10:39:45 PM   
2gaulle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

There should be no difference between quick battles and instant battles as I believe they are resolved the same way.  Just instant battles are done behind the scenes.

should be ....

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 4
RE: Instant Battle Results - 1/5/2007 10:51:38 PM   
Joram

Should be easily testible if you don't believe it.  Just take a save before a battle and choose instant battle.  Reload and then choose quick combat for the same battle.  Do this a few times to try to account for the random factors and then see how the results compare.  

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 5
RE: Instant Battle Results - 1/6/2007 6:39:35 PM   
jack616

Its not the difference between instant and quick battles that botheres me, but the fact that I can have the defensive ground, have brigades with top of the line weapons, have a good leadership, outnumber the enemy about 2 to 1, and not only lose, but get whipped, on a consistent basis.

I don't see why in a situation like that, I should lose 30k men....

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 6
RE: Instant Battle Results - 1/6/2007 7:32:34 PM   
Jakerson

USA takes beating very easily at start of the war because USA doesn’t have cavalry brigades mixed with infantry brigades like CSA. CSA have most of division at least one cavalry brigade with infantry brigades. Cavalry can make bad things in battle.

Also CSA have better armed troops at start of the war and they can buy weapons from Britain, France and Other Europe with money as well as use guns to improve. USA cant buy weapons until it improve relations with Britain, France and other Europe without improving relations to block CSA buying of foreign guns and getting USA right to buy foreign weapons its very hard to catch CSA weapon quality.

Even when Cavalry and weapon issue is solved then CSA still have better staff and generals witch means that USA still need lots of more troops to win battles than CSA.

But good point is that USA can take some beating and still recover by mustering lots of more brigades.

I think it’s important for stay pretty defensive at start and fill up border forts and cities with troops making them hard to fall and stay defensive and build up during 1862.

< Message edited by Jakerson -- 1/6/2007 7:44:22 PM >

(in reply to jack616)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Instant Battle Results Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI