Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating up and cooling down?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating up and cooling down? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating up a... - 1/15/2007 11:55:06 AM   
Ursa MAior

I just read an article of Dennis Avery and Fred Singer's theory of cyclic warming ups and cooling downs. As a historian to be I have learned about the mini ice age between 13th and 16th centuries, but I find odd to say that CO2 has nothin to do with global warming.

I accept that both of them are experts in their field, but I have seen respectful people writing books, explaining unexplainable things (not only in the communist era where sometimes even your family's future were at risk). IMHO this opinion is also a such "ordered" report.

What do you think?

Art by the amazing Dixie
Post #: 1
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/15/2007 12:36:53 PM   
Marc von Martial

This is something for the "Steakhouse" please.

http://www.madcowssteakhouse.com/

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 2
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/15/2007 12:49:37 PM   
Ursa MAior

If you say so.

Does this imply a zero tolerance towards even slightly political threads?

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 3
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/15/2007 1:14:31 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

If you say so.

More or less yes. But this very topic is know to get out of control easily. We have experience with that

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 4
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/15/2007 1:16:11 PM   
Ursa MAior

Then lock it please.

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 5
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/15/2007 7:05:29 PM   
Hertston

quote:

Just to say, before he does, that this policy really is pretty much by public demand. The Steakhouse is an excellent alternative for such things frequented by many of the same people.

Post #: 6
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/15/2007 7:26:34 PM   
Ursa MAior

Well it's not my fault that some people think of THAT no matter what the conversation is about if you know what I mean.

spelling corrected

< Message edited by Ursa MAior -- 1/15/2007 7:38:18 PM >

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 7
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/15/2007 7:44:13 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

As was likely mentioned to everyone when they were youths, there are two topics of discussion that can turn the best of intentioned folks against each other, PDQ, religion and politics.

I had an epiphany of sorts in this regard when I was thirteen. I was walking home from school with a dear friend named David. Somehow or another the topic turned to religion, and the prophet that I refer to as Jesus. David explained that he didn't believe in Jesus, as son of God. At first I was kind of dumb-founded, and sought clarification, which David was glad to provide. He didn't believe in Jesus. I became agitated and would likely have beaten him to a pulp were we not, genuine, best of friends. David, of course, was a Jew. I forgave him his trespass, and he forgave me, well, because he was David. He was also my first wargaming buddy.

Looking back, I realize how lucky I was for the encounter. It taught me not to assume that everyone shared my beliefs, and gave me an appreciation for things like separation of church and state in public institutions like schools.

As to what any of the above might have to do with the functioning of an internet game forum, I'll leave it to our readers to fill in the blanks.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

< Message edited by Prince of Eckmühl -- 1/15/2007 7:56:18 PM >

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 8
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/15/2007 8:07:42 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Insert the world "Global" and "Climate" in any topic, and you WILL get nastiness.

It's not a "possible" it's a sure thing.

You're wasting your time discussing some topics usually.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 9
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/16/2007 9:45:53 AM   
Ursa MAior

Ok then I'd change the thread's title to problems with teenagers.

What is a PDQ?

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 10
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/16/2007 11:00:53 AM   
Arkady

pretty darn quick

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 11
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/17/2007 11:17:36 AM   
a white rabbit

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

If you say so.

More or less yes. But this very topic is know to get out of control easily. We have experience with that

..yup, around about the point where some-one brings up the fact that some-one, maybe a so-called super-power, not a million miles from you refused to sign the Kyoto Accord, and subsequent protocols, prefering to go on polluting the planet..

..this is just an example of a point at which thread melt-down can occur, you understand, even when based on historical fact,..

..toodA, irmAb moAs'lyB 'exper'mentin'..,..beàn'tus all..?,

Post #: 12
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/17/2007 12:52:11 PM   
ravinhood

As my dad would have said about religion and politics: Which makes the better chicken sandwich? Tuna? or Fish? haha

(in reply to a white rabbit)
Post #: 13
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/17/2007 1:24:54 PM   
a white rabbit

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

As my dad would have said about religion and politics: Which makes the better chicken sandwich? Tuna? or Fish? haha

..oh please, don't mention fish, cos that involves a whole series of discussions, mostly leading to whose bum is sitting on whose equatorial rain forest...

..but get's there via a serious arguement concerning coral-reef pollution owing to run off from exposed hill-sides..

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 14
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/17/2007 2:29:43 PM   
robpost3

Tuna or fish...? River Dolphin would have made a great sandwich but alas....

The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.
"God Help us, and God, come yourself.
Don't send Jesus, this is no place for children."

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 15
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/17/2007 10:25:45 PM   
Sarge

Come on guys, we all know all it takes to close anything down is a Right veiw point

I bet I can get this thread shut down with a signal post.

Watch

quote:

ORIGINAL: a white rabbit

..yup, around about the point where some-one brings up the fact that some-one, maybe a so-called super-power, not a million miles from you refused to sign the Kyoto Accord, and subsequent protocols, prefering to go on polluting the planet..

..this is just an example of a point at which thread melt-down can occur, you understand, even when based on historical fact,..

Kyoto Accord ?

Wouldn’t that be the scam of buying and selling pollution credits. Were Russia and China are given pollution credits and America has no other alternative but to close down industry.
Including the loss of up to 900,000 jobs by 2010 to the European Nations buying emissions credits from Russia , it is also estimated the cost to the America economy could be as much as $397 billion annually in taxes and regulations alone.

America is responsible for 23.3 % of all co2 emissions according to the levels measured for the Kyoto Scam , so that leaves 76.7% of emissions are from other countries.

But the U.S. should foot the bill because we are the richest.

WTF was America thinking

(in reply to robpost3)
Post #: 16
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/18/2007 8:24:55 AM   
robpost3

Kyoto agreement...

shark fins and bear gall-bladder hmmm...Sexy!

The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.
"God Help us, and God, come yourself.
Don't send Jesus, this is no place for children."

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 17
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/18/2007 9:47:12 AM   
Harry Flashman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

Come on guys, we all know all it takes to close anything down is a Right veiw point

I bet I can get this thread shut down with a signal post.

Watch

You might be onto something...but here's how to shut down a thread in a forum filled with wargamers..

1. There's no way the South could have won the Civil War

2. RTS games are NOT wargames

3. Hexes are the ONLY way to do maps

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 18
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/18/2007 10:13:49 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

You mean if anyone mentions the word America?

Sh!t...I've done it now. I even bold - italicised it!!

I'm going to have all those right wing, left wing and liberals banging on my door!!

Alba gu' brath

Post #: 19
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/19/2007 4:26:30 PM   
a white rabbit

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

quote:

I'm going to have all those right wing, left wing and liberals banging on my door!!

..mmm, neither one nor t'other can handle facts..

..so, does anyone around here do "fresh-water fish" ? they're just not my thing, i can do the river edge, like 6 inches either way but after that, eughhh, it gets all slimey* ...

..* and or little water-beetley thingeys, and various forms of algae..

..sorry, got a war on here, and the ****s that put up on the net, just don't put out**, except, Kew gardens UK (plants, even boring grass types) and Zoltec (snakes)..

..**fieldmuseum.org, a US based institution, to mention just one total dick-head..

..sorry, can't seem to lose the bold face..merde..

< Message edited by a white rabbit -- 1/19/2007 4:39:37 PM >

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 20
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/19/2007 5:13:01 PM   
old man of the sea

quote:

quote:

Bang bang bang!

Come on lock this up before I get nasty.

Oh, waite, I'm not all that nasty, but global warming and CO2 go hand in hand, no matter what you pay some guy to write. Remeber all those "experts" that the tobbaco industry hired to say nicotine was NOT addictive and cigaretts were not bad for you? I smoke, and I know better than that. i'm an addict, you want me to share?

E (all in good humor)

"Point me to a 'civilised' part of the General Forum and I'll steer way clear of it." - Soddball

Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I never have been able to make out the numbers.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 21
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/19/2007 5:19:09 PM   
a white rabbit

quote:

ORIGINAL: old man of the sea

quote:

quote:

Bang bang bang!

Come on lock this up before I get nasty.

Oh, waite, I'm not all that nasty, but global warming and CO2 go hand in hand, no matter what you pay some guy to write. Remeber all those "experts" that the tobbaco industry hired to say nicotine was NOT addictive and cigaretts were not bad for you? I smoke, and I know better than that. i'm an addict, you want me to share?

E (all in good humor)

]..do you do* fish or other fresh-flowing water things ?

..* if not don't be a pain, i really do do need anorak fresh-water fish-people, or fresh-water squiggly things, or algae or....

..dammit, i still can't de-bold this thread, help anyone ?

< Message edited by a white rabbit -- 1/19/2007 5:33:47 PM >

(in reply to old man of the sea)
Post #: 22
RE: No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating ... - 1/19/2007 5:29:15 PM   
Erik Rutins

Locking this up to remove the ongoing temptation.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> No terminal global warming just a cycle of heating up and cooling down? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI