Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Balance Problem?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Balance Problem? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Balance Problem? - 1/19/2007 12:51:25 AM   
epicat

I've never won a game as The Union, nor lost as The South. I haven't come close either way. Is this just me? Have others had the same experience?

Epi

< Message edited by epicat -- 1/19/2007 1:04:11 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Balance Problem? - 1/19/2007 1:42:57 AM   
chris0827

quote:

ORIGINAL: epicat

I've never won a game as The Union, nor lost as The South. I haven't come close either way. Is this just me? Have others had the same experience?

Epi

I'm guessing you don't read the boards much. The south has been made far stronger than it was in the name of balance.

(in reply to epicat)
Post #: 2
RE: Balance Problem? - 1/19/2007 1:55:00 AM   
decaturkev

I find the power adjustments and difficulty level can counter player proficiency against the AI. I intend to more evaluation in player against player in terms of balance.

Private, CSA
Norfolk Light Artillery Blues

(in reply to chris0827)
Post #: 3
RE: Balance Problem? - 1/19/2007 2:31:42 AM   
epicat

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris0827

quote:

ORIGINAL: epicat

Epi

I'm guessing you don't read the boards much. The south has been made far stronger than it was in the name of balance.

You're right. I don't read the boards much.

(in reply to chris0827)
Post #: 4
RE: Balance Problem? - 1/19/2007 2:33:58 AM   
epicat

quote:

ORIGINAL: decaturkev

I find the power adjustments and difficulty level can counter player proficiency against the AI. I intend to more evaluation in player against player in terms of balance.

I'm having this problem in both PBEM, and games against the AI. I have been using the power adjustments some now, but only against the AI.

(in reply to decaturkev)
Post #: 5
RE: Balance Problem? - 1/19/2007 2:57:27 AM   
marecone

I never lost as Union. Captain level, advanced settings, all equal. July campaign.
Standard campaign is a bit harder for Union player but if you'll be patient, you will in it.

"I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue."

Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to epicat)
Post #: 6
RE: Balance Problem? - 1/19/2007 3:38:10 AM   
Gil R.

Epicat, you'll be glad to know that we are planning a more "historical" standard scenario as an alternative to our "balanced" one for our upcoming patch. That would make the Union stronger and the South weaker. But it is certainly possible to win as the Union. Have you toyed with the different power settings?

(in reply to marecone)
Post #: 7
RE: Balance Problem? - 1/19/2007 3:44:10 AM   
epicat

quote:

ORIGINAL: marecone

I never lost as Union. Captain level, advanced settings, all equal. July campaign.
Standard campaign is a bit harder for Union player but if you'll be patient, you will in it.

I'll keep trying. Thanks for giving an answer.

(in reply to marecone)
Post #: 8
RE: Balance Problem? - 1/19/2007 3:47:37 AM   
epicat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Epicat, you'll be glad to know that we are planning a more "historical" standard scenario as an alternative to our "balanced" one for our upcoming patch. That would make the Union stronger and the South weaker. But it is certainly possible to win as the Union. Have you toyed with the different power settings?

Your "balanced" scenario isn't too balanced for me. So I'll be glad to get the other one. Maybe the way I play is a little better for The South. Then you combine that with the "balanced" scenario, and it just messes things up for me.

I've just started adjusting the power settings.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Balance Problem? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI