Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Damaged countries disappeared

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Damaged countries disappeared Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Damaged countries disappeared - 1/15/2007 2:10:46 PM   
Grimmbro

Great game but I think the tutorial and the manual could do with a revision. Pretty steep learning curve on this, especially around supply points!

Anyway, constantly trying things and restarting the game has shown a pretty presistent bug for me. If I click main menu from the game and then restart a new campaign, after I begin none of my recently invade countries come up on the repair screen to be repaired. The game notices the damage for my movement and resources but does not allow me to repair. To be clear..none of the countries appear in the repair screen for me to even click on them.

If you close the game down and then restart this problem doesn't exist. Only if you restart while playing a game.

Anyway, this game is sucking up too much of my time maybe that's wha the bug is for?
Post #: 1
RE: Damaged countries disappeared - 1/15/2007 2:18:50 PM   

Yep, I have had this problem since Day 1 too. I also had this in the old WaW version, it was never fixed I believe. Restarting helps completely though.

(in reply to Grimmbro)
Post #: 2
RE: Damaged countries disappeared - 1/15/2007 3:38:47 PM   
GKar

Try using the mouse wheel on the repair screen (if you have one), this makes them come up for me.

(in reply to Avatar47)
Post #: 3
RE: Damaged countries disappeared - 1/15/2007 7:34:27 PM   
Joel Billings

There is a workaround for this bug (aside form possibly using the mouse wheel). You can always repair items on the map by right clicking on them in the top unit pop-up area. So click on the units in the area on the map with the item you want to repair and then right click over the item in the top pop-up. This will repair it (assuming you have the avaiable supplies).

(in reply to Grimmbro)
Post #: 4
RE: Damaged countries disappeared - 1/16/2007 8:43:10 AM   
Uncle_Joe

You know, in all of my games played during testing, I never once saw this bug. Granted I often use the main map to repair and dont open the repair screen every time, but even at that I would think it would have been something I would have encountered by now. Could it be some sort of settings issue?

Interesting.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: Damaged countries disappeared - 1/16/2007 1:57:15 PM   
christian brown

To be honest, I can think of no good reason (other than to see how badly your infrastructure needs repair all over the map) to use the screen for repairs.  It is so much easier (clearly you have move control over where supply is drawn from for example) to use the in-map display.  I recommend this to anyone new to the game using advanced supply rules.....it does not take long to see why this is to your advantage...;

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Uncle_Joe)
Post #: 6
RE: Damaged countries disappeared - 1/16/2007 7:28:24 PM   
WanderingHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: christian brown
To be honest, I can think of no good reason (other than to see how badly your infrastructure needs repair all over the map) to use the screen for repairs.  It is so much easier (clearly you have move control over where supply is drawn from for example) to use the in-map display.  I recommend this to anyone new to the game using advanced supply rules.....it does not take long to see why this is to your advantage...;

I always use the in map display to actually repair units, as you suggest.

But I always use the repair screen "to see how badly your infrastructure needs repair all over the map", so it is still a very useful screen.

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 7
RE: Damaged countries disappeared - 1/17/2007 1:43:24 AM   
GKar

quote:

ORIGINAL: WanderingHead

I always use the in map display to actually repair units, as you suggest.

But I always use the repair screen "to see how badly your infrastructure needs repair all over the map", so it is still a very useful screen.

Same for me except that I didn't know that you could do repairs on the map until recently and thus I'm not really used to it (yet?).

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 8
RE: Damaged countries disappeared - 1/20/2007 8:00:50 AM   
Grimmbro

I now that I know the mouse wheel trick I see that there are times when not all the states in need of repair are showing up. While its true you can repair directly on the map I prefer the big screen to be able to see all my options in one go. I suppose if you are playing PBEM and spend hours pouring over your move it makes sense to do it on the map, but if you just doing a single player quick game then it is much faster to use the big repair screen.

As for it not showing up in testing, LOL, I guess it needed a bit more testing on a variety of settings then.

Anyway mouse wheel works. Japan crushes Australia. All is right with the world!

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Damaged countries disappeared Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI