Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

minefields

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> minefields Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
minefields - 1/21/2007 6:48:49 PM   
XG76

Hi all,

just wondering about the rules for mine warfare. Whenever I create minefields they tend to disappear few turns later (shallow water areas). Do the mines laid really "fade away" or just aren´t they shown on the map any longer but remain intact in place?

How about the number of mines laid in a hex: can you control minelaying ops or at least have some info about mined hexes available?

would appreciate any advise!

TIA,
Ralf
Post #: 1
RE: minefields - 1/21/2007 8:25:20 PM   
Jakerson

Yeah mines die out on their own slowly to have effective minefield its best to make multiple runs with as many mines laying ships as possible.

It is also possible that your ML ships had run out of mines as they can only get new ones from TRUK when playing Japanese. So its possible that you send them mine laying mission without mines as minefield never disappear in just few turns it takes a lot longer time.

< Message edited by Jakerson -- 1/21/2007 8:38:18 PM >

(in reply to XG76)
Post #: 2
RE: minefields - 1/21/2007 9:06:03 PM   
vonCommander

Could you tell me where EXACTLY these minefields are?

< Message edited by vonCommander -- 1/21/2007 9:27:36 PM >

(in reply to XG76)
Post #: 3
RE: minefields - 1/21/2007 10:05:53 PM   
XG76

> vonCommander: much to my regret, I cannnot... ;) deadly mines adrift somewhere in the Nanýo...

> Jakerson: in my games (v2.5) indeed the mf DO disappear after say five turns...! And of course I´d reloaded mines at the keys of Truk.
So, you recommend to put together a couple of ML´s to get effective results? Sounds strange, since the individual IJN ML can carry up to 150 mines each?!

(in reply to vonCommander)
Post #: 4
RE: minefields - 1/22/2007 1:35:37 PM   
tocaff

In open water minefields will disintegrate rapidly.  If located at an enemy base as an offensive field this will happen also and if defensive one located at your base count on about 1% per day decrease.  You'll have to maintain what you lay. 

(in reply to XG76)
Post #: 5
RE: minefields - 1/22/2007 10:36:28 PM   
XG76

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

In open water minefields will disintegrate rapidly.  If located at an enemy base as an offensive field this will happen also and if defensive one located at your base count on about 1% per day decrease.  You'll have to maintain what you lay. 

so I´ve to understand it as regular that they´re going to vanish after few turns? What can I do against? would it double the life of the minefield to double the number of ML´s creating it? Or is the only possibility to refresh by re-lay? Is there any relation between depth and durability?

TIA

< Message edited by XG76 -- 6/25/2008 4:46:40 PM >

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 6
RE: minefields - 1/23/2007 12:11:20 AM   
tocaff

A few turns is way to fast for a minefield in a port hex, even for open water it's a bit fast.  The more mines the longer it'll last as from what I've read the program works on a % basis.

(in reply to XG76)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> minefields Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI