Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two issues about the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Two issues about the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two issues about the game - 1/22/2007 4:48:37 AM   
boggyjr

David, I played through my first MF Game in a while, using the 1.3.139 beta patch. I noticed two things from my playtime with the game today...

1 - The sim engine is a lot slower. On an eleven team, 14 week season, it took me 4 hours to get through 70% of the season. This is due to the large amount of "Error - Press F9 to attempt to continue" screens comming up while I'm not there, and, because it takes the game a lot longer to sim a game. It used to take 45 seconds or less to sim a game, but now, it takes around 1 to 2 minutes. The stats are slightly better, but I'd like to see a faster sim for the next beta release...whenever that is.

2 - Weird uniform glitches. On every uniform in the game, this big ugly line comes up.
[image][/image]
Annoying, yes.

I'm still having a lot of fun with the game. I played a 7 Minute Quarter game, and found absoloutely NO flaws in the overall gameplay. It's the most I've enjoyed playing a football game in a long time. Sadly, while my QB threw for 192 Yards, the score was 10-0 for me with american rules.

Are both of these problems user-fixable, or do I have to sit patiently for another beta version?

P.S - Whatever you do, PLEASE keep the "TEAM NEWS" section! I love it!

< Message edited by boggyjr -- 1/22/2007 5:00:34 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Two issues about the game - 1/22/2007 5:31:16 AM   
garysorrell

Hey boggyjr,
Im pretty sure David is aware of the error thingy during sims. Also, I timed it on my PC, and not counting any error, it takes about 2min to sim a game.

I havent seen the graphic error. I make lots of uniforms so I am always on the lookout for anything funky. Sure havent noticed that line.

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 2
RE: Two issues about the game - 1/22/2007 5:53:26 AM   
Lucas718

Someone else had that problem with the line on the jerseys a while back and it turned out that the jersey he was using had a black line on either the extreme left or right of the graphic.  Open up photoshop and zoom in on the sides of the image and fill it with the jersey color.

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 3
RE: Two issues about the game - 2/6/2007 6:21:09 AM   
Marauders

quote:

This is due to the large amount of "Error - Press F9 to attempt to continue" screens comming up

Is this the only error given, or does it say that it is looking for a file?  Can you watch a game to see when the happens.

It is hard to track down a bug without the complete error and under what circumstance the game was in.

Perhaps David has this one tracked down already, but I'm asking just in case.

(in reply to Lucas718)
Post #: 4
RE: Two issues about the game - 2/6/2007 6:57:27 AM   
David Winter

That is the known error is with the Sim game.. it's been corrected.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Two issues about the game - 2/6/2007 6:58:13 AM   
David Winter

As for the lines on the uniform, as another member pointed out, it's very likely an artifact on the bitmap rather than a problem with the game.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> Two issues about the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI