Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

jap aussies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Scenario Design >> jap aussies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
jap aussies - 1/25/2007 12:00:19 AM   
JagdFlanker

doing some scen editing and all of a sudden all the aussie bases turned jap. doing a lot of deleting, but no changing. any ideas what i messed up?
Post #: 1
RE: jap aussies - 1/25/2007 12:27:22 AM   
Helpless

might be you messed up with nation/hq settings for the base by deleting upper location slots and shifting all the things up..

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to JagdFlanker)
Post #: 2
RE: jap aussies - 1/25/2007 2:29:08 AM   
JagdFlanker

all i did was paste blank pages over all europian ships/sircraft/hq's so they all have the same stats. absolutly nothing was edited per say, just erased/pasted over. hadn't gottne to the bases or army units yet, though, which is why it's strange. all aussie bases are now jap bases

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: jap aussies - 1/25/2007 3:27:40 AM   
BigJ62

All HQs have been erased? BTw all bases must be assigned a valid HQ.

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

Post #: 4
RE: jap aussies - 1/25/2007 4:02:31 AM   
JagdFlanker

mabe that's the problem - mabe i'l do it all again but keep the HQ's intact so as to not mess that up again.

i guess for the curious all i'm doing is making the 1926 scen so as to not need house rules - pure usa vs jap with all other bases erased - except for ports that start the game with the usa AK's will be beaches so the start of game AK dispersion will not be altered. keeps the focus of the game better and it lets the usa player not do all the extra euro work 'just in case' japan gets greedy...

once i'm done that i MIGHT try doing a new scen with all the usa bases erased and bring in all brit ships 1 year early to try a europe vs jap scen - just because it'd be fun to see how the brits would do in the same scenario, and after all some people are more RN fans than USN. the problem is i would need someone to adjust the ground forces so that the euro colonies don't get run over by japan and not be able to come back.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 5
RE: jap aussies - 1/25/2007 6:15:17 AM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flanker Leader

mabe that's the problem - mabe i'l do it all again but keep the HQ's intact so as to not mess that up again.

i guess for the curious all i'm doing is making the 1926 scen so as to not need house rules - pure usa vs jap with all other bases erased - except for ports that start the game with the usa AK's will be beaches so the start of game AK dispersion will not be altered. keeps the focus of the game better and it lets the usa player not do all the extra euro work 'just in case' japan gets greedy...

once i'm done that i MIGHT try doing a new scen with all the usa bases erased and bring in all brit ships 1 year early to try a europe vs jap scen - just because it'd be fun to see how the brits would do in the same scenario, and after all some people are more RN fans than USN. the problem is i would need someone to adjust the ground forces so that the euro colonies don't get run over by japan and not be able to come back.

If you are making a grand campaign I'm not sure what the game engine is expecting to see as far as HQs and bases, remember certain command HQs and bases are hard coded(slot id), I'm thinking WitP when I say this. I think top level HQs are assigned to specific regions and some bases serve as national entry points. Anyway post back if it's possible to remove other nationalities without the game getting confused.

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

Post #: 6
RE: jap aussies - 1/25/2007 9:02:26 PM   
JagdFlanker

beautiful - worked like a charm! i discovered instead of erasing hq's i can just place them 'nowhere' so they arn't on the map - much safer...

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Scenario Design >> jap aussies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI