Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 5:41:02 AM   
David Heath

Game On Demand, Printed Manuals, Ordering and More in 2007

All Games released in 2007 will now ship with our new Game On Demand features. The exceptions will be Forge of Freedom and Birth of America which already include these features as 2006 titles. Game On Demand orders will now contain the following:

• DVD Plastic Case with Full Color Sleeve.
  • 1 to 2 CD's with Full Color Labels and with your Serial Number printed on them.
  • Up to a 200 Page Printed Cull Color Manual
  • All Components will be placed inside the DVD Case and Shrink Wrapped.

All new game releases will now start with ability to order either Digital Download, Game On Demand or both from the first day the game is on sale. Game On Demand orders placed during the first 5 to 10 business days will be placed on Back Order status and will ship as soon as they become available. Again we expect this to be between 5 to 10 business days.

What this does is give the gamers what they wanted - the ability to order the games the way they want when they want.

We will be converting the older game manuals over the next few weeks and months. Once this is completed gamers that order the Game On Demand option for those titles they will also have printed manuals as well. We will make clear in the store which games have the updated option including the printed manual.

If you have any questions please post them here and please let your fellow gamers know of these changes.

This is only the beginning of new things coming in 2007.

David Heath

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 6/15/2007 6:36:41 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 6:38:00 AM   
scott64

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 7:50:14 AM   
JeF

Sweet !!

Very good move from your side David.

Especially the point about the back order of the physical item. It will avoid a lot of confusion when game launches.

JeF.

Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone

Post #: 3
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 11:19:05 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeF

Especially the point about the back order of the physical item. It will avoid a lot of confusion when game launches.

We will see, I'm not so certain there

(in reply to JeF)
Post #: 4
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 11:27:15 AM   
shunwick

David,

For those of us who already have the game will we be able to order the printed manual just on its own? I really miss the printed manuals.

Best wishes and a merry Christmas,

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 5
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 2:45:33 PM   
Elwro

And will there be a possibility of shipping printed manuals to some remote corners of the Earth, like Poland, for example? I bought SPWaW Generals Edition but I think I'd pay for a printed manual...

< Message edited by Elwro -- 12/22/2006 2:55:34 PM >

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 6
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 6:36:25 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

With the very limited exception of Forge of Freedom there is will be no option to upgrade older purchases of our "Game On Demand" products with the printed manual option.  We really tried to make an option to allow this but its just impossible.

Please also rememeber we will still be offering our PDF manuals with our products as we done before.

David

< Message edited by David Heath -- 12/23/2006 6:45:41 AM >

(in reply to Elwro)
Post #: 7
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 7:26:05 PM   
shunwick

David, thanks for the prompt reply.

Elwro, when did Poland become a remote corner of the earth? I must have missed that.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas,

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

Post #: 8
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 7:41:33 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

All new game releases will now start with ability to order either Digital Download, Game On Demand or both from the first day the game is on sale. Game On Demand orders placed during the first 5 to 10 business days will be placed on Back Order status and will ship as soon as they become available.

Post #: 9
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 9:30:56 PM   
pad152

Older Games - Game On Demand

David

Some of us would like to have a CD cased version and printed manual for games we already purchased, could something like this be made available?

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 10
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/22/2006 9:41:40 PM   
JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 11
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/23/2006 7:50:01 AM   
David Heath

quote:

ORIGINAL: pad152

David

Some of us would like to have a CD cased version and printed manual for games we already purchased, could something like this be made available?

Hi Pad152

I am sorry we could not provide that option.

David

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 12
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/27/2006 5:46:34 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

With the very limited exception of Forge of Freedom there is will be no option to upgrade older purchases of our "Game On Demand" products with the printed manual option. We really tried to make an option to allow this but its just impossible.

Couldn't all of the older pdf manuals be added to the Kinko's online DocCenter list for ordering by mail or for pickup? Currently only Korsun Pocket, Startships Unlimited and Uncommon Valor are listed. Seems like it wouldn't be any more hassle to add all Matrix game manuals to the list.

Post #: 13
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/27/2006 8:02:31 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

quote:

With the very limited exception of Forge of Freedom there is will be no option to upgrade older purchases of our "Game On Demand" products with the printed manual option. We really tried to make an option to allow this but its just impossible.

Couldn't all of the older pdf manuals be added to the Kinko's online DocCenter list for ordering by mail or for pickup? Currently only Korsun Pocket, Startships Unlimited and Uncommon Valor are listed. Seems like it wouldn't be any more hassle to add all Matrix game manuals to the list.

The service is discontinued, the new service has nothing to do with the Kinkos Doc center.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 14
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/28/2006 6:15:23 AM   
PnHobbit

Say I want to buy TOAW III. Is it bad to purchase it now, could I wait and get a neat printed manual with it for the same price?

Post #: 15
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/28/2006 7:06:21 AM   
Erik Rutins

We will be adding printed manuals to already published games as time allows. I don't know what the timeframe will be on that, but we should have more info in January and I certainly expect that it will take a minimum of a few months to get the existing titles transitioned to this new system. All new releases will start with printed manuals as they are released.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to PnHobbit)
Post #: 16
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/28/2006 9:56:36 AM   
ravinhood

I think this is "One small step for man and one giant leap for gamerkind". ;) From the end game scene of "Nuke Wars" "I won, I won, I won!" haha

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 17
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 12/28/2006 11:36:52 PM   
Deathtreader

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I think this is "One small step for man and one giant leap for gamerkind". ;) From the end game scene of "Nuke Wars" "I won, I won, I won!" haha

LOL!!!

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 18
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 1/7/2007 12:51:06 AM   
Fred98

A DVD case is quiate a small thing. Modern games come in boxes not much bigger than a DVD case and the manual needs to fit inside that box.

In the case of Highway to the Reich, Imperial Glory, Korsun Pocket and Delta Force 5, the manual was small enought to fit neatly inside the box, the text was so small it was difficult to read and it was printed in black and white.

In each and evey instance, I tok the PDF version to the office and printed the manuals on A4 size and in colour.

The hard copy manuals that come with modern games are of no use.

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 19
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 1/7/2007 1:36:20 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

A DVD case is quiate a small thing. Modern games come in boxes not much bigger than a DVD case and the manual needs to fit inside that box.

In the case of Highway to the Reich, Imperial Glory, Korsun Pocket and Delta Force 5, the manual was small enought to fit neatly inside the box, the text was so small it was difficult to read and it was printed in black and white.

In each and evey instance, I tok the PDF version to the office and printed the manuals on A4 size and in colour.

The hard copy manuals that come with modern games are of no use.

Do not worry. The font size on all manuals will be 8pt. We have special wider DVD cases which can hold manuals up to 200 pages. Those will be usefull

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 20
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 1/8/2007 8:47:24 AM   
Zap

So I ordered BII, BIN, Forge of Freedom on 12/31/06 I don't qualify. Darn it! I should have waited a few days more.
But that is good news for my future purchases.

I should have read this message from David before, why Oh why.

< Message edited by Zap -- 1/8/2007 9:01:19 AM >

Post #: 21
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 1/8/2007 9:28:54 PM   
David Heath

Hi Zap

Its going to take a while before we get all the games up to speed with the printed manuals.

David

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 22
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 1/22/2007 9:24:08 PM   
Ken7

I think it's a super idea to include the manual for the new games coming out in 2007. Id rather pay extra and get the manual. wahhhhooooo.

Ken7

Post #: 23
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 1/24/2007 8:08:43 PM   
Tomus

Just a quick question.

I have:

BiN
BII
COTA

I ordered direct download and really wish now that I had bought the boxes. Any chance of getting an option to upgrade to a box?

(in reply to Ken7)
Post #: 24
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 1/25/2007 4:49:58 AM   
Tex Vindictive

Who's going to print the manuals for you. I print mass production glossy booklet in south Jersey. I can print your booklets and covers for CD cases. Have the disc produced at Disc Makers then I'll have the hand labor to put it together and ship it to NY. You should email your specs to me and I can give you a quote.

< Message edited by Tex Vindictive -- 1/25/2007 5:11:43 AM >

[link=http://www.texclan.com/news.php]TEXCLAN.COM ROCKS
texvindictive@yahoo.com ICQ;195325391
Ventrilo: storm.typefrag.com Port:3909

(in reply to Tomus)
Post #: 25
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 2/18/2007 4:34:42 AM   
freeboy

David, just so you and I, and others ,are on the same page I was told I could not get BattleFront with a manual.. unless I waited? Why could I not ordered BF and then got the manula and cd after they where ready, seems kinda screwy. I personly do not mind, I can burn a dvd and print the manually and REALLY got my bacon saved when I was able to retrieve Bin after builing a new computer and loosing my old installer... Your commitment to the industry is commendable.. thanks for supporting all the great titles. Recently picked up BoA, and hope you add their next game too the Matrix ARSENAL!

(in reply to Tex Vindictive)
Post #: 26
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 2/18/2007 6:27:01 AM   
David Heath

The system must have all the parts available to allow orders.  We are working on changing this as soon as possible.

David

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 27
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 6/9/2007 2:33:20 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: pad152

David

I second that.

I have bought :
- War In The Pacific
- Steel Panthers: World at War - Generals Edition
- Battles In Normandy
- Battles in Italy
- Battlefront
- Carriers at War
- Uncommon Valor

I bought all them in download plus physical shippment when possible, and got no printed manual except for Battlefront & Carriers at War (which I'm waiting to receive).

I would like to have a printed manual for the other games, and am ready to pay for that.

Also, I could not register Uncommon Valor in the Members area, as my CD has no Serial printed on it. It seems it is from a time when Matrix Games had no Serial on the games. I would like to register it too. Also, I do not remember if I bought it from Matrix or from an online retail store in Britain.

Also, I never had the physical shippment of War In The Pacific, and when I complained, I only got a backup copy of the CD, which I do not need as I have downloaded it. I wanted the pretty box, and I did not have it.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 28
RE: Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 - 11/30/2007 3:39:28 PM   
MrBoats

David, Marc, Erik,

Let me get this straight: since I have purchased most of the Matrix titles fo far, am I not entitled to gold-embossed cd boxes for all of them with manuals in high-quality bond paper, along with a mint-in-box copy of Tactics II (my first wargame)? Oh, and a first edition "The Art of War" signed by Sun Tzu himself? Your announcements are vague and hard to understand. I am making progress in my ESL class and I study the subway posters intently.

Thanks for the good news and have a great December!

Senor Obrigado

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Game On Demand, Printed Manuals and More in 2007 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI