Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

NFL's Draft Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> NFL's Draft Thread Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NFL's Draft Thread - 1/11/2007 7:21:45 PM   
Great White

Everything About NFL's Draft..

...I start the first topic, The Dolphins' Fans what positions should The Dolphins' draft with first three-picks, of The '2007 Draft?

1/11/07, Mine - What Should Be Dolphins' Priority Draft List

Rd.
1. A. LOT or *B. WR or C. CB or D. LOG or E. MLB* or **F. Trade Down (for G. OL or H. WR)**,

2. **A.WR or *A. LOT or A. OL* or B. CB or C. LOG or D. MLB or E. SS or F. WR or CB-P/KR (with return speed) or G. ***Trade Down (for positions B. -F. ***)**

3. ***A. CB or B. LOG or C.MLB or D. SS or E. WR or CB-P/KR (with return speed) or F. TE or G. ****Trade Down (for positions A. -F. ****)***

< Message edited by Great White -- 1/14/2007 5:15:23 AM >

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM
Post #: 1
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/13/2007 2:24:38 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

What are the top 5 picks??

(in reply to Great White)
Post #: 2
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/13/2007 4:06:20 AM   
Great White

CFL_FAN_7,

For me, it is way to early for me to post which players the top 5-franchises *should draft (I doubt any one could even get 2-picks right, predicting players now). I am going to wait until after NFL Combine, to post which players the top 5-franchises *should draft. I could had given you the top 5-positions had I given it great thought (I can do MDs because I think about them everyday) be this post, been busy with The GW'sFBA; I will do it soon though, sorry.

*-I no longer predict which players <or even positions> the top 5-franchises will pick, it is impossible for any one to get it right and those that do claim to get it right are lying (Mel Kipper Jr. ; if The NFL professional drafters cannot, you cannot).

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM

(in reply to CFL_FAN_7)
Post #: 3
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/13/2007 8:38:58 PM   
jrodsly

1. WR(Chris Chambers is good, but Miami needs more than just one good reciever)
2. QB(i know that they have Culpepper, but Harrington sucks. really.)
3. Trade Down(possibly for a DL, just because)

Back from the dead, I'm here to make ammends with the people I've ticked off and the people that were nice enough to make stuff I requested.

Post #: 4
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/13/2007 9:00:19 PM   
Great White

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrodsly

1. WR(Chris Chambers is good, but Miami needs more than just one good reciever)
2. QB(i know that they have Culpepper, but Harrington sucks. really.)
3. Trade Down(possibly for a DL, just because)

Who are you going to have pass-blocking for them? I mean we have garbage LT Machnitosh.

Another QB? Come one, man we have a great 3rd stringer, even if Harrington does not turn out. Plus, 1-3/4st of a NFL season tells you nothing about a player. I wanting until after his third-season with MDs to have an opinion on whether Harrington should continue beiing a MD.

So, wait a minute, man, you are trading down and you do not even know the position you would want to draft with extra pick and the later third-round pick? Thank goodness you are not in MDs' war room. Plus, DL is MD's strongest position, even better than QB position. DL has a ton of depth DE Roth and all those young NTs and DTs.

(in reply to jrodsly)
Post #: 5
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/14/2007 12:46:24 AM   
jrodsly

here are my revised picks, then.

1.WR(still going with this)
2. LT(no, not Lawrence Taylor. a left tackle cause Great "i love to put Jrod down" White said so.)
3. QB(im still saying this because Harrington was terrible in Detroit too.)

Back from the dead, I'm here to make ammends with the people I've ticked off and the people that were nice enough to make stuff I requested.

Post #: 6
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/14/2007 5:02:06 AM   
Great White

jrodsly,

quote:

1.WR(still going with this)
2. LT

Now, I can understand that order, a lot more, but I still think that if it is not Ex-GT WR Calvin Johnson, then you must go LT.

quote:

(no, not Lawrence Taylor. a left tackle cause Great "i love to put Jrod down" White said so.)

LOL, I gotcha admit that is funny. 

quote:

3. QB(im still saying this because Harrington was terrible in Detroit too.)

So, you are going to waste your Franchise's 3rd round pick on a position you have a top 5-player*, in the league, at; when you franchise many other needs, not to mention another OL.

*-Yes, he will be back to his old self next regular-season.

< Message edited by Great White -- 1/14/2007 5:15:47 AM >

(in reply to jrodsly)
Post #: 7
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/14/2007 5:11:21 PM   
garysorrell

Im a Dolphin fan myself, and I would much rather have Harrington than Culpepper. Dante is lousy. Not that Joey is much better, but Culpepper is not the answer.

I dont think a QB should be a priority, their defense is getting old and they could use a good WR also.

Post #: 8
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/14/2007 6:20:45 PM   
Great White

garysorrell,

That is just craziest statement I have read in since like forever.

Let us just say that QB Culpepper (who was a top 5 player at QB) never was a top 5 player at QB, just a rookie QB, then how can you use a 3 to5-games stretch (inwhich he is coming off of one of the most serious NFL injuries NFL Players can have) to know if he is good or not?

You cannot. MDs cannot afford to invest in todays defensive backups and tomorrow's starts, when MDs' offensive line is waste, WRing Core is missing impact player and CB position needs a NFL quality starting CB.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 9
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/14/2007 6:45:43 PM   
garysorrell

I have never been impressed with Dante. He played for Minnesota for how many years? Thats plenty of time to watch him accomplish basically nothing with a good team.

I would bet if you talked to the Dolphins players, and they were honest, they would prefer to have Joey at the helm.

Plus, I have never seen any real leadership qualities from Culpepper. I just dont think he has the maturity to be a real leader. On offense, the QB has to be the leader. Dante didnt impress me in that regard as a Viking.

I think Cleo Lemon would be a better choice than Dante.

Post #: 10
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/14/2007 7:16:13 PM   
Great White

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

I have never been impressed with Dante. He played for Minnesota for how many years? Thats plenty of time to watch him accomplish basically nothing with a good team.

He has the top 5-QB season ever: 2004 Minnesota Vikings 16 16 548 379 69.2 4717 8.61 82 39 11 46/238 63 18 110.9 http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133263, did you miss that? Plus, the season he got his serious injury he had just a bunch of inexperienced and under performing WRs and a great TE.

quote:

I would bet if you talked to the Dolphins players, and they were honest, they would prefer to have Joey at the helm.

You mean with these numbers J. Harrington 388 223 2236 57.5 12 15 48 15/116 68.2 http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/playerstatistics/playerstatisticsreg.asp, LOL, you just get funnier with every statement.

quote:

Plus, I have never seen any real leadership qualities from Culpepper. I just dont think he has the maturity to be a real leader. On offense, the QB has to be the leader. Dante didnt impress me in that regard as a Viking.

Do not fall for the crap that The cheapsakes Minnesota Vikings are putting through the media, I have an aunt in Minnesota saying the say thing. I will tell you the same thng I tell her, wait until next Regular-Season and see who is right.

quote:

I think Cleo Lemon would be a better choice than Dante.
Stop, please, LOL, I cannot take any more, LOL

< Message edited by Great White -- 1/15/2007 3:00:12 AM >

Post #: 11
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/14/2007 8:09:04 PM   
garysorrell

GW, its no suprise people on these boards have no respect for you or interest in your opinions. Instead of debating an issue, you get nasty and begin the insults.
...Gloves off...
Im figuring you are either 10years old, or an adult with that mentality. You criticize a game you apparently dont even own, unless you have a bootleg that you cant update. You make all sorts of claims about 'Radio host/Football coach'. Please, if you have ever been a Radio Host or Football Coach, then I can out myself now.....Im 'The Batman'

If it were up to a vote of forum members, you would have been gone long ago. But since it doesnt apparently work like that, we have all tried to be tolerant and in some cases, interact with you. But in the end, it always comes back to this....hostility and insults.
There are people like you on the web, that find a board, join it, and make everyone else suffer. Most people here are interested in MaxFB, and helping make it a better game. Not the endless posts of uninformed nonsense. When we can actually figure out what your cryptic jibberish is all about, it generally makes no sense anyway.

If we disagree on something, fine, I dont think im always right but I do stand by my opinions because thats all they are. You seem amazed that anyone would think differently than you.

And, im glad you think im funny. It's a comforting thought to know im bringing joy to someone who probably needs it.

Post #: 12
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/15/2007 2:42:28 AM   
jrodsly

to mod them one more time, here you go.

1. WR(still going with it)
2. LT(NOT LAWRENCE TAYLOR!)
3. OL(better improve a position you suck at)

Post #: 13
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/15/2007 2:48:28 AM   
Great White

jrodsly,

Alright, but I cannot agree with OL-2 in the top 3-picks (CB is badly needed) and the order.

Also, what does
quote:

mod
mean?

< Message edited by Great White -- 1/15/2007 2:59:33 AM >

(in reply to jrodsly)
Post #: 14
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/15/2007 5:18:30 AM   
jrodsly

modification. one more time.

1. WR(you know the dealio)
2. LT(no, Lawrence, not you.)
3. WR(someone to back up the first pick)
4. CB(to improve the secondary)

Post #: 15
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/15/2007 6:33:14 AM   
Great White

jrodsly,

Okay, I am not so good with always evolving slang.

LOL, we like negociating (sp?) here? LOL, just messing around here, man. You have your opinion, I have mine.

I think this is way it should be for you:

1. WR (Calvin Johnson or USC's WR),
2. LT (starting right away NFL quality),
3. CB (starting right away NFL quality) and
4. LG (starting right away NFL quality),

and it is for me:

1. *WR (Calvin Johnson)* or **LT (starting right away NFL quality)**,
2. **WR#1/KOR & PR (starting right away NFL quality)** or *LT (starting right away
NFL quality)*,
3. 3. CB (starting right away NFL quality) and

< Message edited by Great White -- 1/15/2007 6:44:55 AM >

(in reply to jrodsly)
Post #: 16
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/15/2007 4:53:26 PM   
Great White

jrodsly,

You have your opinion, I have my opinion, that is alright; no need for everyone to negociate their opinions to match someone else's opinion.

I am just not going change my draft opinions, because:

A. I always believe in drafting with the first-3-picks to your biggest needs (MD's LT, WR and CB),

B. in priority draft order unless players available at that position (during that rd.) are just crap and/or once in a *decade type player, only at one of those biggest needs (MD's 1. *A. WR Calvin Johnson or B. LT or C. WR/Returner or D. CB, 2. A. WR/Returner or B. LT or C.CB and 3. A. CB or B. LT or C. WR/Returner),

C. those 3-biggest needs must get filled in the three-rounds, no matter if the priority draft order must change,

D. in the next 4-rounds (last 3-picks after getting one-player in all the franchise's needs) you must draft at least one-more player at each of those 3-biggest needs, even if it only leaves you one-pick and preceeding undrafted free agents to fill all other needs.
{MD's 4. A. LG (last position needing a immidiate starting quality player needed at) or B. MLB or C. WR or D. CB;
Extra-pick from trade or free agency loss 4. or 5. or 6. A. MLB or B. LG (last position needing a immidiate starting quality player needed at) or C. SS or D. LT;
5. A. LT or B. WR or C. CB or D. SS;
6. A. WR or B. LT or C. CB or D. SS;
7. A. CB or B. LT or C. WR}

You have your opinion, I have my opinion, that is alright; no need for everyone to negociate their opinions to match someone else's opinion.

< Message edited by Great White -- 1/15/2007 9:16:00 PM >

Post #: 17
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/15/2007 8:41:39 PM   
jrodsly

here are my opinions then.

1. WR(you know the dealio)
2. LB(add some punch to a good D)
3. LT(forget it!)

Post #: 18
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/23/2007 1:03:37 AM   
jrodsly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Great White

jrodsly,

Okay, I am not so good with always evolving slang.

LOL, we like negociating (sp?) here? LOL, just messing around here, man. You have your opinion, I have mine.

I think this is way it should be for you:

1. WR (Calvin Johnson or USC's WR),
2. LT (starting right away NFL quality),
3. CB (starting right away NFL quality) and

and it is for me:

1. *WR (Calvin Johnson)* or **LT (starting right away NFL quality)**,
2. **WR#1/KOR & PR (starting right away NFL quality)** or *LT (starting right away
NFL quality)*,
3. 3. CB (starting right away NFL quality) and

that i can agree with.

Post #: 19
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/23/2007 6:28:38 AM   
Marauders

As a fan of the Minnesota Vikings, I can give you the heads up on Daunte Culpepper.

Up until his knee injury, he was a big and mobile quarterback with a good arm.  If he had time to throw, and he had receivers to throw to, he could beat the defense in the air and on the ground.  He holds the NFL record for combined yardage in a season by a quarterback, and his 2004 season was good enough to finish behind just Peyton Manning for NFL MVP, so one cannot say he has never accomplished anything.  He has seven straight years of 60% or better completions.

On the downside, he goes through his progressions slowly and gets rattled under pressure.  He doesn't know when to stay in the pocket, and he often doesn't protect the rock.  He also has a slow release and a long throwing motion, so he doesn't get the ball out very well when the defenders are on him.  He does have small hands for a quarterback, and he fumbles often.

Under offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, and with Randy Moss as his primary target, Culpepper was very good in 2003 and nearly unstoppable in 2004, but like Randall Cunningham in 1999, teams found him to be vulnerable against blitz pressure.  The Vikings' degraded offensive line and the loss of Randy Moss in 2005 were like kryptonite for Culpepper.

Given time to pass, a healthy Daunte Culpepper is one of the most dangerous quarterback in the NFL.  Playing injured and behind a weak line is his doom.  His vulnerabilities become apparent, and he weaknesses are greatly exacerbated.

It is feast or famine with Daunte Culpepper.

(in reply to jrodsly)
Post #: 20
RE: NFL's Draft Thread - 1/31/2007 1:55:08 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

what TEAMS have the 1st 5 picks

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> NFL's Draft Thread Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI