Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade to TOAW III...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade to TOAW III... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade to TO... - 2/1/2007 10:42:38 AM   
JAMiAM

...at least after this upcoming patch, that is.

Bartek, a member of the CSTO Group, and player at the Blitz Gaming Ladder, discovered a bug that is currently in TOAW III, and is left over from bad code in Century of Warfare. As it is now, in both games, if you have airmobile units, board helicopters, and then fly over a known enemy unit, if you left click (instead of right-clicking to disembark) then the entire force of the other player will be revealed, and you will gain FULL control over his units. This allows all sorts of cheating to occur. You can move the enemy units, change their deployments, break them down, change their loss tolerances, and disband them, etc.

This discovery was considered important enough for us to delay the patch that we were almost finished QA testing on, and to incorporate a fix for this problem. It is very similar to, and essentially the same thing as the "3 Escape" exploit that still exists in TOAW-CoW.

We hope the community understands the gravity of this exploit, and forgives the delay of the TOAW III patch, so that it can be fixed as soon as possible. We don't want you all to have to have to wait through another patch cycle to have this very important bug fixed.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we will be able to do for those who are still playing Century of Warfare, since that product is no longer supported.

--- TOAD Team
Post #: 1
RE: Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade t... - 2/1/2007 11:12:53 AM   
Industrial

This is only relevant for TOAW-CoW owners, I've tested and confirmed this bug for CoW but don't think of it as gamebreaking, so instead of repeating myself or a copy/paste job I'll simply point you to my reply over at SZO

"The conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerrilla wins if he does not lose."

Henry Alfred Kissinger

<--- aka: Kraut

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 2
RE: Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade t... - 2/1/2007 11:29:10 AM   
JAMiAM

And you can see my reply to his reply on the same thread...

(in reply to Industrial)
Post #: 3
RE: Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade t... - 2/1/2007 11:32:47 AM   
Industrial

...and my reply to your reply

"The conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerrilla wins if he does not lose."

Henry Alfred Kissinger

<--- aka: Kraut

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 4
RE: Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade t... - 2/1/2007 11:36:39 AM   
JAMiAM

LoL...and while you guys are over there at X-G, click on one of the Matrix Games ads, and get redirected back here to buy something, okay?

(in reply to Industrial)
Post #: 5
RE: Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade t... - 2/1/2007 4:42:22 PM   
shunwick

JAMiAM,

Damn! I could really use that bug in my current PBEM game because I am getting hammered to hell. Unfortunately, it's a WWII scenario and there are no helicopter units. Wouldn't you just know it!

Best wishes,

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 6
RE: Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade t... - 2/1/2007 5:43:11 PM   
Veers

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

LoL...and while you guys are over there at X-G, click on one of the Matrix Games ads, and get redirected back here to buy something, okay?

AHAHAHAHAHHA!

To repeat history in a game is to be predictable.
If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 7
RE: Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade t... - 2/1/2007 10:18:41 PM   
saintsup

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veers

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

AHAHAHAHAHHA!

Very nice girl btw !!! Congrats

(in reply to Veers)
Post #: 8
RE: Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade t... - 2/4/2007 12:49:35 PM   
a white rabbit

..the bug came up in the original Toaw2, but was patched out by Norm, it came back in acow ?..gosh..

..i would however suggest, as i did way back then that this "bug" may be a useful as a possible 3rd player entry point, this was in my pre-elephant days, i was only a kitten then..

..despite the then arguements with limited horizons, i still think this is a useful open point in the program..

< Message edited by a white rabbit -- 2/4/2007 1:02:24 PM >

..toodA, irmAb moAs'lyB 'exper'mentin'..,..beàn'tus all..?,

(in reply to saintsup)
Post #: 9
RE: Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade t... - 2/5/2007 2:22:57 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: a white rabbit

..i would however suggest, as i did way back then that this "bug" may be a useful as a possible 3rd player entry point, this was in my pre-elephant days, i was only a kitten then..

I was thinking that one could use this in a scenario where one side has a lot of unreliable troops. The other player can select one enemy unit of a certain colour combination per turn to disband.

However, this is a pretty marginal benefit.

< Message edited by golden delicious -- 2/5/2007 2:36:20 PM >

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to a white rabbit)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade to TOAW III... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI