Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Should I invade Hungary?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> Should I invade Hungary? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Should I invade Hungary? - 2/1/2007 8:04:04 PM   
luftwaffe

To make sure that Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria would join the axis I made sure Yugoslavia was Allied leaning before attacking it. After the invasion Romania and Bulgaria both joined but Hungary didn't, it seems odd but I'll probably have to go back to the manual to check. Should I just invade them or wait to attack Soviet occupied Eastern Poland? I'm afraid if I invade this will hurt relations with Spain and Finland who are both pro Axis as well as Hungary.

This is my first full game even though I've had it a month, the fan on my graphics card cracked somehow so I had to rma it to BFG.
Post #: 1
RE: Should I invade Hungary? - 2/1/2007 9:40:56 PM   
GKar

I wouldn't attack Hungary, the costs outweight the benefits as far as I can tell. It's odd that they didn't join you, but Rumania is more important to prepare the strike into Russia anyway. 

(in reply to luftwaffe)
Post #: 2
RE: Should I invade Hungary? - 2/1/2007 10:43:25 PM   
WanderingHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: GKar
It's odd that they didn't join you

It is not so odd, just slightly improbable. But it is probable enough that we've presumably all seen it every now and then.

Definitely don't attack it. With Hungary at Pro-Axis you get the Hungarian resource + 5 supplies every turn. With Hungary in the Axis you get + 1 production point every turn (1 resource and one factory that consumes that resource), which is not actually as good as 1 resource + 5 supply! As Pro-Axis you get the 1 PP in the form of supply AND you get the resource you can use elsewhere.

However, the other benefits of Hungary in the Axis are using the population to build militia and using the rail. So the bottom line is that you don't need to attack it, and after you take E Poland you will likely get it, and should probably accept it then for access to the population.

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> Should I invade Hungary? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI