Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? - 2/2/2007 7:41:25 AM   
KG Erwin

I hope that the quiet means you're happy with what we have. The Locker reports are continuing, but it seems that some of the regulars may still be in a state of shock. Is that it?

Get used to it, guys. We are no longer in a state of perpetual change. The thing is set.

To me, it's fine. The discussions should focus on the meat of the game, rather than making endless suggestions for tweaks.

The testing is over. Now, we're actually gonna play it and appreciate it for what it is.

Strategy, tactics and mods are now the focus. This isn't an end, guys. This is just a new beginning. Once you get accustomed to that, I think you'll gain a new perspective.

This game IS great when you really start to play it and immerse yourself into its intracacies.
Post #: 1
RE: You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? - 2/2/2007 9:31:03 PM   
SirWolf1960

KG, I think you will find that most of us are quietly enjoying the game we have. Usually, there is a spike of activity around the time updates are issued. When we have a nice, stable release to play with, we spend most of our free time playing. ;)

Steve

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? - 2/3/2007 2:33:04 AM   
dneely

I agree I am playing the game and enjoying it. BUT I would be lying if I said I was not still in a state of shock and I am really disappointed! I'm not mad at Shaun and I certainly understand where he is coming from but honestly this whole thing has really put a big strike in my interest level. We were so close, and the new ideas Shaun had would have really helped the game! I know he has said he would continue to patch and add features but somehow, speaking only for myself it is not the same.

PureSim is a GREAT game and so much fun to play, and I'm sure once I get over this funk and will be more active and excited........at least I hope so.

DNeely

PureSim Vet

(in reply to SirWolf1960)
Post #: 3
RE: You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? - 2/3/2007 3:48:44 AM   
DonBraswell

I'm still in a state of shock for sure. I'm still playing the game every chance I get. I would have liked a stronger AI, but I still love this game. I think we all got spoiled by so many updates and we got too dependent on them. I would have preferred an updated game once a year with a short beta period. I loved working on the betas. Maybe Shaun would not have had to spend so much time on the game and had more family time. It may have helped to relieve burnout. I'm terrible at writing, but love reading about other associations. I miss you Shaun. Drop a note and say HI.
Don
The shaddow vet of PureSim

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
RE: You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? - 2/7/2007 1:13:57 AM   
cdvalenta

I'm not jumping ship but I'm definitely shocked. It seemed like Puresim was about to take it to the next level and now who really knows what's going to happen... I guess that's it.

I will say this though, no matter how hard I try I keep coming back to Puresim.

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 5
RE: You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? - 2/7/2007 1:41:41 AM   
KG Erwin

To be completely honest, I was dreading the "next level". Right now, IMHO, there's a near-perfect balance of simplicity, complexity and intuition. The element of mystery in player development is still there. The "human element", which Shaun tried hard to maintain in the face of demands from the hardcore simmers, still remains. This is important to this particular gamer.

To tighten up the various menus and tweak the overall look, we can rely on the efforts of the modders.

(in reply to cdvalenta)
Post #: 6
RE: You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? - 2/8/2007 1:50:58 AM   
Nukester

I havent been around as much since baseball season ended, so I am not totally caught up on the situation, and it shocked me to see that Shaun was not going to develop PS anymore (is this really the case or am I missing something ?)

I cant say that Im jumping ship because I never was fully on the ship to begin with. This was my first version of PureSim, and I definitly played it more than the "other" game, but I really dont think its been totally "cooked" yet, and if its not going to be developed anymore, then yeah, Ill probably look elsewhere again. Its a shame, because PS was on its way to becoming the only baseball sim I used, but there alot of things that annoy me about the game (what game doesnt have annoying things in it ?) like the sim speed, that I cant say this is the "end all" of baseball games for me.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 7
RE: You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? - 2/9/2007 8:34:07 PM   
waltwa

I never really became a fan of PureSim but I bought it and thought it was on the right track toward becoming a very good game. But the key is the right track. The track has ended and this game is somewhere in the middle of Utah on its way to New York with no track added. OOTP and BM whether or not you like them in their present state will continue to improve, other games will come along and in a matter of time (a short time)Puresim will be a memory to most. Shaun did what he had to do and at some point will probably be back in the game but in the ensuing 10-30 years it will be other games.

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 8
RE: You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? - 2/11/2007 1:50:20 AM   
tbear2b

While respecting and understanding the position of "the game ended too soon" and "it was on the right track", I'd like to say this:

Nearly everyone is in agreement that certain games in certain genres/sports, got to a point of no return, where they were simply not getting any better, or had a major overhaul one year and got tremendously worse. While I agree that PureSim will eventually fade into obscurity because of it's age, it will happen a lot later than OOTP 2006 or any of the EA Sports games (because every year brings a new version). The game has good replayability and is solid in terms of crashes/bugs. Plus, Shaun has said that will open the game up more for modders as well as continue to tweak it himself every once in a while.

In some ways, this is a golden opportunity for us, as the PureSim community, to continue to make a great game slightly better, rather than having to continually create new mods for an endless annual game.

Having said all that, it still stings that this will be the last iteration of PureSim, even though someone would have to be completely heartless not to understand Shaun's reasoning. I agree other games in the genre will move on to bigger (although not necessarily better) things, but I will continue to play PureSim (as I started to do again this morning after a couple month hiatus.

< Message edited by tbear2b -- 2/11/2007 2:04:15 AM >

(in reply to waltwa)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> You Guys Aren't Jumping Ship, Are You? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI