Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Release Date

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> RE: Release Date Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Release Date - 1/21/2007 6:11:35 PM   
kam99

Thanks Marc. That is more reassuring!

< Message edited by kam99 -- 1/21/2007 6:22:48 PM >

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 31
RE: Release Date - 1/21/2007 6:12:24 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

I always get (sort of) a kick out of these threads.

Back before some of you were born, Avalon Hill MIGHT have shipped one good game per year, one that was balanced and had rules that weren't so full of holes that lawyering took precedence over skill in gameplay. While there was considerable anticipation on the part of the hundreds of thousands of active wargamers around the world, there was no telling when the games would ship, quarter or month, let alone day, so everyone pretty much just relaxed, played their favorite(s), and looked forward to word finally coming down that the newest title was in fact available for sale at a local hobby shop or via mail-order.

My, how things have changed.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Government is the opiate of the masses.

Post #: 32
RE: Release Date - 1/21/2007 6:21:28 PM   
LitFuel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

Back before some of you were born, Avalon Hill MIGHT have shipped one good game per year, one that was balanced and had rules that weren't so full of holes that lawyering took precedence over skill in gameplay. While there was considerable anticipation on the part of the hundreds of thousands of active wargamers around the world, there was no telling when the games would ship, quarter or month, let alone day, so everyone pretty much just relaxed, played their favorite(s), and looked forward to word finally coming down that the newest title was in fact available for sale at a local hobby shop or via mail-order.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

And when I was a kid we had to walk 10 miles to school through snow 5 feet high, and with no boots or gloves even

< Message edited by LitFuel -- 1/22/2007 2:59:22 AM >

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 33
RE: Release Date - 1/21/2007 7:51:42 PM   
old man of the sea

Shoot, when I was a kid we had to build a school to go to, before we walked the ten miles through 5 feet of snow to go to it. We had to fight the white men all the way to school to boot.

E

"Point me to a 'civilised' part of the General Forum and I'll steer way clear of it." - Soddball

Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I never have been able to make out the numbers.

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 34
RE: Release Date - 1/21/2007 10:08:00 PM   
Andrew Williams

When I was a kid.........errrrr...I can't remember when I was a kid.

(in reply to old man of the sea)
Post #: 35
RE: Release Date - 1/21/2007 10:10:40 PM   
Boar

Amen, PoE.

The smarmy response to your recollection only highlights the prob some have in understanding, though. I'll resist the temptation to
go on and on about it, but the fact is this current crop of gamers is the most impatient ever. Most can't understand why they want
it and can't have it now. Sorry, people, but that's how you sound -- like a bunch of childish whiners.

The most recent game release I could liken this to would be Half-Life 2. Never mind the fact that the original was announced, then delayed,
for something like 3 years. I was eager to buy it when I first saw screenshots and a brief blurb in a magazine, and was overjoyed when it
finally came out. Half-life 2 was even longer "in the making," and then had its release sidetracked by a hacker attack (begging the question,
why would you keep vital files in such an unsecure area? -- but never mind).

Fans went crazy. It was a very similar reaction. Everything from the standard wailing and gnashing of teeth, to the attempts to seemingly sabotage
its success on release by early reviews (by gamers) saying it was not all they had waited for, etc., presumably out of spite (frustration, bad childhood? who cares!).

I view this as a re-release by all rights could never have happened. Only through the hard work and dedication of people at CSO-Simtek and Matrix do
we have such games. Just as I patiently awaited Medieval Total War 2, and even then put up with its intital bugs because at heart it's a great one-of-a-kind game,
so I will await COI.

quote:

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 36
RE: Release Date - 1/22/2007 3:00:46 AM   
LitFuel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boar

Amen, PoE.

The smarmy response to your recollection only highlights the prob some have in understanding, though. I'll resist the temptation to
go on and on about it, but the fact is this current crop of gamers is the most impatient ever. Most can't understand why they want
it and can't have it now. Sorry, people, but that's how you sound -- like a bunch of childish whiners.

The most recent game release I could liken this to would be Half-Life 2. Never mind the fact that the original was announced, then delayed,
for something like 3 years. I was eager to buy it when I first saw screenshots and a brief blurb in a magazine, and was overjoyed when it
finally came out. Half-life 2 was even longer "in the making," and then had its release sidetracked by a hacker attack (begging the question,

Fans went crazy. It was a very similar reaction. Everything from the standard wailing and gnashing of teeth, to the attempts to seemingly sabotage
its success on release by early reviews (by gamers) saying it was not all they had waited for, etc., presumably out of spite (frustration, bad childhood? who cares!).

I view this as a re-release by all rights could never have happened. Only through the hard work and dedication of people at CSO-Simtek and Matrix do
we have such games. Just as I patiently awaited Medieval Total War 2, and even then put up with its intital bugs because at heart it's a great one-of-a-kind game,
so I will await COI.

quote:

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

No, we understand , gaming was hell back then...

(in reply to Boar)
Post #: 37
RE: Release Date - 1/22/2007 5:27:38 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: schrecken

When I was a kid.........errrrr...I can't remember when I was a kid.

Who the hell said that I was a kid back then?

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 38
RE: Release Date - 1/22/2007 12:31:07 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: LitFuel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boar

Amen, PoE.

so I will await COI.

quote:

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

No, we understand , gaming was hell back then...

Actually it was waaaaayyyy more relaxed

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 39
RE: Release Date - 1/26/2007 7:15:33 PM   
Uncle_Joe

So is it starting to look grim for January now? Any updates on where this is?

Thanks!

< Message edited by Uncle_Joe -- 1/26/2007 7:28:05 PM >

Post #: 40
RE: Release Date - 1/30/2007 2:33:01 AM   
Troopsurge

Any chance the game won't be released at all due to bickering among the parties involved? They've already had over a month to iron out whatever problems they had but apparently have been unable/unwilling to do so.

(in reply to Uncle_Joe)
Post #: 41
RE: Release Date - 1/30/2007 4:05:29 AM   
Erik Rutins

Nope, it's full steam ahead. It was never a question of if but when. I expect we'll have some positive news for you all quite soon.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Troopsurge)
Post #: 42
RE: Release Date - 1/30/2007 9:43:55 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Troopsurge

...bickering among the parties involved?...

What bickering?

(in reply to Troopsurge)
Post #: 43
RE: Release Date - 1/30/2007 6:23:55 PM   
Troopsurge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

What bickering?

In your own words from a previous post:

quote:

The product is actually GOLD, in all aspects. Just the usual "legal check" before it is ready to go. Unfortunately another company that holds rights to CC is really "red tape" about this and wants a final complete check of all things connected with a release. So basically it is up to them and their approval of all items involved.

To me it seems likely that the company that holds the rights to CC is dissatisfied with the status quo and does not want to give "approval of all items involved."

Post #: 44
RE: Release Date - 1/30/2007 7:08:18 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

What bickering?

In your own words from a previous post:

quote:

The product is actually GOLD, in all aspects. Just the usual "legal check" before it is ready to go. Unfortunately another company that holds rights to CC is really "red tape" about this and wants a final complete check of all things connected with a release. So basically it is up to them and their approval of all items involved.

To me it seems likely that the company that holds the rights to CC is dissatisfied with the status quo and does not want to give "approval of all items involved."

I have already mentioned in another thread that you guys read too much into posts.

(in reply to Troopsurge)
Post #: 45
RE: Release Date - 1/30/2007 7:55:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

No, there was no bickering or dissatisfaction. Red tape just means bureaucracy, additional checks, etc. None of that is intended to imply a problem, just extra time that needs to be spent.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 46
RE: Release Date - 1/30/2007 10:21:22 PM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: old man of the sea

Shoot, when I was a kid we had to build a school to go to, before we walked the ten miles through 5 feet of snow to go to it. We had to fight the white men all the way to school to boot.

E

Bah. I had to walk 20 miles in each direction, uphill both ways. By the time I got home I had to turn right around and head back to make class the next day.

(in reply to old man of the sea)
Post #: 47
RE: Release Date - 2/2/2007 2:59:47 PM   
patrickrizer243

I've been really tempted to say something for a while now. So without further ado, I think it's funny that everyone is so worried that COI will die. Too many people want to see it succeed. Anywho, speaking of Avalon Hill, who's up for a VASSAL game of Panzer Blitz?!?

-Patrick Rizer

Woo! Who's up for some Panzers!

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 48
RE: Release Date - 2/3/2007 2:38:38 AM   
tigercub

i no longer have a copy sorry! lost many years ago...

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to patrickrizer243)
Post #: 49
RE: Release Date - 2/5/2007 5:06:50 PM   
Wilco

Hello everybody, i have been reading this forum for some time now, and i just cant wait untill this game is released. I used to play little but CC. And still play an occasional game of CC5 GJS. Even tho CC3 wasnt my favorite, it can become so soon :) I hope :) Its nice to finally see some "official" things happening again with CC.

Well, greetings to you all

The sinews of war are not money, but good soldiers!

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 50
RE: Release Date - 2/8/2007 2:25:35 AM   
KG_Absolute

Oh, I did forget to mention that after the lawyer's have tortured us...it then goes to the real bad boys...the number crunchers...the accountant's...you know the types...what the heck F..... do you need reactive armor for?! It cost's too damn much! Be happy you get bullets. So, as all good business owners know, better to lead a new quarter...with new revenue source....

(in reply to Wilco)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> RE: Release Date Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI