Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strange Occurances With 8 Team CFL League

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Strange Occurances With 8 Team CFL League Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange Occurances With 8 Team CFL League - 2/4/2007 10:06:49 PM   
MB Sports Net

I'm trying to set up a CFL league for my football simulations and I'm running into some really pesky issues.

#1. Even when I select no draft, it seems like it absolutely positively demands that there be a draft and ends up assigning players to teams. This means that I end up with 45 man rosters with 65 players on them, or 79, or 104 in one case. The only way around this appears to be to reset every time or remove the extra 40-50 players that MaxFB automatically decided to put on my team with NO WAY for me to say NO NO NO NO NO PLEASE DON'T EVER AUTOMATICALLY ADD A PLAYER TO A ROSTER!!! I don't want a draft, I don't want players automatically assigned. All this is doing is forcing me to release 40 players a season from each team

#2. Cpu vs. cpu live action games are offensive blowouts every time - the defense is quite frankly near non-existant as the score skyrockets into the 50-60 point range per side. Given that we tend to focus on the GM aspect and stick to that it means we can't watch our games, only simulate them, or else we'll end up with career totals for season totals.

#3. It'd be nice to have an option to turn retirements and injuries off - just sayin... this one is highly cosmetic. Not a big deal.

Just some things that may help make MFB a little better then it is already. That #1 one just drives me out of my mind. I don't want players added automatically, I'd rather assign them to teams that need players assigned instead of having teams end up with 100+ players. That one is just mind boggling at times.
Post #: 1
RE: Strange Occurances With 8 Team CFL League - 2/6/2007 2:26:45 AM   
garysorrell

Not sure what you are asking in #1. If you choose 'No Draft', it will add players to your teams once you start a new season. There has to be players on the teams. I assume if you wanted to create all the players yourself, you would have to do it before you hit 'New Season'.
As for size of roster, the teams do end up with a ton of players, but CPU controlled teams scale down after Training Camp, human controlled teams have to make cuts manually.

All I play, mostly, are CPUvCPU games. With all 3 rulesets, in spite of the variations, I get very reasonable results. I think a lot depends on the playbooks you use. I use the default playbooks, and also the nmleague college and pro playbooks from FBMAX. Also, I think playclock and quarter length can make a difference. 15min quarters and 25 or 30sec playclock would result in a lot of possessions I imagine.

(in reply to MB Sports Net)
Post #: 2
RE: Strange Occurances With 8 Team CFL League - 2/6/2007 4:49:08 AM   
MB Sports Net

Good call on the playclock, we have :25 running now, I'm going to run some tests with :45 and I think that will solve my issue.

So far as players being addedin #1, all of our teams are human controlled and our teams are real life based and will remain as such im perpetuem. The only players added to our league will be real life players, the only players leaving, real life retirements. I'd rather not have to manually transact 40-50 releases per team. I'd rather just make it not generate new players, or at least not assign them to teams, especially if the teams already have a full/legit roster. Just a personal preference, wish there was an option for it as obviously it works for most people the way it's supposed to. In my case, it's not very handy.

Thanks for the response though, the Playclock thing is working in the initial tests.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 3
RE: Strange Occurances With 8 Team CFL League - 2/6/2007 5:58:33 AM   
garysorrell

I see what you mean about the players. Thats actually not a bad idea, to be able to choose no draft/no autofill. Maybe David could add that as an option, along with no retirements or injuries.

Post #: 4
RE: Strange Occurances With 8 Team CFL League - 2/6/2007 6:08:54 AM   
Tbird

Injuries can be turned off just before you start a game

Also you can surpass training camp but you would need access or Open Office.

< Message edited by Tbird -- 2/6/2007 6:31:24 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: Strange Occurances With 8 Team CFL League - 2/7/2007 3:46:19 AM   
MB Sports Net

It so happens that I have Access and Open Office. Managed to figure some of that out today and made my way thru it. A very happy man I am.

Thanks guys!

I at least have a work around now. Hopefully I can manage to tweak my league to move between seasons without the computer knowing what I'm doing. Thanks.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Strange Occurances With 8 Team CFL League Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI