Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 12:59:41 AM   
Erik Rutins

Ok, everyone, it's ready!! The digital download version is live now and available through the Buy Now link in this forum or the Games page for Close Combat: Cross of Iron.

Here are a few answers to frequently asked questions about order options to get you started:

1. When will the boxed copies be available?

They are available now.

2. What is in the boxed copy?

Our new releases (and only our new releases) now also include a full color printed manual. This is the case for Close Combat: Cross of Iron as well. So, what you'll receive if you order a boxed copy is a full color printed DVD box, a full color printed CD with your serial number and order number printed on it and a full color printed manual.

3. Can I order the digital download now and "upgrade" to the boxed copy later?

No! Unfortunately. This is at the top of our list for future store improvements, but it can't be done now without a very involved manual process. Therefore, if you think you will want a boxed copy, our advice is to be patient and wait until that option is available in the store. If you order a digital download now, we will not be able to "upgrade" you to a boxed copy in the future.

Enjoy Close Combat: Cross of Iron and let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 3/28/2007 11:46:01 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 1:21:53 AM   
jukofyork

All that can be said is: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Juk :)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 1:43:30 AM   
KG_Absolute

Oh I feel so spoiled!  Just ordered FOUR copies via digital download at, can you believe it, $39.99!!! 

(in reply to jukofyork)
Post #: 3
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 1:48:28 AM   
Corporal_Remains

Can you get in line so to speak, and order the box copy now, so it ships on day one of shipping?

(in reply to jukofyork)
Post #: 4
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 1:49:17 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Corporal_Remains

Can you get in line so to speak, and order the box copy now, so it ships on day one of shipping?

Nope sorry.

(in reply to Corporal_Remains)
Post #: 5
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 1:51:52 AM   
Corporal_Remains

Wow! that was quick lol

thanks for the info

I'm in a hurry to give you my money ;)

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 6
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 1:55:23 AM   
Erik Rutins

Pre-order options for the physical copy should show up in the next couple of days, but tonight's release is download only.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 7
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 1:57:11 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Pre-order options for the physical copy should show up in the next couple of days, but tonight's release is download only.

Ah, a new shop feature I see.

Post #: 8
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 2:00:23 AM   
Corporal_Remains

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

Ah, a new shop feature I see.

Excellent, I'm warming up my credit card as we speak....

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 9
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 2:06:15 AM   
ArtilleryHorse

Wow, looks fantastic, downloading now, 60kb/sec??  Come on Matrix, you can afford to get ride of the hampster aqnd get a server with some juice I'm sure, at this snail pace game will take 4 hours to download, sux....

Post #: 10
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 2:07:40 AM   
Erik Rutins

We have plenty of bandwidth - even right now. Chances are something between you and our server is limiting the pipe.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ArtilleryHorse)
Post #: 11
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 2:45:08 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

quote:

For the first time, I find myself disappointed in y'alls distribution system.

I always buy both hard and download versions, one for my collection and the other so that I don't have to mess with a cdrom to play.

Now I shall have to wait until both are available to share my wealth with Matrix.

Please DON'T let this happen again!!!

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Government is the opiate of the masses.

Post #: 12
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 3:26:13 AM   
ArtilleryHorse

If I have 30 days to download, what is the website I go to for downloading?  I can't find any reference to it anywhere.  I am downloading at 57kb/sec as per my previous post.  I have extreme speed connection and a monster computer that down loads everything else at almost 1mb/sec.  So please pray tell me where I can go to get better speed than what I have, seeing that Matrix has indicated there is nothing wrong with their broadband.....

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 13
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 3:30:04 AM   
Erik Rutins

You can always re-download through www.findmyorder.com as long as you keep your order info handy.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 14
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 3:30:59 AM   
ArtilleryHorse

Great thankyou, because my order has jammed at 52%, hasn't moved in 5 minutes,

... downloading now from the info supplied by Erik, started downloading at 300kb, jammed at 25mb.... lovely, just lovely

< Message edited by kzone -- 2/13/2007 3:48:36 AM >

Post #: 15
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 3:38:53 AM   
Erik Rutins

If you are experiencing problems, you may want to try a download manager, such as www.stardownloader.com which many customers have reported as being a big help for large downloads.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 16
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 3:45:13 AM   
ArtilleryHorse

yes I should, thank you...

it just jammed again at 80mb, curiously I can download mediv total war at 5 gig, lol so much for your bandwidth...

Post #: 17
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 4:16:44 AM   
KG_Absolute

I purchased four copies and had no problem downloading, took about 21 minutes.  I have a cable connection.  For those that are having problems:
  1. Clean out your Internet cache
  2. Delete any .tmp files immediately.  (Use your Windows Explorer to do a search of files *.tmp)
  3. Reboot your computer and then start to download. 

Post #: 18
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 8:16:44 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Yay! YAY! HooRAY!

So glad to see this out. My son (8) just started playing CC5 with me, so now we have a nice shiny NEW game we can play together. As soon as that box version is available, you may happily take my money. (And use it to make a remake of CC2!!!)

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to KG_Absolute)
Post #: 19
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/13/2007 11:08:21 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

quote:

For the first time, I find myself disappointed in y'alls distribution system.

I always buy both hard and download versions, one for my collection and the other so that I don't have to mess with a cdrom to play.

Please DON'T let this happen again!!!

That is just how it is and always has been, since you are a regular poster on this forums you should now the procedure by now . The only option is to delay the availability of the download version for a week to release it synchronized with the physical product. Which is helping nobody.

Even with our CD versions you do not have to put the CD in the drive to be able to play.

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 20
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/14/2007 12:35:01 AM   
Cossack_13

quote:

3. Can I order the digital download now and "upgrade" to the boxed copy later?

No! Unfortunately. This is at the top of our list for future store improvements, but it can't be done now without a very involved manual process. Therefore, if you think you will want a boxed copy, our advice is to be patient and wait until that option is available in the store. If you order a digital download now, we will not be able to "upgrade" you to a boxed copy in the future.

Oh to heck with that, I'm going to buy both!!

Actually, I'll be buying several of the boxed sets to give to friends...unless they're cowards or something!

Post #: 21
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 2/16/2007 3:31:13 PM   
Field83

Sirs,
I must say i feel let down by this way of release. I got hold of my copy the first day when it was download only. As i recall no specific information on the store site was given at that time that an physical shipment would be available as well, though not shipped instantly. Apperantly you where supposed to look in the forum first?!

Today i see that you have an option to download and get the physical shipment when ready, which seems to be pretty soon as well..

I don't really see the point of releasing like this originally. I think it of course should have looked like you have now from day one, get the option to download at once and get the physical shipment when ready.

I really loved the old game so that was the reason i bought what was available at the time. But if i'd known that there was an physical shipment in the pipe including the printed manual for only about 10 Euro more, i would have waited for that option of course.

It is really a shame that you can't provide us that bought the game on day one a chance to get the additonal physical shipment to the additional price you now charge for that kind of a shipment.

The reworked game is very good and it almost worth paying again to get the physical copy. But then i would have spent almost 80 Euros on this game, which simple is way too much, no matter how good the game is.

Regards

(in reply to jukofyork)
Post #: 22
RE: Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! - 5/29/2008 1:24:11 AM   
thom

Very much enjoyed the Atomic Close combat series when it was out so I'm glad to see its return. Any chance other Atomic games will re-live? The V for Victory series for example? (Market Garden). I realize some of those titles were paid for by others (MS, Avalon Hill etc) The V for Victory series were very playable.
Thanks

Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Close Combat: Cross of Iron Now Available For Sale! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI