Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Keyboard Control Information

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Keyboard Control Information Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Keyboard Control Information - 2/16/2007 7:47:59 PM   
ArtD

David,

I have just tried to play my first game. I am using the keyboard to control the game in COACH mode. New Version 1.3.149

I cannot find anything in the new manual about which keys control which actions on the keyboard (or any other device for that matter, except some data in Section 10 about the Controller keys). I figured out some of the controls, but I could not determine how to call Time Out.

Please publish a complete list of controls for all controler options (keyboard, mouse, and game controller).

Or, please direct me to where this information is already published.

Thanks,

Art

< Message edited by Marauders -- 2/17/2007 12:10:51 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot Find Keyboard Control Info - 2/16/2007 9:10:23 PM   
David Winter

Hi.

Page 36 of the manual lists the input controls. They're the same for keyboard, mouse, and gamepad.

Thanks
David

(in reply to ArtD)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot Find Keyboard Control Info - 2/16/2007 10:05:40 PM   
ArtD

David,

Thanks - I see now that Page 36 does contain the data. I should have looked more closely at that page before sending the email. I am assuming that the numbers indicated respresent either keyboard or number pad numbers on the keyboard. Please advise if different.

Also, I note that the keyboard arrows will select formations/plays - seems to correspond to a D Pad ona controller.

I also noted that I could not select from among the full range of formations and/or plays in the Fun-N-Gun Playbook if I used the mouse, when compared to using the keyboard.

One more question - and this is one I have always wanted to ask a developer for a football game: Is the play result pre-determined based upon all game factors, then depicted on the field via the graphics? Or, does the play unfold as depicted with the results being determined as the play progresses graphically?

If my question is asking for "trade secret" data, please just say so and I'll understand.

Regards,

Art

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot Find Keyboard Control Info - 2/16/2007 10:24:27 PM   
David Winter

quote:

Thanks - I see now that Page 36 does contain the data. I should have looked more closely at that page before sending the email. I am assuming that the numbers indicated respresent either keyboard or number pad numbers on the keyboard. Please advise if different.

The numbers are the same for all devices. Button 1 on the mouse, is the same function as button 1 on a game controller and key 1 on the keyboard (space can also be used for key 1)

quote:

Also, I note that the keyboard arrows will select formations/plays - seems to correspond to a D Pad ona controller.

Yes, keyboard arrows perform that function (note this is not the number pad arrows, but the stand alone arrow keys).

quote:

I also noted that I could not select from among the full range of formations and/or plays in the Fun-N-Gun Playbook if I used the mouse, when compared to using the keyboard.

You need to click the little arrow buttons that change the formation pages if you're using the mouse. 

quote:

One more question - and this is one I have always wanted to ask a developer for a football game: Is the play result pre-determined based upon all game factors, then depicted on the field via the graphics? Or, does the play unfold as depicted with the results being determined as the play progresses graphically?

It's not a secret, but it depends completely on the game.

Many games perform the complete play result calculation and then present the result to the user. These play result calculations are based on various result tables and 'dice rolls'. While there are differences in exactly how this is done between them, most text based stats games work this way.

Maximum-Football is different. With Maximum-Football, the game does not know the end result of the play until the play is over. The player positions, the game physics, the user controls, everything effect the outcome of an individual play. No two plays ever have exactly the same outcome (although they're often close).

If, for example, the middle line backer lines up just a little further left than he did on the previous play (even if the defensive play called both times was the same), then he's going to have to run further, and possibly be out of position to miss a tackle he was able to make on the previous play.

If the quarter back takes a 1/4 second longer to find an open receiver than he did on the previous play, he may miss a target. Linemen become fatigued and may not be able to hold the block as long this play as he did the last. Etc...

Ball bounces are effected by physics so one fumble may bounce out of bounds whereas the last fumble bounced into the hands of a defender that was able to return it for a TD.

And obviously user controlled players (if played in arcade mode) can do whacky things that have big impacts on the play out come.

The game does not have any way to know the outcome of a play at the snap of the ball. Everything that happens on the field, is unique each time.

(in reply to ArtD)
Post #: 4
RE: Cannot Find Keyboard Control Info - 2/16/2007 10:34:37 PM   
ArtD

David,

Thanks for enlightening me. I am just getting in to Maximum Football so I'm looking forward to working with the game and to watching the development of the game as it progresses.

As I go forward, my interest will be to learn how to use the game physics and player settings to create teams and leagues to simulate college-level play. I also will be developing plays and takng advantage of plays developed by others.

Regards,

Art

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Keyboard Control Information Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI