Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command Center options not working?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Command Center options not working? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command Center options not working? - 2/17/2007 2:04:06 AM   
downtown

When I open the COI Command Center and click on either Battle HQ or Mod Swap nothing happens.
Can someone tell me what should be happening?
Post #: 1
RE: Command Center options not working? - 2/17/2007 2:06:04 AM   
Erik Rutins

Can you confirm that you allowed the full second installer to complete and install the Java VM and other components?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to downtown)
Post #: 2
RE: Command Center options not working? - 2/17/2007 2:11:14 AM   
downtown

I just tested the Java VM using the Java website and I saw the dancing penguin. However, I do recall that I had a couple of dialogs pop up and even had a virus detection which, since I was so anxious to get started with the game, I just clicked thru. I have tried the first 3 boot camps so far and they seem to be working fine. The linking to either the single player or multiplayer servers is another matter.

(in reply to downtown)
Post #: 3
RE: Command Center options not working? - 2/17/2007 2:42:36 AM   
downtown

I just did a reinstall and detailed the errors I got in an Installation errors
topic. However, the second install worked this time and I am now able to open
both Battle HQ and Mod Swap.

(in reply to downtown)
Post #: 4
RE: Command Center options not working? - 2/17/2007 5:04:31 AM   
Randall Grubb

Clarification. The msjavmu.exe that is an option in the installer and is also available in the Close Combat III\Support folder is not a Sun Java file. It is the old Microsoft Virtual Machine installer from prior to the lawsuit of Sun Java against Microsoft. After the lawsuit, Microsoft removed its VM ware and used Sun Java's instead on its websites.

Unfortunately, many small applications and utilities had been made by people that relied on Microsoft's version. There are several mod and map making tools for CC that are that way. The makers of most of those tools have long ago drifted off to other hobbies or pursuits and their tools have not been updated.

One can have both the old Microsoft version as well as the latest version from Sun Java on their machines. They do not conflict in any way.

< Message edited by Senior Drill -- 2/17/2007 5:18:45 AM >

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to downtown)
Post #: 5
RE: Command Center options not working? - 2/17/2007 5:29:45 AM   
Randall Grubb

One other thing.

If anyone does not accept the default install of CoI to C:\Program Files\Close Combat and instead changes the drive or folder, the buttons for Battle HQ and ModSwap will not function. Will not function.

It ain't right, it ain't how it is supposed to be, but it is the way it is. I've scoured the regisrty, ripped apart all kinds of files and .exe's looking for a way to hack it to a user friendly and drive and folder immaterial state but have had no luck as yet.

This WILL need to be address and relaxed in a patch. Or I will put the Simtek version up in the CSO downloads, which does not have these ridiculous constraints and is easily modded by the user.

Fair warning, Matrix.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to Randall Grubb)
Post #: 6
RE: Command Center options not working? - 2/17/2007 7:54:19 PM   
David Heath

quote:

ORIGINAL: Senior Drill

One other thing.

If anyone does not accept the default install of CoI to C:\Program Files\Close Combat and instead changes the drive or folder, the buttons for Battle HQ and ModSwap will not function. Will not function.

It ain't right, it ain't how it is supposed to be, but it is the way it is. I've scoured the regisrty, ripped apart all kinds of files and .exe's looking for a way to hack it to a user friendly and drive and folder immaterial state but have had no luck as yet.

This WILL need to be address and relaxed in a patch. Or I will put the Simtek version up in the CSO downloads, which does not have these ridiculous constraints and is easily modded by the user.

Fair warning, Matrix.

Hi Randy

You seems to be missing a lot of facts here and you should try to refrain from posting until you talk to the President of CSO-Simtek Shaun Wallace.

David Heath

(in reply to Randall Grubb)
Post #: 7
RE: Command Center options not working? - 2/17/2007 9:49:42 PM   
Andrew Williams

I installed mine to my external E: drive and all functions work as they should.

ModSwap and BHQ won't work if you don't allow the second part of the installer

< Message edited by schrecken -- 2/17/2007 10:03:26 PM >

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 8
RE: Command Center options not working? - 2/17/2007 10:21:48 PM   
Marc von Martial

Same here. It sits on my e: drive and works like a charm.

And actually this was tested extensively by developer QA and publisher QA. Also we have no single customer stating that it does not work if not installed to C:/.

The fixed "Program files" path is an requirement to make everything work as it should. This is more a case for the subtools that come with COI.

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 2/17/2007 10:37:34 PM >

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 9
RE: Command Center options not working? - 2/17/2007 11:26:56 PM   
Shaun Wallace

Hi All,

The drive path and install was dictated by the apps that needed to be installed alongside CoI. This was a developer call and to change it would have caused some major rework. As developers Simtek it was Simteks call to define the default install patchs etc. Yes it would have been simpler to have it another way from an end user point of view but we had to make the call as to use a simple install path without the complications and (non-working) that user chouce would have permiitted. As stated above it works great installed to even external drives, its simply the path that has to be maintained. This was our call as developer.

All patches related to the game will be downloaded and approved by Matrix as they are the publisher. We will of course have mods and patches on the CSO site, but official patches will be released here first before being added to downlaods at Simtek, or simply via online-update service.

Sulla

Nec amicus officium nec hostis iniuriam mihi intulit, quo in toto non reddidi. - Sulla
----------------------
http://www.closecombat.org/csoforums/portal.php

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 10
RE: Command Center options not working? - 2/18/2007 1:10:51 AM   
Beeblebrox

One thing that strikes me as odd is the contention that user customisable installation paths is in some way more convenient for Modders.  I would suggest that it is quite the opposite.  By far the friendliest setup is one that is the same on every installation.  The Mod then only needs to deal with one structure.

This issue (about user customisable installation paths) was brought to my attention before release.  I have been viewing the feedback to see what sort of response there is.  From what I have seen so far, it seems to be a concern for a few, and at least a don't care from the rest.  I guess the fact it (CoI) works and is on the whole stable is good enough for them.  For me, they key all along was stability versus time.

< Message edited by Beeblebrox -- 2/18/2007 1:24:14 AM >

(in reply to Shaun Wallace)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Command Center options not working? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI