Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

*List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
*List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/17/2007 7:10:21 AM   
Masked Gunman

I've been playing the new game for over 40 hours now, and I'm glad to be playing Close Combat again. But I have noticed quite a few mistakes, big and small, along the way. I'm sure I'll discover more, so I am dedicating a thread to all glitches/errors/inconveniences so that MatrixGames can hopefully fix them up in a patch. If you find more errors, please add them to this thread so that MatrixGames will take notice.

LIST OF ERRORS (so far)

(1) In CoI Grand Campaign, the second battle of the second operation only has German victory locations at the beginning. Therefore, depending on the game settings, you will automatically lose this battle or have 2 minutes to capture one victory location before losing. Of course, the opposite happens if you are German.
(2) In CoI Grand Campaign, the first battle of the second operation has its map awkwardly stretched to the point that you cannot make any sense out of it. This is true for a few other maps as well. (Some are only slightly distorted while others, like this one, is pretty messed up.)
(3) Incorrect action of firearms. I only observed this in the Russian Tokarev TT33, but this may be happening in other weapons. The TT33 is a semiautomatic pistol; no reloading is necessary in between shots. Instead, you reload after emptying an 8-round magazine. In CCCoI, soldiers reload after each shot; this was not the case in CCIII.
(4) The German engineer team (Pioniere) carries a flamethrower but such weapon is not listed in the unit description.
(5) The Russian SU-76t's icon is the same as the German StuG IIIG's icon. Not only do they look different, the fact that the SU-76t's "icon" is facing right (as with all other German vehicles) instead of left (as with all other Russian vehicles) makes it very confusing.
(6) When a group of units is ordered to move (I have experienced this a few times when fast-moving a group of tanks), after all the units move to their respective destinations, sometimes only one of the purple dots will disappear and only that corresponding unit will report in. The others will still have their dots intact, and will not report the fact that they have completed movement (and are in fact sitting on top of the dot).
(7) The smoke-ammo count for the German light mortar decreases from 40 to 30, then 20, 19, 18, 17, 16... after each single smoke shot.
(8) I don't see why units should be listed as Cossack or not as their main titles. For example, when I hover over a Cossack Light Mortar, it'll show as "Cossack Mortar." The problem is that the Cossack part tells you nothing strategically--if I see that, I want to know whether the mortar is light, medium, or heavy (which is the part of the name if it is not Cossack). Furthermore, this style of nomenclature is not duplicated for German SS units.
(9) The background noise contains confusing elements. The background noise when it's not snowy used to be relatively tranquil in CCIII (dogs barking, birds chirping, rustling, etc.) The new background noise is great, with explosions and war-like sounds and all, but does it make sense to have part of the background noise the sound of a machine gun? If it is being fired outside the map, it shouldn't be that loud, and the noise is identical to that of one of the German machine guns (I cannot pinpoint which one yet), making me look for combat on the map when in fact nothing is happening.
(10) Grammar, typographical, and style errors in text. The new text has quite a few typos and grammatical errors. The grammatical mistakes in new unit descriptions are abundant and annoying, making it look unprofessional (e.g., German PzI Command tank). The phrase "lend-lease" sometimes appears as two separate unhyphenated words, where, in fact, being used as an adjective, the hyphenation is necessary. The German Tiger (Panzerkampfwagen VI) and SS Tiger tanks, despite being identical units, have differing descriptions. Sometimes, two spaces are added in between words and sentences (it's generally okay to add two spaces after a sentence, but in the majority of the game, there is only one space after a sentence). In the CoI Grand Campaign operational briefing, there is an instance where an extra line is added in between paragraphs. As a side note, is it necessary to give the historical context of the use of new units (e.g., how many were lend-leased, whether they were the mainstay unit or not)? I'd rather prefer notes of tactical use, and this was the case with all descriptions in CCIII, making the new historical-based descriptions out of line.
Post #: 1
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/17/2007 8:36:27 AM   
Randall Grubb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Masked Gunman

I've been playing the new game for over 40 hours now, and I'm glad to be playing Close Combat again. But I have noticed quite a few mistakes, big and small, along the way. I'm sure I'll discover more, so I am dedicating a thread to all glitches/errors/inconveniences so that MatrixGames can hopefully fix them up in a patch. If you find more errors, please add them to this thread so that MatrixGames will take notice.

LIST OF ERRORS (so far)

Or simply your opinions.

quote:

(1) In CoI Grand Campaign, the second battle of the second operation only has German victory locations at the beginning. Therefore, depending on the game settings, you will automatically lose this battle or have 2 minutes to capture one victory location before losing. Of course, the opposite happens if you are German.

This is not an error, it is deliberate. Move out quiclky and decisively or die. Live it or live with it; these will not be changed.

quote:

(2) In CoI Grand Campaign, the first battle of the second operation has its map awkwardly stretched to the point that you cannot make any sense out of it. This is true for a few other maps as well. (Some are only slightly distorted while others, like this one, is pretty messed up.)

This is not an error. This is due to your own resolution settings and is not endemic to the game. Change your resoultions settings.

quote:

(3) Incorrect action of firearms. I only observed this in the Russian Tokarev TT33, but this may be happening in other weapons. The TT33 is a semiautomatic pistol; no reloading is necessary in between shots. Instead, you reload after emptying an 8-round magazine. In CCCoI, soldiers reload after each shot; this was not the case in CCIII.

Bull. The TT33 has a reload chamber of .2 seconds and a magazine load time of .5 seconds. Your particular Russian was either supressed or pinned. Show me otherwise.

quote:

(4) The German engineer team (Pioniere) carries a flamethrower but such weapon is not listed in the unit description.

Highly doubt this. It is the crew served weapon for the 8th soldier in the team. Do you have a screenshot?

quote:

(5) The Russian SU-76t's icon is the same as the German StuG IIIG's icon. Not only do they look different, the fact that the SU-76t's "icon" is facing right (as with all other German vehicles) instead of left (as with all other Russian vehicles) makes it very confusing.

Again, not an error. This is explained in the Release notes and is due to the imitations of available icons.

quote:

(6) When a group of units is ordered to move (I have experienced this a few times when fast-moving a group of tanks), after all the units move to their respective destinations, sometimes only one of the purple dots will disappear and only that corresponding unit will report in. The others will still have their dots intact, and will not report the fact that they have completed movement (and are in fact sitting on top of the dot).

I highly doubt the veracity of this one. This has never been observed in testing, or, I might add, ever in CC3. That part of the code was not touched. Please supply a screenshot and full description of actions.

quote:

(7) The smoke-ammo count for the German light mortar decreases from 40 to 30, then 20, 19, 18, 17, 16... after each single smoke shot.

Interesting. Is this a game error or obsever error? The 5cm mortar has only 30 rounds of smoke to begin with, yet you see 40, which the data cannot possibly produce under any circumstances.

Please tell me more, and you need to back it up with screenshots.

quote:

(8) I don't see why units should be listed as Cossack or not as their main titles. For example, when I hover over a Cossack Light Mortar, it'll show as "Cossack Mortar." The problem is that the Cossack part tells you nothing strategically--if I see that, I want to know whether the mortar is light, medium, or heavy (which is the part of the name if it is not Cossack). Furthermore, this style of nomenclature is not duplicated for German SS units.

Now, are you saying this is an error, or is this just simply your opinion of editorial style? Are you aware of the charater limits within the three different descriptions? And do you bother to learn your forces in the Battle Group screen? Or is it that you are objecting to a lack of the unit weapons information scoping out the enemy units when using "See all Enemy" and "Have full Enemy Intel" settings? If so, tough stuff.

quote:

(9) The background noise contains confusing elements. The background noise when it's not snowy used to be relatively tranquil in CCIII (dogs barking, birds chirping, rustling, etc.) The new background noise is great, with explosions and war-like sounds and all, but does it make sense to have part of the background noise the sound of a machine gun? If it is being fired outside the map, it shouldn't be that loud, and the noise is identical to that of one of the German machine guns (I cannot pinpoint which one yet), making me look for combat on the map when in fact nothing is happening.

Foul! This is not an error, it is personal opinon. The sounds are the sounds and provide the ambiance of the rest of the battle that is going on all around your little band of heros. And I had the sound guy shoot that frickin' barking dog, and I am proud of it.

quote:

(10) Grammar, typographical, and style errors in text. The new text has quite a few typos and grammatical errors. The grammatical mistakes in new unit descriptions are abundant and annoying, making it look unprofessional (e.g., German PzI Command tank). The phrase "lend-lease" sometimes appears as two separate unhyphenated words, where, in fact, being used as an adjective, the hyphenation is necessary. The German Tiger (Panzerkampfwagen VI) and SS Tiger tanks, despite being identical units, have differing descriptions. Sometimes, two spaces are added in between words and sentences (it's generally okay to add two spaces after a sentence, but in the majority of the game, there is only one space after a sentence). In the CoI Grand Campaign operational briefing, there is an instance where an extra line is added in between paragraphs. As a side note, is it necessary to give the historical context of the use of new units (e.g., how many were lend-leased, whether they were the mainstay unit or not)? I'd rather prefer notes of tactical use, and this was the case with all descriptions in CCIII, making the new historical-based descriptions out of line.

Grammer and typograchical are expected. Please note any suggested corrections by nationality and team type. If not is a patch, they can certainly be included in a plugin update.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to Masked Gunman)
Post #: 2
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/17/2007 4:56:03 PM   
LarryP

Wow. Anyways...

Can your sound guy come out to my neighborhood and shoot the two barking dogs behind our house? I hate them too, and when I hear barking dogs in a game I get ticked off!

(in reply to Randall Grubb)
Post #: 3
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/17/2007 5:47:47 PM   
Beeblebrox

No slack! as the sig says   Mind you, if someone believes that they have hassles with the game, they should say it, and the Devil take the hindmost.  However, they also must explain it

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 4
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/17/2007 6:03:19 PM   
LitFuel

I don't have it yet, waiting for the boxed copy but are the old sounds still in one of the folders?..I don't have the old CC3 anymore , is there a way to put the dog, etc...back in?

(in reply to Beeblebrox)
Post #: 5
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/17/2007 6:48:20 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: LitFuel

I don't have it yet, waiting for the boxed copy ...

Hey, you can preorder now. If you choose the "physical+download" combo you get the boxed sent when they come from the printer but you can instantly download and play too

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 6
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/17/2007 7:13:24 PM   
berto72

Hi to all CC community, and really thanks to Matrix for Cross of Iron and to CSO, that along those years worked hard between difficulties to give us a superb support server.(but where are finish cso Mzone players ?)
Very happy to see CC3 survided as its own time not only as a great classic but as a game unique in its kind, decide to exchange some think about this re-relase (surely not in the best english)
Im Berto ’72, this is my 8 years as cc3 net player (mainly Real Red & West Front, battle or 3 days ops), about 1-2 conn. at week (Mzone, now Gspy)

Ambient sounds – me and other long time players thinks background explosions and muzzle make game very immersive, but less playable.
Infact sounds are very important do detect type and position of hidden mortars, guns and tanks, or focus to a tank in danger  when hear shell bounce, and those “out action” sounds draw attention and deconcentrate.
Someone could suggest that they simulate chaos of battle. Ok, why sometime don’t play blind few minutes to simulate close granate explosion?
I think explosions and muzzle in background could be good only at low volume or anyway clearly heared far as “out of operation zone”.
Just an opinion of long time veteran H2H players? little made this game great, little could make unplayable.
Waitin long to buy CoI, but if sound is like Gunman say, i will continue to play mine CC3 real red until someone work on a right sounds...
Senior drill, you like chaos while play a game similar to chess ? just pump up the volume of your favorite CD...

Berto 72

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 7
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/17/2007 7:37:54 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: LitFuel
is there a way to put the dog, etc...back in?

No, the dogs dead!

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 8
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/18/2007 1:16:46 AM   
Beeblebrox

Edit the Sound file or swap the CoI Sounds file with the original CC3 Sounds file if you really want the dog...

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 9
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/18/2007 1:46:25 AM   
Boar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Senior Drill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Masked Gunman

LIST OF ERRORS (so far)

Or simply your opinions.

Ha! Well.

quote:

quote:

Now, are you saying this is an error, or is this just simply your opinion of editorial style? Are you aware of the charater limits within the three different descriptions? And do you bother to learn your forces in the Battle Group screen? Or is it that you are objecting to a lack of the unit weapons information scoping out the enemy units when using "See all Enemy" and "Have full Enemy Intel" settings? If so, tough stuff.

Now ... that's a bit harsh, isn't it?

quote:

quote:

Grammer and typograchical are expected. Please note any suggested corrections by nationality and team type. If not is a patch, they can certainly be included in a plugin update.

We have to list grammatical and typographical errors by nationality? What kind of facist stuff is this help desk staff made of?

(in reply to Randall Grubb)
Post #: 10
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/18/2007 2:17:35 AM   
Andrew Williams

We want to know where you come from so we can evaluate your worth...LOL!!

(in reply to Boar)
Post #: 11
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/18/2007 6:21:34 AM   
old man of the sea

I think the Drill needs fewer lessons from me, and maybe a beer or two.

E

"Point me to a 'civilised' part of the General Forum and I'll steer way clear of it." - Soddball

Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I never have been able to make out the numbers.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 12
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/18/2007 6:41:54 AM   
Andrew Williams

He's misplaced his happy pills at the moment.... should be found in the \support folder.

(in reply to old man of the sea)
Post #: 13
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/19/2007 4:21:38 AM   
LitFuel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beeblebrox

Edit the Sound file or swap the CoI Sounds file with the original CC3 Sounds file if you really want the dog...

Well that was my point, I don't have the original CC3 anymore, and was hoping the original sounds were left in a folder someplace on the COI disc to swap or available in a plug in folder at CSO or something, Seems like it wouldn't be a big deal for someone to do that for the people who want less of the new background noise stuff. Please? Newer isn't always better

(in reply to Beeblebrox)
Post #: 14
RE: *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences - 2/19/2007 5:30:43 AM   
D6Veteran

I agree that the background noises should not confuse those sounds on the immediate battlefield. But I love the ambient noises otherwise.

< Message edited by D6Veteran -- 2/19/2007 5:44:44 AM >

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> *List of All Glitches/Errors/Inconveniences Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI