Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hotseat battle BUG, ver 2.3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hotseat battle BUG, ver 2.3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hotseat battle BUG, ver 2.3 - 8/17/2000 2:43:00 AM   
simba7

Everytime I play a hotseat battle, the game dies after a couple of minutes. the more units we use, the sooner it happens. I've got a P266MMX with 64M and WIN98SE. Can anyone help? we had similiar problems with version 1.0 but only if we used alot of units. in ver2.3 it doesn't work with even one company per side. ------------------ simba7

simba7
Post #: 1
- 8/17/2000 7:43:00 PM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by simba7: Everytime I play a hotseat battle, the game dies after a couple of minutes...
May I ask what do you mean by "dies"? Does it crash and go back to the desktop, freeze, etc. Twice I've found my battle partily frozen. I could select units, save, etc. but no units would move. This was with C&C off and even the A0 would not move. I was able to save the battle, exit it (but not the whole game), load and start the battle and all was well. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to simba7)
Post #: 2
- 8/19/2000 3:01:00 AM   
simba7

Dies, as the game just exits to the desktop.

simba7

(in reply to simba7)
Post #: 3
- 8/19/2000 4:26:00 AM   
Rhone

I got to turn 6 of my first battle in a grand campaign and was booted to the desktop while the Vichy French (AI in this case) were moving units. I think before I get to engrossed in playing, I will have to set up a rule where I save the game prior to ending my turn. Perhaps an auto-save after turns in future versions will be made available. That would be nice if it's not to difficult.

(in reply to simba7)
Post #: 4
- 8/19/2000 4:30:00 AM   
Seth

I kept having that problem. Paul suggested I turn the screensaver off. I did, and it hasn't crashed again. Now I do, at about 1 AM I must be getting old, I should be able to go until 4 at least.

(in reply to simba7)
Post #: 5
- 8/20/2000 5:57:00 AM   
simba7

quote:

Originally posted by Seth: [B]I kept having that problem. Paul suggested I turn the screensaver off. I did, and it hasn't crashed again...
I don't ever use a screensaver (cause my burner crushes if I do...) so I don't think that's the problem. :-( ------------------ simba7 [This message has been edited by simba7 (edited August 19, 2000).]

simba7

(in reply to simba7)
Post #: 6
- 8/20/2000 8:32:00 AM   
Rhone

I had two crashes (or boots to the desktop to be more precise). After heeding the warning about the screen saver, I turned it off, and completed the beach assault against Vichy France in Morrocco in 22 turns without another crash. Might be something to it. But I still save at the end of my turn and at the end of the AI's turn....for good measure....now it's off to fight Germans!

(in reply to simba7)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hotseat battle BUG, ver 2.3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI