Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are You For Real?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Are You For Real? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 8:32:02 AM   
Marines

As a lond time CC fan, I find this a bit hard too post this. Not only does the download take a insane amount of time, especially regarding my upload speed, and the download speed of the server in question. All of that aside, the game is totally unstable. I've received more CTDs regarding this sim than any game before. Did you people actually run stability tests before it was released?
Post #: 1
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 8:47:33 AM   
tigercub

i have pay for it installed and playing it its all been very good for me!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Marines)
Post #: 2
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 8:53:52 AM   
Thrash

Looks like we have here full of bugs game and this is for only 40$.

ohh thx Matrix Games

(in reply to Marines)
Post #: 3
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 8:57:01 AM   
Randall Grubb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thrash

ohh thx Matrix Games

You haven't played it, have you? What a maroon.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to Thrash)
Post #: 4
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 9:01:48 AM   
e_barkmann

downloaded within an hour, installed perfectly, have been playing for about 5 hours and completely stable.

Suggestion:

1. Get a good ISP

2. Get a good computer

cheers

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Randall Grubb)
Post #: 5
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 9:56:33 AM   
Hertston

No stability issues here.  Maybe you could try posting specific bug reports and system & O/S specs?

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 6
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 10:00:27 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marines

As a lond time CC fan, I find this a bit hard too post this. Not only does the download take a insane amount of time, especially regarding my upload speed, and the download speed of the server in question. All of that aside, the game is totally unstable. I've received more CTDs regarding this sim than any game before. Did you people actually run stability tests before it was released?

Please post a DirectX dialog file.

CTDs right from within the game? Can you be more specific?

As for the download speed. Well, that could be the fault of any hop between your computer and the download server. there is plenty of bandwidth available.

(in reply to Marines)
Post #: 7
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 10:54:51 AM   
Thrash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Senior Drill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thrash

ohh thx Matrix Games

You haven't played it, have you? What a maroon.

No, because I want download this game from emule or torrent before I buy it. When I read about all problems (stability, installer and example with "Program Files" folder, appearance of CSO Site (very low quality) and other things) I'm very disappointed and I must test this game first. Sorry, but CCIII: The Russian Front is one of the best game (and CC1 & CC2) and CC:CoI looks like a downspiral in quality. Not for 40$.

Post #: 8
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 11:20:07 AM   
Terminus

Oh, so you want to steal it, and then maybe you'll buy it... Idiot.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Thrash)
Post #: 9
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 11:20:15 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

You want to test the game by stealing it? Is that right? But if you like it you are going to delete your illegal version and buy it? Yeah, sure you are. What is your address and name and I will make sure you get what you need. Round here we deal with folks like you straight up. I personally like wargames and matrix and really don't want them to lose a nickel to a thief like you.

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Thrash)
Post #: 10
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 11:25:29 AM   
Marc von Martial

Don't feed the trolls.

We have IP logging for some reason here

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 11
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 11:44:06 AM   
Thrash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

But if you like it you are going to delete your illegal version and buy it?

Exactly.

BTW
I have oryginal CC1, CC2 , CC3 ,CC4 x 2, CC5 x2, CCM and I'm big fan of this series. I want buy CC:CoI, but in box version.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 12
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 11:48:17 AM   
Andrew Williams

Thrash it's simple.

CoI is CC3 but better.

(in reply to Thrash)
Post #: 13
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 4:47:44 PM   
LarryP

I'm considered a picky person and I have been playing this game for hours, online and single player offline. I have not found but one little niggle and it is just a text issue with one commanders name. The game has been flawless! Of the 20+ games I have downloaded from Matrix, the speed averages 450+ (cable modem). It took 15 minutes to download CCCOI.

One other thing I have to add... as far as I am concerned the manuals alone are worth the $40 I spent. Great job Matrix! I love a good manual and I have a pile of them with this one game.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 2/14/2007 5:02:12 PM >

(in reply to Thrash)
Post #: 14
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 5:14:03 PM   
ravinhood

Where would you like your brownie button sent LarryP? ;)

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 15
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 5:17:40 PM   
LarryP

Oh, just take $20 off my next game.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 16
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/14/2007 5:28:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, it was extensively stability tested, enough for us to know that what you are reporting is completely unusual. We need to get a DxDiag from you in order to find out what is causing this on your system. As you can see from other posts here, it's rock solid for everyone else.

Our store servers have bandwidth to spare, any download speed issues usually come down to ISPs or intermediate hops between the customer's computer and our server. You might be surprised just how many such issues there can be. Over a clean connection with no intermediate hop issues, our servers can max out most connections.

Having watched the launch, I can say that there was no point where we were in danger of running out of bandwidth, either server-based or connection-based and I don't foresee that happening anytime in the future.

Please post a DxDiag for us, we would definitely like to help solve whatever problems you are experiencing.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 17
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/16/2007 8:22:47 PM   
lugosi

I, too, have played the game many times, and, aside from not really knowing how to get a multi-player game set up, (I REALLY should consult the docs!! ), there is no problem. This is a really great game, and, to the thieves out there........

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 18
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/17/2007 8:49:32 AM   
ANZAC_Tack

i was on the testing team,
i went over this dam thing for hundrens of hours, played both GCs twice, as both sides!

i played CCIII for like 5 years, i know my ****!

the final release was awsome, i could not fault it!
only minour problem was for my laptop,for some reason i had to set to win98 compatibility(command centre icon),it now works like a dream.

If this game was to have my name in the credits, i darn well made sure it was no donkey like  CCV original was. thats why i was so pleased to ...finally see its release, and maybe i thinks i delayed it by a few weeks from some things i found pre release...better late and right, then rushed and patches needed!

ANZAC_Tack

(in reply to lugosi)
Post #: 19
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/17/2007 10:46:40 AM   
Randall Grubb

Yah, OK, tack. Iffins yous so proud, howcomes yeh wouldn't lets us use yer real name in da creditses, assumings we coulda spelt it correctly?

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to ANZAC_Tack)
Post #: 20
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/17/2007 11:22:28 AM   
old man of the sea

if you find out what his name is you can make a "Real Name" mod.

E

"Point me to a 'civilised' part of the General Forum and I'll steer way clear of it." - Soddball

Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I never have been able to make out the numbers.

Post #: 21
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/17/2007 12:15:46 PM   
Andrew Williams

I think we did...look carefully

(in reply to old man of the sea)
Post #: 22
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/17/2007 2:03:15 PM   
e_barkmann

note to h2h players - avoid Anzac_tack if you're after a victory, looks like he used his 5 years of play testing well :-)

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 23
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/18/2007 4:43:08 AM   
ANZAC_Tack

real names suck because:
nobody knows who the hell i am, as i have never 'done' anything lol.(unlike say ross, we all know as future,who had done many things,mainly being the 2IC of anzac clan for some time!)
i hade my 'real name' on the CCM4/5/raf gear, but i found it 'wholly unsatisfying', like anybody who know who the guy was! like like they call me and say, 'hay ur a tester, nice job', with anzac_tack at least players may....know i done 'my bit' to make the dam thing right!

and spel check is for LOSERS! what a waste of time and effort!

funny thing is, many other testers liked it, and also had there nick names added!
it came from my old job the tack bit, short for the mad tackelberry from police academy, just because me and fewothers bought our firearms to work for 'show and tell' some crazys actually used the workshop for .22 practice! , no i didnt fire me old .45 para ord, bit noisy!

ANZAC_Tack

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 24
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/18/2007 10:00:23 AM   
Q.M

We know who ya are Tack, thats what counts mate!!

(in reply to ANZAC_Tack)
Post #: 25
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/18/2007 10:09:09 AM   
Andrew Williams

We know who ya are Tack, thats why we're scared mate!!

(in reply to Q.M)
Post #: 26
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/20/2007 5:10:57 AM   
smearedonbread

quote:

ORIGINAL: ANZAC_Tack

real names suck because:
nobody knows who the hell i am, as i have never 'done' anything lol.(unlike say ross, we all know as future,who had done many things,mainly being the 2IC of anzac clan for some time!)
i hade my 'real name' on the CCM4/5/raf gear, but i found it 'wholly unsatisfying', like anybody who know who the guy was! like like they call me and say, 'hay ur a tester, nice job', with anzac_tack at least players may....know i done 'my bit' to make the dam thing right!

and spel check is for LOSERS! what a waste of time and effort!

funny thing is, many other testers liked it, and also had there nick names added!
it came from my old job the tack bit, short for the mad tackelberry from police academy, just because me and fewothers bought our firearms to work for 'show and tell' some crazys actually used the workshop for .22 practice! , no i didnt fire me old .45 para ord, bit noisy!

Uh. Wow. I guess they allow patients access to computers in mental institutions nowadays.....
Anyway, over the past several days I have been strongly considering purchasing Cross of Iron. I decided to wait a few days and read the CoI forum to get a feel on how the game has been received. So far, great feedback.
In fact, I now plan on buying the download in the coming days thanks to Senior Drill's and KG Erwin's feedback. Damn you! This will dig into my Uncommon Valor and TOAW 3 playing time.
__________________________________________________________________________________

"and spel check is for LOSERS! what a waste of time and effort!" <----Now that's comedy!

(in reply to ANZAC_Tack)
Post #: 27
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/20/2007 7:18:48 AM   
RD_Roach

Had a chance today to try CoI online in BHQ,runs very stable,looked good to on my newer comp set at 1440x900 res. Also played a MMCC AI battle(after some reconfigurin,and opening ports)
It deployed me on a hill with little in the way of antitank capability(my fault for not bringing some,i musta been ) ,with the Germans having armor,it didnt take long before they sent a Tank and infantry sqaud right for the only VL i had ,thus exposing my troops ,and was promptly chewed up by the 2 other Tanks.

The Ai beat me

Ive played CC4 and CC5 for years,owned CC3 but never really played it,but i can see a big difference in the pathing,and deffinilty a stronger AI,not intelligent(like me not bringing AT weapons lol) but better for sure. Looking forward to the rest of the rerelease,s.

Long time CC fan.

(in reply to smearedonbread)
Post #: 28
RE: Are You For Real? - 2/20/2007 7:33:00 AM   
ANZAC_Tack

"Uh. Wow. I guess they allow patients access to computers in mental institutions nowadays..... "

..............its called 'Australia'...Convicts and loonies,and proud of it!

give me ur BHQ name, ill show u how "my russians" CAN fight!, u can meet Mr flamethrower,and mr 57mm,my personal favourites. took a king tiger and ferdinand with both weapons,H2H not just dumb old AI.

ANZAC_Tack

(in reply to RD_Roach)
Post #: 29
RE: Are You For Real? - 3/15/2012 8:19:28 AM   
US Brake

quote:

ORIGINAL: ANZAC_Tack

i was on the testing team,
i went over this dam thing for hundrens of hours, played both GCs twice, as both sides!

i played CCIII for like 5 years, i know my ****!

This explains alot.

Why so many bugs were missed.

(in reply to ANZAC_Tack)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Are You For Real? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI