Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/20/2007 1:43:24 AM   
SMK-at-work

Frank has just given permission to post AAR's here using the "old" graphics (I have no idea what the "new" ones are - or even that there was going to be any!)

I'm a PBEM game with ejs using the Nov 9 version so I'm trying to include a screenshot of the European thetre as it stands in Sept-Oct 1916. This is a shot of the whole of Europe, obviously. I'll do some theatre shots showing details later - you can see a few units in Prussia on the right of the screen.

The French have surrendered, but that effort allowed the Russians to make considerable advances into Prussia and Galicia, and even a sneaky little probe into Austria that I only just noticed but which is now being cut off. The British retain a foothold at Rouen, but have shipped most of their troops to Italy, and I'm expecting some to start arriving in Russia too.

The German counterattack in Prussia has just started and large numbers of Russians are in danger of being isolated.

The Russians have pushed far along the Turkish black sea coast and to Mosul (not visible of the south of the map), but the Turks built themselves a transport force and have landed troops at all the major Russian Black sea cities in retaliation!

The Italian front sees some too and fro - the British have captured Trieste, but seem to have died to a man in doing so....

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/20/2007 4:40:04 PM   
sol_invictus

Excellent, finally a screenshot and some info! With France out in 1916, I don't fancy the Triple Entente's prospects.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 2
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/20/2007 5:12:09 PM   
Wooglin

Thank you for the update!
Like most here, I have been lurking and following this development for years.

Couple of questions:

What countries are human controlled in this PBEM game? I assume you control Germ and Aus but you imply that the Ottoman Empire was acting on its own.

Specifically, was France (now dead), Ottoman Empire (executing amphious cutoff) and Russia (over extending) human or AI?

Can you share the date and circumstances of France's capitulation?

Thanks again!

- w

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 3
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/20/2007 6:29:43 PM   
7th Somersets

In the game there are two sides -

The Triple Entente - France, Britain, Russia, Serbia and any other countries that may join like Belgium, the USA, Italy and Greece.

The Central Powers - Germany, Austro-Hungary, Turkey (when it joins) and any other countries (Bulgaria?) that may join them through declarations of war/diplomatic activity.

Any country that joins either side is fully controlable by the player for that side.

What SMKs map shows is that the CP have evidently defeated the Serbian forces too as there do not appear to be many troops in the Balkans! I would not like to be in the Triple Entente's shoes right now...

(in reply to Wooglin)
Post #: 4
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/20/2007 11:42:27 PM   
SMK-at-work

Oh yes the Serbs disappeared long ago!! :)

Sadly this game has just ceased due to a bug - the British surrendered, and there appears to be a problem in that half the German army disappears when that happens!!

We just did a strategic move when this bug occured, and Austrian morale was at 0% so it may have ben due to exit the game at eth next strategic phase too.

France surrendered when Paris and Orleans were captured - and a whole host of other cities that the CP pretty much has to capture in order to get that far such as Lyon.  I'm not sure what the exact requirements are but I assume Paris is one of them, and enough other cities anywhere to get morale down to 0%.

IIRC they'd been surrendered about 6 months when the shot was taken.  They had recaptured and relost Paris a couple of times before surrendering.

the Turks are fully controlled by the CP player.

the Germans and Turks are "Exhausted" - I'm not sure exactly what this means except it doesn't look good and the quality of new units arriving sems to be lower - eg the Germans are getting "C" class units instead of "B", and hte Turks are getting "D" and "E" class units!

So it may have been interesting to see how they would have lasted - the Russians have taken some serious casualties too and can't have been too happy, and the Italians are quite fragile and have taken a few big hits so I'm not sure how well they're doing either.

< Message edited by SMK-at-work -- 2/21/2007 12:01:09 AM >

(in reply to 7th Somersets)
Post #: 5
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/22/2007 4:22:13 AM   
Bossy573

Shame about the bug cutting the game short. I LOVE what I see though. You would expect the Russians to have made good progress in the East while Germany goes all-out to crush France. Tough to see how Germany would not win a total vistory from here on in but who knows?

More screen when available, preferably with the "new" graphics.

Post #: 6
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/22/2007 9:23:00 PM   
Syagrius

Nice , however does "new graphics" means it will take longer to release the game?

(in reply to Bossy573)
Post #: 7
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/22/2007 10:54:19 PM   
SMK-at-work

We've got a new version just arrived so will post an AAR for it starting shortly.

I really have no idea at all what the "new graphics" are, how they will affect delivery, etc - Franks comment that they are coming is all the info I have!!

(in reply to Syagrius)
Post #: 8
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/23/2007 2:34:15 AM   
sol_invictus

Why are you talking to us gimps, get cracking on that AAR.

Post #: 9
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/23/2007 3:00:15 AM   
SMK-at-work

you talking to me...gimp??!!

Post #: 10
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/23/2007 4:47:43 PM   
sol_invictus

I take my revenge for this affront to my dignity!

Post #: 11
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/23/2007 6:00:16 PM   
morvwilson

Hey Arinvald how's the trench _______?

Post #: 12
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/24/2007 1:55:11 AM   
sol_invictus

Uh, well, I'd rather not talk about that.

(in reply to morvwilson)
Post #: 13
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/26/2007 12:07:59 AM   
SMK-at-work

A bit of an update - we're awaiting another version of the game due out today before starting and putting an AAR up here - it may or may not include "new graphics" - whatever those are.

Eric & I have agreed to play 2 games, and do 2 AAR's, 1 each from the central powers side of things so as not to give too much away!

Post #: 14
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/26/2007 2:05:57 AM   
sol_invictus

Looking forward to it.

Post #: 15
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/27/2007 5:09:04 AM   
TriumphRider

The suspense is killing me...this is the only video game I have ever cared about and it has been torturing me...every screen shot is like torture, it just makes me want the game but its out of reach...

Post #: 16
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/27/2007 3:58:36 PM   
iamspamus

quote:

ORIGINAL: TriumphRider

The suspense is killing me...this is the only video game I have ever cared about and it has been torturing me...every screen shot is like torture, it just makes me want the game but its out of reach...

I have three here: World in Flames, Empires in Arms, and this one. I'm patiently waiting for them... This is like the lottery. I have three chances to win!!!

Jason

(in reply to TriumphRider)
Post #: 17
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/27/2007 9:45:34 PM   
ojnab_bob

Incremental progress.... steady lads.... steady... one year blends into the next after a while.  I feel like Principal Seymour Skinner waiting to pull the school bus out into traffic.

Has the Mesopotamia bit been added in yet?  Didn't appear so from that last screenshot.

(in reply to iamspamus)
Post #: 18
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 2/28/2007 12:12:48 AM   
SMK-at-work

Yes Mesopotamea is in, but the "overall" view doesn't show it. It's still only in place-holding graphics too - not pretty.

(in reply to ojnab_bob)
Post #: 19
RE: Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 - 3/3/2007 8:03:16 PM   
33Vyper

Okay ya big tease !

One screen shot...that is all????

How about one more....just a lil one....please....

Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Screenshot of game Sept-Oct 1916 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI