Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Heavy Landings in Darwin

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Heavy Landings in Darwin Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Heavy Landings in Darwin - 2/13/2007 10:04:42 PM   
moses

NEWSFLASH:

2nd and 4th Japanese Divisions land in DARWIN!!!!!!.

TF 110 encounters mine field at Darwin (36,84) - Coastal Guns Fire Back!
TF 110 troops unloading over beach at Darwin, 36,84
135 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
MSW W.16, Shell hits 14, on fire, heavy damage
MSW W.15, Shell hits 17, on fire, heavy damage
MSW W.12, Shell hits 19, on fire, heavy damage
MSW W.11, Shell hits 8, on fire, heavy damage
MSW W.10, Shell hits 7, on fire, heavy damage
PG Yachiyo Maru
PG Tamo Maru #7
PG Takunan Maru #8
PC Ch 23
PC Ch 22
PG Hong Kong Maru
PG Tamo Maru #6

Coastal Guns at Darwin, 36,84, firing at TF 110
636 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
AP Nichiryo Maru, Shell hits 2, on fire
CL Tama, Shell hits 6, on fire
PG Takunan Maru #8, Shell hits 5, on fire
PC Ch 23, Shell hits 7, on fire, heavy damage
AP Yawata Maru, Shell hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AP Yamura Maru, Shell hits 1
PC Ch 22, Shell hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AP Yasukuni Maru, Shell hits 2, on fire
AP Suwa Maru, Shell hits 1, on fire
PG Hong Kong Maru, Shell hits 2
PG Yachiyo Maru, Shell hits 10, on fire
AP Kirishima Maru
AP Anyo Maru, Shell hits 1
AP Aikoku Maru, Shell hits 1, on fire

Japanese ground losses:----------------------Allied ground losses:
1239 casualties reported----------------------42 casualties reported
Guns lost 20------------------------------------Guns lost 1

This changes everthing.

< Message edited by moses -- 2/13/2007 10:19:51 PM >

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 31
RE: Moses(AL)Jwilkerson(IJ) - 2/13/2007 10:10:14 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: moses

I'm assuming that any increases won't take effect for the first month. You double a factory but then it has to build one factory per day. Then its only producing for part of the month etc. I'd be curious though to what extent 1st month production can be increased.

Anyway it's just a planning goal. If I can kill 90 with the zero bonus in effect and mostly inferior aircraft I'll consider it a plus. Jwilkerson seems fairly conservative with his planes so I doubt I'll get 90.

In future months I have to kill more to keep up with production like you say.

I increase production on Zeros by changing several obsolete factories rather than just doubling the existing factories. This way you can increase production by ~5 or so per day.

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 32
RE: Moses(AL)Jwilkerson(IJ) - 2/13/2007 10:22:19 PM   
ny59giants

quote:

2nd and 4th Japanese Divisions land in DARWIN!!!!!!.

When playing stock, taking northern Australia to create a buffer from Allied bombers getting a chance to destroy those Resource/Oil centers is smart. Plus, as the Allies, I usually start sending those divisions from southern Australia to various points on the northern coast. He's done a good job eliminating that!!

If you have any thoughts of taking some of your troops out of DEI to either India or Australia, I would start now!!

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 33
RE: Moses(AL)Jwilkerson(IJ) - 2/13/2007 11:36:35 PM   
moses

I'm looking at it differentely. Thats two divisions that are needed in the PI and Malaysia that are instead now tied to Austrailia. Plus KB is now tethered there as well to protect the beachead from my carriers and surface bombardments.

He will never take the PI with the force he has there currently. In Malaysia my entire force is pulling into Jahore Bhuru in good order and should be able to hold forever against the force he has there now.

I understand the value of taking north Austrailia in the stock game but this is too soon, I think, to tie two divisions to this task.

I intend to fight to the death in the DEI and I believe I will still hold Java, Malaya, and the PI (all in good supply) at the end of March. My bomber and fighter squadrens are rebuilding, air reinforcements are arriving, and he is now two divisions short. I have to be able to take advantage of that.

< Message edited by moses -- 2/13/2007 11:54:21 PM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 34
RE: Moses(AL)Jwilkerson(IJ) - 2/13/2007 11:53:58 PM   
moses

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Soli

I increase production on Zeros by changing several obsolete factories rather than just doubling the existing factories. This way you can increase production by ~5 or so per day.

I'm sure you're correct and Jwilkerson would know how to maximize his production. I only want to kill zero's to the maximum extent to kept his force from growing too quickly. I'm sure in the end he will have plenty of zero's to go around.

I'm not doing too bad I think. Not counting the first day of the war I have lost 287 planes to his 257.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 35
1-3 Jan - 2/14/2007 6:20:58 PM   
moses

1-3 Jan:

Darwin has fallen although it did extract a price. BB Mutsu hit 5 mines and was listed as heavy damage. BB Nagato also took 5 hits but I have no idea of its condition. 31 other ships were damaged with at least 12 listed as heavily damaged. Japan lost 4156 men, 31 guns and 2 vehicles over the beach.

Malaysia: My entire force retreats to Johore Bharu in good order. Those forts will soon be up to level six and I have plenty of supply. 3 Divisions will not drive me out.

Burma: I expect he may take Moulmain on the 4th which would drive me back to the river line. I have two bde's headed there but I think it will take them two turns. If they get there the position will hold but I think the next day will decide.

PI: I have a stable position as he has 2 divisions in Manila which will accomplish nothing in the urban terrain. Up North he has one division and some smaller units. If they enter Clark from across the river the shock attack will hurt them and then my shock attack the next day will drive them back across. You can't take PI with 3 divisions.

Air War: My air force has been hiding and rebuilding for the last week while the Darwin adventure plays out. My P-40 groups took a lot of losses but AVG is now near to matching 41 airframes to 41 pilots. My other P-40 groups have about 30 planes between them. On the plus side the Hurricans are coming with 3 groups active in the combat zone and my group of F2A Buffalo's are in Darby and ready to go.

I Have tons of lessor fighters as the dutch airforce has been carefully preserved. I thought it would be better for these guys to fight in January with one notch less zero bonus and Japan having at least a few rookies flying.

I made a mistake with my bombers when I upgraded a B17E to LB30 Liberators and a B17C to B17E. I did this in bases with limited aviation support and so now its taking a very long time to rebuild these units. So it will take a week to 10 days for my bomber offensive to get going. When it does I think it will make an impact as I also have medium bombers reaching Austrailia and still have all my dutch bombers.

General interest: In Kendari I had 27,000 sp. The next day I had 17,000sp. I checked into it and all I could find was that I now have a 150MM CD!!!!!! in one of my base force units. Anyone who understands the editor might check for me what the supply cost of those baby's are. Anyway I hope he tries to bombard me here in the near future. I want to get my 10,000 supply points worth!!!!

< Message edited by moses -- 2/14/2007 6:37:10 PM >

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 36
RE: 1-3 Jan - 2/14/2007 11:50:56 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Sure that some of the supply didn't go walkies to Makale?

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 37
RE: 1-3 Jan - 2/15/2007 12:04:09 AM   
moses

I looked at all the nearby islands and no big change anywhere. I know that replacement cost is based on transport cost. Those 150mm Guns have are untransportable. So it make sence to give them a transport cost of over 7000 which is size of largest transport.

< Message edited by moses -- 2/15/2007 12:16:18 AM >

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 38
RE: 1-3 Jan - 2/15/2007 12:14:48 AM   
treespider

quote:

General interest: In Kendari I had 27,000 sp. The next day I had 17,000sp. I checked into it and all I could find was that I now have a 150MM CD!!!!!! in one of my base force units. Anyone who understands the editor might check for me what the supply cost of those baby's are. Anyway I hope he tries to bombard me here in the near future. I want to get my 10,000 supply points worth!!!!

Load cost is 9999 ...so you spent 9999 in supply to get one of these...The 120mm CD gun upgrades to the 150mm...of course the 120 has a load cost of 20.

< Message edited by treespider -- 2/15/2007 12:28:53 AM >

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 39
RE: 1-3 Jan - 2/15/2007 12:43:55 AM   
anarchyintheuk

As you were saying, I hope it does 10k worth of supply damage for you.

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 40
RE: 29-31 Dec - 2/15/2007 1:36:43 AM   
John 3rd

I still support hitting him where he ain't!  Why not stage an early couneroffensive in Cent Pac?  The Solomons??  Aleutians???  Force HIM to react to YOU!  If he is conservative in his play, it might really shake him up!

My .02...

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 41
RE: 29-31 Dec - 2/15/2007 2:01:38 AM   
moses

Well I no longer think I'm facing that conservative of a strategy since the landings in N Austrailia.

My three carriers are now in port in Austrailia and will take on upgraded planes and fuel. Then we'll see. I would like to keep his carriers tied to Darwin. I can accomplish that by moving my carriers there directly or by an operation around Rabaul that lets him know I'm there.

He just landed in Rabaul so perhaps that is the direction to go. In a week I can be either supporting a valient defence or assisting in the withdrawl of my forces.

I'll also be in a position to send the carriers to Darwin if KB starts moving to far to the west.

I like the idea of going on the offensive in the Central Pacific. That might be the sequal to action around Rabaul. Hit Rabaul and then slide east to link up with the Yorktown which is arriving in SF tomorrow. Then I would have 4 carriers, 3 good US BB's, and two good divisions to do some real damage. Timeframe of early to mid February.

What do you think?????

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 42
RE: 29-31 Dec - 2/15/2007 2:23:31 AM   
ny59giants

While all this is going on in the western Pacific, how are you doing in fortifying the "East Pacific Wall" - Midway, Johnson, Palmyra, Canton, and Fiji??

I would look at this as a time to bring in reinforcements and start to build up the fortification levels there, just in case he decides to head east later in '42.

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 43
RE: 29-31 Dec - 2/15/2007 2:38:53 AM   
John 3rd

Two divisions, with your 4CVs, should overwhelm one of the lesser bases in the Marshalls.  No need to get crazy.  Why not hit Tarawa, base some forces in Baker, and see what he does?

Could also try to reclaim Wake.  You would get a nice sized AF there...

In the game that we had going with me as the Allies, I was thinking about invading Paramushiro Jima in the Kuriles.  That would have the advantage being FAR from his current operations and give you time to consolidate.

Useless ideas? 

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 44
RE: 29-31 Dec - 2/15/2007 2:43:08 AM   
moses

I've been building forts since day one and my minelayers are keping busy from Midway to Canton island. I'm staging most of the forces from the east coast at PH. For now I want just enough force on my forwward islands to stop a small SNLF unit from killing my base force unit and then leaving.

It sucks to have a huge stack on a small unfortified island and his BB's pay a visit.

His subs are playing hide and seek, poppig in and out of my front line islands. I have a couple ASW forces schuttling back and forth and I have caught a couple subs--but none sunk that I know of.

Soon I'll begin moving some heavy forces in to stay.

< Message edited by moses -- 2/15/2007 2:56:30 AM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 45
RE: 29-31 Dec - 2/15/2007 2:46:00 AM   
moses

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Two divisions, with your 4CVs, should overwhelm one of the lesser bases in the Marshalls.  No need to get crazy.  Why not hit Tarawa, base some forces in Baker, and see what he does?

Could also try to reclaim Wake.  You would get a nice sized AF there...

In the game that we had going with me as the Allies, I was thinking about invading Paramushiro Jima in the Kuriles.  That would have the advantage being FAR from his current operations and give you time to consolidate.

Useless ideas? 

Not at all. I have to put those carriers to use now that he's come out of his shell and commited to Austrailia.

BTW I still hold Tarawa and adjacent islands. He has not moved in this area.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 46
4-5 Jan - 2/15/2007 7:11:19 AM   
moses

4-5 Jan:

China: Japan goes all out to try and take Yenen by storm:

Japanese Shock attack at Yenen--4Jan

Attacking force 173051 troops, 1608 guns, 15 vehicles, Assault Value = 3402
Defending force 65345 troops, 420 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1930

Japanese max assault: 5720 - adjusted assault: 3237
Allied max defense: 1818 - adjusted defense: 2605
Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 0)
Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0

Japanese ground losses:-------------------Allied ground losses:
4634 casualties reported------------------1002 casualties reported
Guns lost 88------------------------------Guns lost 39
Vehicles lost 1

Japanese Shock attack at Yenen--5 Jan

Attacking force 168909 troops, 1504 guns, 14 vehicles, Assault Value = 3250
Defending force 63647 troops, 364 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1867

Japanese max assault: 6198 - adjusted assault: 3375
Allied max defense: 1729 - adjusted defense: 3057
Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 1)
Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0

Japanese ground losses:--------------------Allied ground losses:
6438 casualties reported-------------------1085 casualties reported
Guns lost 52-------------------------------Guns lost 29

This came after 2 weeks of constant ground and air bombardment and several deliberate attacks. I was a bit frightened when the first attack reached one-to-one but after the second attack I think he will have to stop and rest. If he continues 7 of my 8 Corps are still in good shape. My lead Corps needs to be pulled out but I have one fresh corps two to three days away and two more will arrive within the week. So I think I'll be OK.

It also looks like he may be trying an end run on the trails to the north leading to Langchow. He has had one Bde pushing my Hope Division toward Lanchow and it is now three hexes from that city. I think he may have a bunch of units moving secretly behind that unit looking to surprise me and rush into Langchow. I hope I'm right as I think I will have enough force there to hold him up and it will be ideal for training my air force. I can bomb him there without fear of being mauled by the far superior Japanese air force.

Burma: Three shock attacks in two days have destroyed my position. The 33rd division and supporting units retreated me from the woods north of Rahaeng. Also on the 4th I was driven out of Moulmain by a single BDE heavily supported by air. In both battles Japan took heavy losses and I thought that I could hold for a while at the next position. Wrong answer. The single BDE at Moulmain crosses the river and shock attacks. It gets 2-1 (barely) and retreats EVERY BDE IN THE BURMA ARMY!!!!!!!

I am lost. My force sits adjacent to Rangoon but it cannot fight here. If it does that one stinking BDE may cross the river and retreat me again. My force would retreat into Rangoon and I would be surrounded. The entire Burma army would be lost within a week. So I'm bailing toward Mandelay. My great fear is that my units may not move next turn and his shock attack will go in. What to do then???

N Austrailia: He sends Para's to Wyndham and in two days takes that city. I have forces brought up from the south about to enter that city and try and slow the loss of every northern city but his ships are faster then my troops and I may be fighting a losing cause there.

Rabaul: His troops land at Rabaul. I don't see that much force and if I were playing anyone else I would be confident. I don't know his secret but Jwilkerson has terribly strong ground troops that seem to take positions that I've held against others. The CA Louisville will attack tommorrow and see what havoc it can wreak.

< Message edited by moses -- 2/15/2007 7:30:56 AM >

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 47
RE: 4-5 Jan - 2/15/2007 1:54:43 PM   
treespider

quote:

I don't see that much force and if I were playing anyone else I would be confident. I don't know his secret but Jwilkerson has terribly strong ground troops that seem to take positions that I've held against others.

Patience and Preparation

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 48
RE: 4-5 Jan - 2/15/2007 3:52:52 PM   
moses

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

quote:

I don't see that much force and if I were playing anyone else I would be confident. I don't know his secret but Jwilkerson has terribly strong ground troops that seem to take positions that I've held against others.

Patience and Preparation

No doubt. What scares me is that I played the last week while snowed in with plenty of time to ponder and plan. He apparently was doing his turns between breaks at work.

Crap!! I think I'm in trouble.

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 49
RE: 4-5 Jan - 2/16/2007 2:16:11 AM   
John 3rd

You shall be fine! 

If he has moved paras into Aussieland, make sure you have enough troops in Alice Springs to prevent them from 'dropping' in and ruining your whole day! 

With you CV near Rabaul--CREAM his invasion forces!  You know where his CVs are...

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 50
RE: 4-5 Jan - 2/16/2007 2:38:09 AM   
moses

6 Jan:

Rabaul: His first attack failed with him losing 700 plus troops to my 30 in a 1-1 shock attack. My 3 carriers have just upgraded to F4F's and are leaving Townsville. It'l take 4 or 5 days to get there and for my fighters to get readied. Hope the battle is still going when I get there. If not I have AP's going that direction for the evacuations.

CA Louisville hit Rabaul and sunk a destroyer and damaged a couple others. My CA is badly hurt but my yet survive. 90 sys dam but only 50 flotation and a couple fires.

Burma: His troops did not attack and so at least my Burma Army will live to fight another day.

Malaysia: Transports unload more supplies at Singapore without opposition. He seems indifferent to my resupply efforts. I think all his Nells have gone North to the Burma area. He is still hitting singapore airbase every day but today I intercpted them with hurricanes, Buffalo I's, and Brewsters. He only had 3 zero's and 9 Oscars as escort and I took out 1 Oscar and 6 Sallies with 23 Sallies damaged. I lost only 2 Brewsters and 2 Hurricane's.

Air War: He may be reorganising his zero force and possibly trying to get his pilot training program going. The last few days I'm seeing small groups 3, 5, 10 zero's and such where before it was always at least 20 zero groups. This has been a sudden change and not the result of any big air battle. 13 zero's have swept Kendari for the last two turns and so tomorrow I will try and spring an ambush with my newly arrived F2A Buffalo's, some P-40 and Dameon's.

< Message edited by moses -- 2/16/2007 3:42:48 PM >

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 51
RE: 4-5 Jan - 2/18/2007 5:18:24 AM   
moses

7-9 Jan:

China: Yenen falls. It took Japan a month and a lot of fighting so I'm not too upset about this. Still I was surprised to see the result. My troops will now fall back and try to regain supply and organization. If he tries to follow up by advancing east from Yenen he will have to contend with my reinforcement and for the first time my air units will be able to hit the Jap forces since Yenen is only a level one airbase.

Japanese Shock attack at Yenen--8 Jan.

Attacking force 169314 troops, 1424 guns, 13 vehicles, Assault Value = 3294
Defending force 63815 troops, 347 guns, 45 vehicles, Assault Value = 1836
Japanese max assault: 6318 - adjusted assault: 4300
Allied max defense: 1764 - adjusted defense: 1573
Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)
Japanese forces CAPTURE Yenen base !!!

Japanese ground losses:-----------------Allied ground losses:
5458 casualties reported-----------------1411 casualties reported
Guns lost 48-------------------------------Guns lost 35
---------------------------------------------Vehicles lost 7
Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Burma: My troops fall back on Mandalay. Hopefuly I will get a short period to regroup as he still has to finish off Rangoon. Large B17E and an LB30 bomber groups are forming up at Dacca and are prepared to bomb the Jap forces when they come to Mandelay. I also now have a Corp HQ at Mandalay which should help.

Malaya: At Jahore Bahru Japan attacks with success. A 1 to 1 shock attack on the first try. A few more like this and this campaign could end much earlier then I had hoped. I'll begin using my B-25's for the first time to try and disrupt their next attack. At the same time I've been airlifting base aviation units out of Malaya for a couple days.

Japanese Shock attack Johore Bahru--9 Jan

Attacking force 71539 troops, 712 guns, 400 vehicles, Assault Value = 1451
Defending force 44049 troops, 304 guns, 14 vehicles, Assault Value = 690
Japanese max assault: 2728 - adjusted assault: 1580
Allied max defense: 652 - adjusted defense: 1109
Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 5)
Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 4

Japanese ground losses:------------------Allied ground losses:
1556 casualties reported------------------1410 casualties reported
Guns lost 48--------------------------------Guns lost 32
Vehicles lost 8

N. Austrailia: KB and his naval forces appear to be split between Darby and Darwin. He has used airborn forces to take Whyndam and tried last turn to do the same at Darby. I have a BDE at whyndhm and a Cav Div 2 days away. I may very well retake that location as he has very light forces there. Its begining to look like he's a bit overextended here. His carriers and BB's have done a lot of bombing and must be running low on sorties/ammunition. I have a BDE from Perth and a another division from the east closing on this area of Operations.

Rabaul: My carrier force is upgraded and refueled. I expect to hit Rabaul on the 12th or 13th. I believe the fight will still be in progress then. He has two combat units there and after the first unsuccessful shock attack he apparently accidentally launched a second attack with just one of the units which got creamed. Nothing new has landed so I think I'm safe for a few days.

General: My main surface forces are headed for the east end of Java where they are safe from KB and in position to deal with any invasions in this area. They will be based under heavy air cover which should keep Betty/Nell away. I now have F2A Buffalo's, B-25's, and SBD squadrens active in the DEI. I will also have a unit upgrade to P-39's in a day or two. Java is well supplied.

< Message edited by moses -- 2/19/2007 3:15:11 PM >

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 52
10-11 Jan - 2/19/2007 8:08:01 PM   
moses

10-11 Jan:

Rabaul: Well famous last words...? It fell on the 10th. I stand in awe of Jwilkersons land skills. All my planning factors have to be thrown out. Anyway my carriers will support the evacuation. I don't see any carriers in the area and my subs are massing around Truk/Rabaul so I would probably have seen something if it was there. There's a squadren of zero's and Nells at Truk but I will stay outside of zero range and hopefully will be OK.

N Austrailia: He has taken Darby but my forces are now asembled in Whydham and will try to regain the city with a shock attack tomorrow. If I succeed I may be able to tie him down in this area for several more weeks. If not Broome will fall in short order and the north coast will be lost.

China: Its unclear if Japan will drive east from Yenen or redeploy elsewhere. My greatest fear is that he will shift all his force toward Homan and drive on that axis toward Sien. If successful that strategy could take the whole North and trap a bunch of my troops. The threat along the north road to Langchow is now discounted. 2 units are now sighted and I can't do a recon of any of the other road hexes so I know that there is nothing else there. So I have begun to redeploy the units around Langchow back toward Homan. Those troops must hate me. "March 400 miles to Langchow....Oh wait march back 400 miles to Homan."

Overall: The DEI has been quiet as all Japan's forces have been occupied trying to take N. Austrailia. If I can keep building my fighter squadrens in Java I may be able to establish air parity against the land based zero's. He will need KB in order to prevail and that perhaps will be the time to be aggressive with my carrier force.

General interest: My supply at Kendari droped by 10,000 again and once again I recieved another 155mm CD. I really hope he bombards me.

< Message edited by moses -- 2/19/2007 8:23:37 PM >

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 53
RE: 10-11 Jan - 2/19/2007 9:47:06 PM   
castor troy

quote:

10-11 Jan:

Rabaul: Well famous last words...? It fell on the 10th. I stand in awe of Jwilkersons land skills. All my planning factors have to be thrown out. Anyway my carriers will support the evacuation. I don't see any carriers in the area and my subs are massing around Truk/Rabaul so I would probably have seen something if it was there. There's a squadren of zero's and Nells at Truk but I will stay outside of zero range and hopefully will be OK.

N Austrailia: He has taken Darby but my forces are now asembled in Whydham and will try to regain the city with a shock attack tomorrow. If I succeed I may be able to tie him down in this area for several more weeks. If not Broome will fall in short order and the north coast will be lost.

China: Its unclear if Japan will drive east from Yenen or redeploy elsewhere. My greatest fear is that he will shift all his force toward Homan and drive on that axis toward Sien. If successful that strategy could take the whole North and trap a bunch of my troops. The threat along the north road to Langchow is now discounted. 2 units are now sighted and I can't do a recon of any of the other road hexes so I know that there is nothing else there. So I have begun to redeploy the units around Langchow back toward Homan. Those troops must hate me. "March 400 miles to Langchow....Oh wait march back 400 miles to Homan."

Overall: The DEI has been quiet as all Japan's forces have been occupied trying to take N. Austrailia. If I can keep building my fighter squadrens in Java I may be able to establish air parity against the land based zero's. He will need KB in order to prevail and that perhaps will be the time to be aggressive with my carrier force.

General interest: My supply at Kendari droped by 10,000 again and once again I recieved another 155mm CD. I really hope he bombards me.

I think spending 10000 supplies for a single gun is a joke of the devs. If you need as many supplies as you can carry on 1.5 of the biggest AKs than it seems a bit too much for me. What the hell is still all wrong in this f****** game? At the moment I´m so pissed off by the sync bug that those errors are making me even more angry....

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 54
RE: 10-11 Jan - 2/19/2007 11:14:32 PM   
moses

Chill man........ It's a game.

The sync bug is a bitch I agree. As alied you just have to read the report before runing the annimations which takes some of the fun away.

Apart from that:.....................................................

You know in real life know one knew what what going on------or what would happen.

After two years playing this thing I still am unsure what will happen. And, in the end, I think thats a good thing. Makes the game exiciting. In a sence realistic.

And fun. -----Hey Caster Troy--Have a beer like me, and play the game. See what happens. War is confusion and this definately qualifies!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 55
RE: 10-11 Jan - 2/21/2007 3:03:25 AM   
moses

I am crying in my beer tonight:

My CV's moved in to hit Rabaul and he had shifted ton's of Nell's and zero's there. A tough fight but he hit the Saratoga fairly hard.

But it was the next turn that hurt. I screwed up the orders. I set a bombardment force to go to Rabaul. And my two good CV's were supposed to escort the Saratogo out of the area.

EXCEPT I HAD THE BOMBARDMENT GROUP SET FOR SURFACE ATTACK AND MY CV GROUP..................I GUESS I JUST LET IT JUST SIT IN PLACE FOR A TURN!!!!!!!!!

The result is that the Saratoga took one more bomb and the Lexington got hit hard as well.

Now I've checked and double checked my turn and have two bombardments going in and my CV's are running away. This is still salvagable at this point. I have heavy damage but the CV's will not sinkl.

I HATE THIS GAME I HATE THIS GAME!!!!!!!! But at least he has lost a bunch of zero's/ Nell's in this fight. Maybe I can survive.

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 56
RE: 10-11 Jan - 2/21/2007 3:54:37 AM   
John 3rd

Moses,
I hate it when I screw something BASIC up!  Thoroughly understand your situation.  Did you have two or three beers?  Perhaps one for every bomb that hit the CVs??    I'm almost sorry--will always be a Japanese Fan Boy!

Seriously, are you planning a counter-offensive in NW Aust?  You mentioned you had things in motion.  Any luck? 
John

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 57
RE: 10-11 Jan - 2/21/2007 4:34:45 AM   
moses

One beer per bomb hit and I would be seriously wasted. But you know a little wine takes the sting away. Wife is home now so alcohol supply is interdicted.

I'll give a full update when I've recovered from my shock. Right now I'm in that phase when you want to chuck the PC out the window. But I did my turn. I have two bombardment groups headed for Rabaul with full speed, no retreat, no refuel. They had better go in and kill a couple dozen NELL's. My carrier's are retreating.

I checked everything about 27 times!!!!!! If I can escape with just two damaged CV's then maybe I'll be OK.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 58
RE: 10-11 Jan - 2/21/2007 5:11:50 AM   
John 3rd

As you know, Paula doesn't understand why I get so worked up with this game!  I imagine there are a lot players who have the same situation.

Do you need me to smuggle you some booze??? 

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 59
RE: 10-11 Jan - 2/21/2007 5:50:31 AM   
moses

Can't be done. It's like dealing with KB. You can only operate when KB's location is known and is out of the area.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Heavy Landings in Darwin Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI