Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wondering about some of the ingame assumptions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> Wondering about some of the ingame assumptions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wondering about some of the ingame assumptions - 2/24/2007 8:35:18 AM   
Grimmbro

Okay twice now on challenge setting I've played the Axis against the computer AI. I've found that the AI loves to leave Scotland bare and so some early investments in transports and bombers leaves Scotland open for invasion. Rather than build up England in response the AI continues to move troops into North Africa. Bang UK down. The sad part is it tends to suck up a lot of troops to hold the UK which blunts the Soviet front.

Now Japan quickly takes NA because the AI likes to move Hawaii and south so I go Alaska and north (why can't I build the Alaskan highway too?). Within a year. Japan holds all of NA and I have a carrier holding NZ. And I've taken Calcutta. This has left me open to China being able to fight back.

Now the real unreality sets in. The AI moves Russian subs into the pacific and tells me I have to resolve a conflict which brings me into war with Russia But the real hair puller, where are the allies getting all those new builds from?? I bomb ship production in India but somehow transports keep getting replaced and fighter squadrons are blooming like daisies. I've played as a human that side and always run into supply problems and inability to build if I don't have UK and America so where is the AI building troops??Australia??? Russia, which I've blocked all sea routes to...is also pulling in lend lease from somewhere and soon overwhelms me. And why should Berlin fall if the only Allied power is Russia? Why can't I relocate to England?

In the end its a decisive victory for me, but only because the AI is very timid in its attacks on mainland Japan. I always spend 1945 doing nothing as I have no supply.

Anyway, I have to ask is the AI cheating??? And don't you think if the Germans had invaded Scotland or the Japanese Washington State that there might have been a call for trooops to come home?? Wacky man
Post #: 1
RE: Wondering about some of the ingame assumptions - 2/24/2007 9:47:03 AM   
MrLongleg

In This game the AI is quite weak. The fun comes from playing against a human opponent.

MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)

(in reply to Grimmbro)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> Wondering about some of the ingame assumptions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI