Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Open topped AFV AT advantage?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Open topped AFV AT advantage? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Open topped AFV AT advantage? - 8/19/2000 11:47:00 AM   
Louie the Toad

The german Marder series and the american Tank Destroyers -- I always assumed the open top allowed for quicker response time due to better view and easier crew access to reload. This was a trade off for a thinner skin and an open top. How is the quicker response time accounted for in the game.

Post #: 1
- 8/19/2000 12:02:00 PM   
Drake666

Never read anything ever about quicker response times for open toped AFVs. The only reason for open top in most casses is that with the Gun installed their was not really room for a top without paying a price in some other area like production time. As you can see from the German open toped AFVs, they were just a lead up ontill something better could come online.

(in reply to Louie the Toad)
Post #: 2
- 8/19/2000 6:35:00 PM   
cjpaul

The German Marders and Nashorn were intended to be self-propelled anti-tank guns, not true battle armor. The armor was only to protect the crew from infantry, like rifle or machine gun fire. In combat, they were also used as a substitute for tanks and they suffered heavy casulties because they weren't intended for that. The Nashorn was, in particular, a big disappointment.

(in reply to Louie the Toad)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Open topped AFV AT advantage? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI