Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MP Save Game function

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> MP Save Game function Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MP Save Game function - 2/27/2007 8:31:54 PM   
wade

Just getting started with on-line MP games. Can or how do we save a game in progress? We are running version H3CA 3.8.0.0 Release Candidate 8.
Post #: 1
RE: MP Save Game function - 2/27/2007 9:41:36 PM   
JRyan

I am not sure of this but I think you just save as you would in a normal game. I do not think that the machine running the server has to save it. You would then load the saved file as you would a regular scen from the screen.

(in reply to wade)
Post #: 2
RE: MP Save Game function - 2/27/2007 9:46:20 PM   
jpkoester1

quote:

ORIGINAL: wade

Just getting started with on-line MP games. Can or how do we save a game in progress? We are running version H3CA 3.8.0.0 Release Candidate 8.

Hello Wade,

you can use the save game function from the drop down menu just as in single player games. The savegame-file will be created on the machine running the server software, but saving the game can be triggered remotely. In order to resume a savegame you simply look for it in the scenario selection screen under the savegames. Please shout if anything remained unclear.

Cheers,
JP

(in reply to wade)
Post #: 3
RE: MP Save Game function - 2/28/2007 12:19:03 AM   
wade

Thanks for the replies. We attempted the normal method and will try again. Got no response from the machines when we clicked on the selections in the menus. Thought perhaps we were asking the impossible or have failed to turn something on. The chat window was visible but unresponsive as well but I was going to save that question for another day. Just for clarification, should it be saved by the server or does it matter?

(in reply to wade)
Post #: 4
RE: MP Save Game function - 2/28/2007 12:24:59 AM   
jpkoester1

It doesn't matter who selects the Save button from the drop-down menu, but the file will only be generated on the server machine.

Cheers,
JP

(in reply to wade)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> MP Save Game function Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI