Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ETA on the Patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: ETA on the Patch Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ETA on the Patch - 2/28/2007 3:54:40 PM   
Maurym

Yes...yes it was...I even smoked back then.

I had both as well. Great games for the time...absolutely archaic now.

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 121
RE: ETA on the Patch - 2/28/2007 5:31:33 PM   
General Quarters

Yeah, I had great fun on my Commodore 64. Most games are vastly better now, but there was a presidential election game that ended with the votes slowing coming in from across the nation and one state after another being called, and in a close one, waiting with baited breath to see how California went, or even Hawaii, in a super close one. All the political games I have seen since then had been sophomoric, if not sophorific. In fact, if anybody knows a good political game, let me know.

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 122
RE: ETA on the Patch - 2/28/2007 6:08:01 PM   
rook749

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drex

I had UMS I and II. That was a long time ago.

So did I. Now, that is back in the day.

Rook

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 123
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/1/2007 4:32:45 AM   
Tophat1815

Are we there yet?  I just had to ask,need another CW fix and i don't want to be caught partway into it and have the patch appear. Though I may just start my new campaign under the theory as soon as it gets interesting the patch will appear!

(in reply to rook749)
Post #: 124
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/1/2007 4:55:44 AM   
christof139

I have SSI's 'The Definitive War Game Collection' in its box, 5 CD's, complete in its entirety, has many old and good games such as Conquest of Japan (Medieval-RenEra CivilWars), Battlefront with Rommel, Panzer battles, Halls of Montezuma, MacArthur's War; Warlords; Global Domination; When Two Worlds Unite; SSI's Battles of Napoleon; Sword of Aragon, Wargame Construction Set II: TANKS!; D-Day: The Beginning of the End; Decisive Battles of the American Civil War, Vols. I, II and III; Gold of the Americas; Reach fo the Skies; and 26 additional scenarios for Battles of Napoleon, and 40 for Wargame construction Set II: TANKS!, plus additional scenarios from SSG's RUN 5 Magazine giving 27 additional scenarios for decisive battles of the American Civil War and 37 for battlefront. And I have the Rommel and Conquest of Japan Manuals printed-out. If anyone is interested PM me, and I sell on Ebay, but haven't been that active on Ebay for awhile due to burnout.

On second thought, I am first seeing if I can get any of these older games to play on WinXP, as the requirements are only for a 486 CPU and DOS 5.0 or greater, but it may work on WinXP because you can set WinXP to emulate Win95 and Win98 I do believe. If not workable, a person can pick up a PII comptuer system with Win95 or Win98 for about $200 give or take.

I just may keep this PC game set.

Chris

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 125
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/1/2007 4:57:38 AM   
christof139

Take your time with the patch. That way more people will play and become familiar with the original game, giving people time to hone-up on things.

Chris

(in reply to christof139)
Post #: 126
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/1/2007 9:01:00 PM   
shenandoah

I am in the process of building a new computer that will handle all the lastest games, especially FoF. When I have a good computer, I will order a physical shipment of FoF. My new compter will not be hooked up to the internet. Will the latest patch, upon completion, be on all physical shipments with an updated manuel? FoF is the kind of game that incouraged me to build a bigger, better computer. From what I have read and seen, it looks to be worth it.

shenandoah

Post #: 127
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/1/2007 9:06:48 PM   
christof139

Hi,

Yeah, that's what I am going to do with my new and first compooter I ever built, keep it off the inet and use for games etc. I am surprised I put it together in a manner that it does work!! It's the first time I built one.

I just checked on Ebay for some old 933 and 866MHZ PIII's and a complete system is going for about $40 to start bidding, and about $40 shipping, but this would be to use with older games and programs.

What are you building, AMD or Intel, etc.??

Chris

(in reply to shenandoah)
Post #: 128
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/1/2007 9:54:43 PM   
shenandoah

I am leaning towards intel. I have read alot of good things about Core 2 Duo E6300 1.83ghz and E6400 2.13ghz. It has been about six years since I last had a new computer and it is about time. I want to keep this computer seperate from the internet to avoid any virus or other problems that might occur. Another good reason is that my three year old girl is becoming very profficient with the computer and she spends alot of time playing kid games on the web. She can have the old one and the new one will be for business and personal stuff and gaming of course. Plus, I just got my tax return.
shenandoah

Post #: 129
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/1/2007 10:15:18 PM   
christof139

quote:

I am leaning towards intel. I have read alot of good things about Core 2 Duo E6300 1.83ghz and E6400 2.13ghz. It has been about six years since I last had a new computer and it is about time. I want to keep this computer seperate from the internet to avoid any virus or other problems that might occur. Another good reason is that my three year old girl is becoming very profficient with the computer and she spends alot of time playing kid games on the web. She can have the old one and the new one will be for business and personal stuff and gaming of course. Plus, I just got my tax return.
shenandoah

Ha ha ha!!! I haven't even finished my taxes yet, but will do so electronically hopefully this weekend or so or a bit on dwon the road. I could have had thenm done but procrastinated, again.

I guess AMD has some new CPU's that are right up there with the Core Duos and Quad Cores, but I don't know diddly-squat about AMDs now, except they're supposedly going to or have surpassed Intels Quad core with their own Quad Core.

Sounds like you will have a great machine. I was going to go Dual Core P4-D, but didn't, and went with an old 3.8MHz prescott core (runs ver hot) #571, with 1MB L2 cache and 800FSB and Hyper Threading, so that I think will do it for me, plus I like older stuff anyway just for the heck of it.

Spend a little more and get the E6400 so you can give a review, as I don't know anyone that has one.

That E6300 is a great priced unit though!! the 805 P-4D with a 0B stepping core is a CPU that can be cloked from what is it, abotu 1.86GHz to ove 4.0GHz, best overclocker arounfd I fguess, at least it was a year or so ago according to the article at Tom's hardware. I almost bought one of those, because they are cheap now on Ebay. Neat stuff.
New toys for me. Interesting too, since I just started seriously exploring and didling with compooters about 6-months or so ago. Surprised the one I put together actually worked, and I have to modestly pat myself on the back for that feat, since not anyone else will anyway.

Time to eat. I am not working today, maybe later a bit, then again, maybe not. Think I'll also get some more zzzz's .

Chris

< Message edited by christof139 -- 3/1/2007 10:30:47 PM >

(in reply to shenandoah)
Post #: 130
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/1/2007 11:06:06 PM   
shenandoah

I will probably go with the intel E6400. It is only a few dollars more. I built my first computer in the late 90's. I was surprised at how easy it was to put the few pieces together. Getting the computer to run properly was a different story. The last one I built was in 2001. Since then, I haven't kept up on hardware. These last few years, I have been running my business(nature photography) and raising a little girl(stay-at-home-dad). I have had to do a lot of studying to get caught up on the latest hardware. Since I am new to this forum, should I go to a different thread/forum to ask my question about the new patch on a physical shipment or do the guys usually get around to it when they can? I am still learning my way around. It is also getting close to eating time here. I will check back later after I get my girl and the Mrs. fed.
shenandoah

Post #: 131
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 12:42:13 PM   
christof139

quote:

I will probably go with the intel E6400. It is only a few dollars more. I built my first computer in the late 90's. I was surprised at how easy it was to put the few pieces together. Getting the computer to run properly was a different story. The last one I built was in 2001. Since then, I haven't kept up on hardware. These last few years, I have been running my business(nature photography) and raising a little girl(stay-at-home-dad). I have had to do a lot of studying to get caught up on the latest hardware. Since I am new to this forum, should I go to a different thread/forum to ask my question about the new patch on a physical shipment or do the guys usually get around to it when they can? I am still learning my way around. It is also getting close to eating time here. I will check back later after I get my girl and the Mrs. fed.
shenandoah

Great with the E6400!! Neat business you have too, and I have a degree in Geology, but actaully haven't used it professionally since college, not even when I worked in the Enviro. field for the State, I worked at a position that was available at the time, in Waste Mangement compliance and enforcement.

Take care, we have some flooding here due to rain and snow melt, and I have to go check my levee and see if the parking lot at work is flooding. It can be a wet world at times.

Chris

(in reply to shenandoah)
Post #: 132
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 4:20:27 PM   
shenandoah

There are two main things about living in the Shenandoah Valley.  It is great for nature photography and civil war history is everywhere.  I live near the battles of Fisher's Hill and Cedar Creek of 1864. 

Unfortunately, development has been spilling over the Blue Ridge Mtns from Northern VA and DC.  There is a local group that is trying to preserve as much of the battlefields as they can.  Problem is, there were battles everywhere.  

I drive down route 11 (old valley turnpike) and every mile or two, there is a roadsign listing something that happened at that spot.  I even went to Stonewall Jackson high school. 

I have been waiting for a good civil war game for some time.  The only acw game I have been able to play is civil war generals 2.  I am looking forward to finally playing fof in a week or two.

shenandoah 

Post #: 133
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 5:08:14 PM   
Jeff Norton

Same here Shenadoah,

I've been holding back my purchase, seeing how the patch is so close, to do it all at one time.

Maybe I'll just pull the trigger (so to speak), and get started (seeing how there is much to learn).

-J

PS - I am REALLY hoping this year to be able for a Fall photo trip to the Valley. It seems *something* comes up at the last moment and cancels it. This year is the year, I hope... Are there good camping spots about?

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to shenandoah)
Post #: 134
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 5:09:20 PM   
christof139

quote:

There are two main things about living in the Shenandoah Valley. It is great for nature photography and civil war history is everywhere. I live near the battles of Fisher's Hill and Cedar Creek of 1864.

Unfortunately, development has been spilling over the Blue Ridge Mtns from Northern VA and DC. There is a local group that is trying to preserve as much of the battlefields as they can. Problem is, there were battles everywhere.

I drive down route 11 (old valley turnpike) and every mile or two, there is a roadsign listing something that happened at that spot. I even went to Stonewall Jackson high school.

I have been waiting for a good civil war game for some time. The only acw game I have been able to play is civil war generals 2. I am looking forward to finally playing fof in a week or two.

shenandoah

Great area to live, the Shenandoah. I have been there only 3 times, twice in the late 1960s and once coming back from Ft. jackson, Columbia, SC while doing a short stint in the Army Reserve in 1991. In 1991 I went through the very upper Shenandoah and then through the western tip of Virginia on up into West Virginie where we have relatives. That area has to be some of the most beautiful landscape on the face of our planet, much better than my backyard.

Earlier this year and late last year I did an extensive re-read of the 1864 valley campaign, and was doing some TalonSoft Battleground mod for Cedar Creek, but never finished.

The Battlefield of Murfreesboro has been greatly enroached upon, and so has Gettyburg. At least some areas are now safe from further enroachment.

I am under the impression that Sierra was/is going to do a remake of Civil war generals 2, but am not sure. If so, I am getting it, as long as it is not 3D first person role playing. The original has a scenario and map editor as you know, and that is nice to have. I had about 60% of all the major actions, say over 2,000 or so men on both sides, done for the Trans Miss., 2-years of work, and my hard drive became corrupted and I hadn't saved anything and lost everything. That was in 1999 or 2000 or so. I was going to send Sierra a disk of my stuff and had contacted them.

Eric said it might be possible that a scenario editor (and a map editor would also be great) be released for FoF. That would be great.

I believe the next soon to be released patch for FoF is going to be very good.

Chris

(in reply to shenandoah)
Post #: 135
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 6:57:36 PM   
shenandoah

I went to college at Middle TN State University(home of the blue raiders) at Murfreesboro for a little while and majored in photography/aviation. Visited the battlefield and was there wasn't much of it. Big statue of Gen. Forrest on campus.

In just a few weeks, there is a rare guided tour of Stonewall's only defeat at Kernstown. A local historian will tour the two main parts of the battle. A lot of development all around (housing, GE factory, Rubbermaid factory, etc). But they have been able to preserve the hot spots. The Pritchard-Grim farm(early phase) and the property of Rose Hill and the stonewall on Sandy Ridge(later part of the battle). I may go if the weather is good.

In reply to Jeff about autumn color and camping. I spend a lot of time on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. Great overlooks, weather permitting. Autumn is very crowded on weekends. Try to go during a week day if possible, less people. Usually the second to third week in Oct depending on the weather.
www.nationalparkreservations.com/shenandoah.htm for campsites.
I live only 10 miles away from the park so I go up early in the morning to photograph the sunrise from one of the overlooks, stay for the sunset and then head home. So I don't camp out very much in the park. I would suggest an early reservation. The park is very popular that time of year.

I like to head out to West Virginia. Even better color and less people. Monongahela National Forest and the higher elevations. First week of Oct depending on the weather.

Little girl says it is lunch time. Later.

shenandoah

For better

Post #: 136
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 9:33:39 PM   
mrpacs

I looked at this thread hoping to find out more about the "ETA of the new Patch". Low & behold this thread has been hijacked. I realize this is my first post and all, but don't the admins of the these forums prefer that threads stay on topic? All forums I am aware of try to do this. Thanks.

< Message edited by mrpacs -- 3/2/2007 9:50:10 PM >

(in reply to Maurym)
Post #: 137
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 9:49:30 PM   
christof139

quote:

Eric said it might be possible that a scenario editor (and a map editor would also be great) be released for FoF. That would be great.

Quote is 2 posts before your post.

The Devs haven't released an exact date yet, but in another mysterious thread, I think perhaps it was the PixelPusher that stated something about a couple or few days.

Chris

(in reply to mrpacs)
Post #: 138
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 10:03:31 PM   
Tophat1815

What? Two posts above? No,the only post i see regarding release date in the last batch of posts is mine.

Post #: 139
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 11:22:16 PM   
Curious

People are bored and can't think up anything else to do while an update/patch is being prepared for release.  So they hijack forum threads.  It's an old time-honored practice.

CB

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 140
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 11:35:24 PM   
Gil R.

(And it sure as heck beats brow-beating the development team. Hijack away!)

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 141
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/2/2007 11:55:53 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: mrpacs

I looked at this thread hoping to find out more about the "ETA of the new Patch". Low & behold this thread has been hijacked. I realize this is my first post and all, but don't the admins of the these forums prefer that threads stay on topic? All forums I am aware of try to do this. Thanks.

Lol you just commited the same crime you speak of. For to be legit you should have started a new thread in the "general discussion" forum linking this thread in relation to your statement above. lol Welcome to Matrixgames forums btw where things aren't quite like they are everywhere else. ;)

Mainly it's the national Matrix past-time to hijack threads, attack other members ( they attack me alllllllll the time lol and generally do what one pretty much pleases until they piss off Keith and he comes storming in, thumping his chest and then meekly says" cmon guys let's get along and no politics and I don't like to moderate. lol He's a good guy. ;)

(in reply to mrpacs)
Post #: 142
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/3/2007 12:20:35 AM   
christof139

quote:

What? Two posts above? No,the only post i see regarding release date in the last batch of posts is mine.

Now you have some choices, reference to the patch is made in 1 and 4 posts above your last post. Another choice is to get eyeglasses or update them if you already have them, and that is what I must do, soon.

Here is the reference to the patch in Post #135:

quote:

Chris

Chris

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 143
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/3/2007 12:35:00 AM   
christof139

I hear Ma and Pa Kettle from Dogpatch are going to be in the next patch, as espionage agents and Medical Moonshiners. Ma is pro-Union and Pa is pro-Confederate. Should prove interesting. Both are also Moonshiners, and of course the troops of both sides will get some medical benefits from purchasing Ma's and Pa's Moonshine Elixir of Health and Well Being, Cure All for You All.

Chris in Detroit, AAA-0

Post #: 144
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/3/2007 12:45:05 AM   
Curious

I've been wondering what happened to Ma & Pa K.  I didn't realize that they were from Dogpatch.  They must be related to Li'l Abner (since everyone in Dogpatch is related to everyone else).  It's good to hear that they're supporting the troops.

CB

p.s.  Everyone, please stay away from the developers' brows.

Post #: 145
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/3/2007 1:31:04 AM   
christof139

quote:

I've been wondering what happened to Ma & Pa K. I didn't realize that they were from Dogpatch. They must be related to Li'l Abner (since everyone in Dogpatch is related to everyone else). It's good to hear that they're supporting the troops.

CB

p.s. Everyone, please stay away from the developers' brows.

Hmmmm?? I though Ma and Pa Kettle were Li'l Abner's parents!!! I don't know now. Maybe I had too much Moonshine. Good stuff from Kentucky and Detroit.

I just don't know anymore.

Chris

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 146
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/3/2007 5:08:50 AM   
shenandoah

I do apologize to any and all offended by my inadequate thread etiquette and hijacking ways.  As a rookie here... recruit, I am still learning my way around.  I shall dehijack by putting this back on track by saying that I know... for a fact... that the new patch... will be out...  soon.  I am sure it will be well worth the wait.
shenandoah

Post #: 147
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/3/2007 6:34:46 AM   
Johnus

Another breach of thread etiquette. Never, ever say things like "the new patch will be out soon." One, you will jinx the release; and two, it makes you sound like a developer or the patch issuer, whoever that is.

Don't you know anything ??

(in reply to shenandoah)
Post #: 148
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/3/2007 7:15:07 AM   
Curious

Maybe he has some "inside" info.  Stranger things have been known to happen.

What was Li'l Abner's last name? I don't think that it was Kettle. Maybe he was Ma Kettle's son by a previous marriage. Oh yeah, I remember now, it was Yokum. It's all coming back to me now (like a bad dream).

CB

< Message edited by Curious -- 3/3/2007 7:32:19 AM >

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 149
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/3/2007 7:22:43 AM   
Tophat1815

quote:

ORIGINAL: christof139

quote:

Now you have some choices, reference to the patch is made in 1 and 4 posts above your last post. Another choice is to get eyeglasses or update them if you already have them, and that is what I must do, soon.

Here is the reference to the patch in Post #135:

quote:

Chris

Chris

Sure,sure simply poke fun at my impairment!

So is the "patch" done yet????

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: ETA on the Patch Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI