Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tommorrow ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Tommorrow ... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tommorrow ... - 2/28/2007 8:17:28 AM   
christof139

Tommorrow I might load and play FoF on my new compooter, great GeForce PX6800 TDH Graphics card, only had 256MB DDR and not DDR2 or 3 as later versions of the card gave, but it is still fast with other very good attributes. Still need 2 more GB of RAM too, and soon I will get that. new compooter stays off the inet and is for games etc. only. Old compooter is for old stuff like the inet, you can tell from the same old stuff I am posting with it.

Good night and pleasanter dreams from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, Chris, the ACW Geheim Statts Polzei.

PS: Mr. Roger's is a former SEAL with about 20 or so confirmed VC/NLF and/or NVA/PAVN kills, and Capt. kangaroo was Lee marvin's perhaps Top, company Sergeant major or some Sergeant rank at Iwo Jima. At Suribachi both were awarded the Navy Cross. Lee Marvin got shot in the buttocks, and he says he still doesn't know why he got the NC. Lee Marvin has a great sense of humor. My old neighbor and friend, Earl from Kentucky, now long past, was on Iwo. He was a nice, friendly, and good guy. Mr. Green Jeans and Poop-Deck Paw are OK too, but Tugboat Annie is/was a bit of a trip.

Post #: 1
RE: Tommorrow ... - 2/28/2007 8:53:46 AM   
cdbeck

Wait... so Captain Kangaroo was not, indeed, a Captain?

*cries himself to sleep*

Son of Montfort

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to christof139)
Post #: 2
RE: Tommorrow ... - 2/28/2007 3:41:06 PM   
Maurym

Well...part of the story is correct...they (Marvin & Keeshan - the Capt.) were both Marines during World War 2. Marvin got the Purple Heart for action on Saipan...Keeshan never saw combat.

http://www.snopes.com/military/marvin.asp

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 3
RE: Tommorrow ... - 2/28/2007 5:29:22 PM   
06 Maestro

I was watching the old Johnny Carson Show when Lee Marvin spoke about Keeshan.  Marvin did say that Keeshan was the bravest man he had ever known.  According to my memory banks, he mentioned them both serving on Iwo.  Perhaps he was in error, but it is still interesting in how such meekly appearing men could have such a history.  Now, Lee Marvin's history is a little easier to believe.

(in reply to Maurym)
Post #: 4
RE: Tommorrow ... - 2/28/2007 5:35:40 PM   
Maurym

Marvin did in fact make that statement (see the link)...but apparently it was a joke. I've seen this story around for years. The real gotcha is Keeshan didn't join the Marines until after the battle and Marvin was wounded on Saipan before the battle. Still both were Marines, during WW2 and Marvin did get the Purple Heart.

The battle = Iwo Jima

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 5
RE: Tommorrow ... - 2/28/2007 5:39:49 PM   
Maurym

Here's another site:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/k/keeshan.htm

(in reply to Maurym)
Post #: 6
RE: Tommorrow ... - 2/28/2007 7:56:12 PM   
06 Maestro

The story about Mr Rodgers was always a little hard to swallow.
Thanks for the info.

(in reply to Maurym)
Post #: 7
RE: Tommorrow ... - 2/28/2007 10:55:05 PM   
Jeff Norton

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

The story about Mr Rodgers was always a little hard to swallow.
Thanks for the info.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-mr-rogers.htm may shed some light on that....

I grew up in Pittsburgh, have met Fred, and, he really never commented on it. When four guys in our town died in VN in the same week (one was my cousin) in 1968, Fred Rogers came to our school, talked with us, and did help ease our pain.

Its a good feeling when your child watched many of the same episodes that I did as a boy. Fred Rogers was a very good man and teacher.

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 8
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 4:17:09 AM   
hedererp

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

I was watching the old Johnny Carson Show when Lee Marvin spoke about Keeshan.  Marvin did say that Keeshan was the bravest man he had ever known.  According to my memory banks, he mentioned them both serving on Iwo.  Perhaps he was in error, but it is still interesting in how such meekly appearing men could have such a history.  Now, Lee Marvin's history is a little easier to believe.

Audie Murphy bears out this theory. I don't think bravery or heroism come in any particular package.

Paul

< Message edited by hedererp -- 3/1/2007 4:32:09 AM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 9
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 4:20:42 AM   
christof139

Awwwww, the Capt. was a Sgt. and not at Iwo. I wonder if Mr. Green Jeans was in the Hurtgen or Hurtegen Forrest (sorry, for not languages to put the umlaut in)?? That's rocky ground for a garden.

Several of my highschool friends and aquaintances died in Vietnam. I was in 1970-73, but luckily went to Germany, where things were also blown up by terrorists in 1972.

Chris-karoo

< Message edited by christof139 -- 3/1/2007 5:43:25 AM >

(in reply to Jeff Norton)
Post #: 10
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 5:54:11 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

My old neighbor, Mr. H. Sampson, fought in Africa, then Italy, wnt ashore Omaha Beach D-Day +4  (i think) and fought through the bocage befor being in the Hurtegan Forest and then the buldge. From there he went all the way into Germany.  The man has seen some stuff to say the least. When I asked him about what haunted him the most he said it was the bodies being bulldozed on the beach when he landed. (back when I was too stupid not to know not to ask questions.)He was a sgt. and platoon leader in the 169th? I think. Would have to look to be sure. I am almost positive it was the 9th ID but I could be mistaken about that too. Have to look. Another neighbor R. Baum was in a Liberator? and eventually shot down and was German P.O.W. He and a couple of his crewmates just happened upon an article one wrote in a newspaper and contacted the other, both thinking each died. The details of their conversations and letters, catching up on what had happened during that fateful mission, was compiled to make some intresting reading. I still have it somewhere. It blew my mind.  Mr. Baum was the last out and nearly perished.

sorry to hijack the tread. Just thought ya'll might like to know. That and their names need mentioning.

mo reb

He used to tell me some stories. They all started with,'Boy, you want to hear a gotcha?'

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Post #: 11
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 7:08:11 AM   
christof139

quote:

My old neighbor, Mr. H. Sampson, fought in Africa, then Italy, wnt ashore Omaha Beach D-Day +4 (i think) and fought through the bocage befor being in the Hurtegan Forest and then the buldge. From there he went all the way into Germany. The man has seen some stuff to say the least. When I asked him about what haunted him the most he said it was the bodies being bulldozed on the beach when he landed. (back when I was too stupid not to know not to ask questions.)He was a sgt. and platoon leader in the 169th? I think. Would have to look to be sure. I am almost positive it was the 9th ID but I could be mistaken about that too. Have to look. Another neighbor R. Baum was in a Liberator? and eventually shot down and was German P.O.W. He and a couple of his crewmates just happened upon an article one wrote in a newspaper and contacted the other, both thinking each died. The details of their conversations and letters, catching up on what had happened during that fateful mission, was compiled to make some intresting reading. I still have it somewhere. It blew my mind. Mr. Baum was the last out and nearly perished.

sorry to hijack the tread. Just thought ya'll might like to know. That and their names need mentioning.

mo reb

He used to tell me some stories. They all started with,'Boy, you want to hear a gotcha?'

God Save The South

For every flag that comes down, 10,000 go up!
Deo Vindice!!

Yeah, that would most likely be the 9th ID. One of its Regts. was the very famous 39th Inf. Regt. the 2, 3, and 4th Bns./39th IR served in the 9th ID, III Corps, in Vietnam in the Delta, and the 1/39 was in Germany with the 2nd Bde. of the 8th ID, V Corps, 7th Army, USAEUR, CENTAG, NATO.

Violence can happen anywhere, and does, and it's good not to be violated.

christof139, AAA-0

God save the Union!! The ACW ended in 1865. Most Missourians were pro-Union. Many Southerners were pro-Union and voted against Secession, such as most of the Shehendoah Valley people etc., and they only fought against the Union because their States decided to secede and they realized that their States would be invaded. It was a very tragic war, as are all wars. Slavery was the root cause of the ACW, although their were other issues those issues would have been solved without war. Human bondage was wrong, but that was the minset back then, Victorian Era racism based on concepts of racial superiority and 'The White man's burden.', a bunch of bunk, but that eas the way it was, and I am glad it is different today.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 12
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 8:35:36 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

The ACW ended in 1865

True. But I don't look in the past as much as to the future.

quote:

Most Missourians were pro-Union

Yeah. St.louis did indeed have a lot of german immigrants at the time. What is your point?

quote:

Many Southerners were pro-Union and voted against Secession, such as most of the Shehendoah Valley people etc.

Again, your point is what?

quote:

and they only fought against the Union because their States decided to secede and they realized that their States would be invaded.

Yeah. Seems a pretty darn good reason to fight to me. Much like Missouri was invaded and a state of war declared against it. Under martial law.

quote:

Slavery was the root cause of the ACW

Slavery was the reason the South left. The root cause of the war was the federal governments desire to press it back into the...er...um...union.

quote:

Human bondage was wrong.....and I am glad it is different today.

That we can agree on. As soon as the north won there was no more racism and it was a utopian paradise for all. Yeah right. Illinois still has Sunset Laws on it's books. The north's claims are a little tarnished when one presents some of the many facts of reality. Tell me about all that racial harmony in Detroit.
By the way son, loving the South is bred in me and means hatred of none. Except for little pukes cow-towing to a imperialistic, centralized government that has lost it's purpose and is ever becoming a banana republic.

See you on the other side.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 3/1/2007 9:04:18 AM >

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Post #: 13
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 8:46:25 AM   
christof139

What's your point??

Sounds like you want to go to war again, and are living in the past, rather than the present and not looking to the future.

The Union forever, hurrah boys hurrah!! ...

Post #: 14
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 9:03:22 AM   
christof139

quote:

That we can agree on. As soon as the north won there was no more racism and it was a utopian paradise for all. Yeah right. Illinois still has Sunset Laws on it's books. The north's claims are a little tarnished when one presents some of the many facts of reality. Tell me about all that racial harmony in Detroit.
By the way son, loving the South is bread in me and means hatred of none. Except for little pukes cow-towing to a imperialistic, centralized government that has lost it's purpose and is ever becoming a banana republic.

See you on the other side.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 3/1/2007 1:55:18 AM >

God Save The South

Deo Vindice!!

Ohhh, I didn't see this. Well sonny boy, there will never be racial harmony in the world nor any other perfect utopian paradise because of people with your attitude.

BTW, I was in Detroit during the 1967 Riots, and Civil Rights was the underlying cause but there were few racial incidents and the riots did not start over a racial incident, and once they started both white and blacxck people looted, even in mixed gangs. It was a very sad mess. At that time the Vietnam War wa in full swing and that had a lot to do with the situation as a lot of people from here were in the miltary back then, michigan had the 7th highest number of dead in the Vietnam War, the Korean War, and WWII. West Virginia had the highest per capita death toll of any State in our Union.

Yeah, the riots were actually termed 'an armed insurrection against the Government of the Unied States', so that shoulld make you happy as you seem very anti-US Government. There were political radicals enteriing the City of Detroit from other areas, and along with the political radicals from within the city, organized sniping occurred, and there were some heavy duty gun fights, automatic weapons fire going both ways, M-60's being used form choppers, tanks firing, and about 50 tanks were moved into the city, along with M113 APCs, armored cars, thousands of State and local Police, about 8,000 or more MAGs (National Guard), and 7 Bns. of Airborne troops from 2 Brigades of the 82nd AB and 101st AB/AM Divisions, and all were Federallized and Martial law was indeed declared. So yes, it was a mess, and very sad to have occurred and witnessed.

There will probably always be religous, political and racial etc. intolerance in our world, so it unfortunately seems.

So, go fight the war all over agian with yourself.

Have a good day, Chris

Post #: 15
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 9:03:58 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Point? Just trying to clear up some of your misconceptions as you replied to my post. Seems people need to gather their facts a bit before running their mouths/.keyboard, hence this thread.

Want some more reasons for the way people felt here in Missouri.

"Rather than concede to the State of Missouri for one single instant the right to dictate to my government in any matter, however unimportant; I will see you, and you, and you and every man, woman and child in the State of Missouri dead and buried." Brig. Gen Nathaniel Lyon, US

quote:

Sounds like you want to go to war again,

A war? no. no. I don't want war. Look at you Yankee. Already talkin bout war. Sheesh.

mo reb

Post #: 16
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 9:13:43 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

there will never be racial harmony in the world nor any other perfect utopian paradise because of people with your attitude.

Woah. Wait a minute. Can you point to where I stated resentment towards another race. Don't you dare paint me with that broad brush. But then again it looks as if you rely on misinformation and half-truths anyway.I was merely pointing out the obvious, but lost on you. You speak your opinions yet get ruffled up when someone doesn't agree with you. So,any more conversation would be a lost cause. No pun intended.

peace,
mo reb

Post #: 17
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 9:14:53 AM   
christof139

quote:

Point? Just trying to clear up some of your misconceptions as you replied to my post. Seems people need to gather their facts a bit before running their mouths/.keyboard, hence this thread.

Want some more reasons for the way people felt here in Missouri.

"Rather than concede to the State of Missouri for one single instant the right to dictate to my government in any matter, however unimportant; I will see you, and you, and you and every man, woman and child in the State of Missouri dead and buried." Brig. Gen Nathaniel Lyon, US

quote:

Sounds like you want to go to war again,
A war? no. no. I don't want war. Look at you Yankee. Already talkin bout war. Sheesh.

mo reb

God Save The South

Deo Vindice!!

Well, I know for a fact that ALL and MOST people in Missouri don't feel as you do. And that's a fact.

Number two, you talk as if you are fighting the war all over again.

Number three, you started name-calling, which actually doesn't bother me and I find it funny MO-Reb, and yes I am a Yankeefrom Detroit and we are all Yankees now if you haven't noticed, and that is why the Imperial Japanese, the Chicoms, and VC and NVA etc. used to yell 'Yankee you die!', just ask some Missourians that were in the Military during any of those wars. Fortunately, now, those people only yell 'Yankee you buy!'

Sheeesh, you are living in the past and not aware of much.

Chris

Post #: 18
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 9:16:54 AM   
christof139

quote:

Woah. Wait a minute. Can you point to where I stated resentment towards another race. Don't you dare paint me with that broad brush. But then again it looks as if you rely on misinformation and half-truths anyway.I was merely pointing out the obvious, but lost on you. You speak your opinions yet get ruffled up when someone doesn't agree with you. So,any more conversation would be a lost cause. No pun intended.

peace,
mo reb

God Save The South

Deo Vindice!!

Woah. Wait a minute. I didn't say you were a racist, I just said that people like you contirbute to problems with your type of attitude.

God save the Union.

Post #: 19
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 9:27:07 AM   
christof139

quote:

Yes, Lyon wasn't playing games was he. His remarks were similar and made in reply to Secessionist remarks. Unfortuantely, those things occurred in the ACW duirng the 'civil war within a civil war' in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, east Tennessee and other places, and those things do occur in wars. And ALL and MOST people in Missouri don't think or feel as you do. Tis why most Missourians sided with the Union, not even considering the German immigrants in St. Louis.

You are the one that gets ruffled.

Chris

< Message edited by christof139 -- 3/1/2007 9:41:49 AM >

Post #: 20
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 2:43:22 PM   
Alan_Bernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: christof139

quote:

Yes, Lyon wasn't playing games was he. His remarks were similar and made in reply to Secessionist remarks. Unfortuantely, those things occurred in the ACW duirng the 'civil war within a civil war' in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, east Tennessee and other places, and those things do occur in wars. And ALL and MOST people in Missouri don't think or feel as you do. Tis why most Missourians sided with the Union, not even considering the German immigrants in St. Louis.

You are the one that gets ruffled.

Chris

Whoa. Wait a minute. Let's all agree that the world can be a real screwed up place. Some people work to try and make things better without any other motive except that, while others, pretending to themselves that they care, are only after money and high living. The third group, who openly don't care and work openly and knowingly to screw things up-- these people are behind bars, usually.

End of story, except for the specific details, which is why books are written (though authors, like anyone else who has ever lived or will be living, can fall into one of the three above categories).

Maybe we should do a poll? But then since everyone thinks they are in category one, there'd be no point.

Alan

Alan

Post #: 21
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 2:54:26 PM   
Terminus

quote:

The third group, who openly don't care and work openly and knowingly to screw things up-- these people are behind bars, usually.

Or in government...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Alan_Bernardo)
Post #: 22
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 2:58:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

Ok, no personal attacks please and let's not bring any current day politics into this. You know who you are folks. Let's see if we can all be gentlemen, eh?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 23
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 4:33:16 PM   
oldspec4

quote:

ORIGINAL: christof139

Several of my highschool friends and aquaintances died in Vietnam. I was in 1970-73, but luckily went to Germany, where things were also blown up by terrorists in 1972.

Chris-karoo

Also was stationed in Germany (Heidleberg) during same timeframe. Believe the Bader-Meinhoff gang was responsible for many of the bombings including one way too close to me.

Post #: 24
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 6:11:23 PM   
Twotribes

Armed conflict in the Civil war was started by South Carolina attacking a federal fort. Prior to this act Lincoln had not even raised an Army. After this he did. The South had a lot of hot heads that WANTED a war. As for invading... once again the South started the shooting, they started organizing an army BEFORE the Union did and they started the shooting, not the Union.

Lincoln made it plain and quite clear he would do anything in his power to perserve the Union, this intially included NO armed force and an attempt to appeal to cooler heads.

The Federal Government was not usurping State authority nor removing rights, privaleges or laws from the South. The Slavery issue was in fact a non issue. Lincoln had NO intention of ( and no power to even if he wanted) eliminating Slavery in the States that had that institution.

Explain again why if Lincoln had lost there would have been no need for war?

I suggest you read the declarations of Succession from the States that tried to leave. You will find that SLAVERY was the issue. The Southern States ( the slave states) were the ones trying to usurp other States rights and they were using the Federal Government and Courts to do it. Prior to the war EVERY Supreme Court ruling was in support of Southern State Slavery "rights" And the Federal Government was clear that all states had to return escaped slaves if they were captured. The Southern States were in fact trying to make it legal for them to kidnap free blacks from the North and make them slaves, claiming since they had no "papers" proving they were free they were fair game.

The Constitution is clear, EVERY State must treat the citizens of every other State the same. So legally the blacks in the North should have been free ( as citizens of the US) to travel into the South with out fear of being enslaved. This principle is what was used to force Northern States to send back captured slaves. But the converse was never enforced. Several of the Slave States had laws that stated NO black could ever be freed, so even blacks that had "papers" could be reenslaved in those States.

The Civil War was about Slavery, couched in the more palatable terms of "States Rights" the only "right" the south felt was threatened was their right to have, own and maintain slaves. The leaders of this "Civil War" were successful in conniving the majority of their citizens into believing something that simply wasnt true. That Lincoln somehow would threaten the "rights" of the States. If one reads his speaches and his previous history one would quickly realize that was out of character for Lincoln AND more importantly with 15 slave States the Congress would never have approved any such action with those States still in the Union.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 25
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 6:15:41 PM   
ABridgeTooFar

The 9th ID comprised of the 39th, 47th and 60th Regts. landed in Normanday on June 10th (D+4) on Utah Beach and not on Omaha.  They did see action in N.Africa, Sicily and Western Europe throughout WWII.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 26
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 6:54:35 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Really. The militia that was legaly gathered was attacked and arrested. Civilians were shot and killed. Men women and children. A 'goverment' was installed by lyons over one which was elected by the people. None of you find this disturbing. Tell me where the feds had any right to order that Mo. raise an army to be used against it's own people. They didn't. Here is Missouri's order of secession. Doesn't sound as if slavery was the issue to these boys. I'm not dwelling on the past as I look to the future, but the facts are there for everyone to see. I love the south. My family is southern and I am from the near-south. That will never change.

order;

An act declaring the political ties heretofore existing between the State of Missouri and the United States of America dissolved.

Whereas the Government of the United States, in the possession and under the control of a sectional party, has wantonly violated the compact originally made between said Government and the State of Missouri, by invading with hostile armies the soil of the State, attacking and making prisoners the militia while legally assembled under the State laws, forcibly occupying the State capitol, and attempting through the instrumentality of domestic traitors to usurp the State government, seizing and destroying private property, and murdering with fiendish malignity peaceable citizens, men, women, and children, together with other acts of atrocity, indicating a deep-settled hostility toward the people of Missouri and their institutions; and

Whereas the present Administration of the Government of the United States has utterly ignored the Constitution, subverted the Government as constructed and intended by its makers, and established a despotic and arbitrary power instead thereof: Now, therefore,

Be it enacted by the general assembly of the State of Missouri, That all political ties of every character new existing between the Government of the United States of America and the people and government of the State of Missouri are hereby dissolved, and the State of Missouri, resuming the sovereignty granted by compact to the said United States upon admission of said State into the Federal Union, does again take its place as a free and independent republic amongst the nations of the earth.

This act to take effect and be in force from and after its passage.

Approved, October 31, 1861.

(in reply to ABridgeTooFar)
Post #: 27
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 6:58:16 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: ABridgeTooFar

The 9th ID comprised of the 39th, 47th and 60th Regts. landed in Normanday on June 10th (D+4) on Utah Beach and not on Omaha. They did see action in N.Africa, Sicily and Western Europe throughout WWII.

Are you sure about the Utah landing. I am almost positive that he had a plaque commemorating his landing and that it said Omaha. I could be wrong though.

Post #: 28
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 7:29:17 PM   
ABridgeTooFar

I am positive that the 9th ID came ashore at Utah.  They were apart of Collins' VII Corps which had the Cotentin Penisula as their area of operations.  The American V Corps (1st and 29th ID) landed at Omaha.  Their area of operations was linking up with the British beaches, linking with the Utah Beach force at Carentan and capturing the city of St. Lo.   However, there were many smaller units that were attached to the 9th ID either temporarily or longer that may have come ashore at Omaha.  The smaller units would have been armoured units, anti-aircraft, medical and other similar type support units.

Post #: 29
RE: Tommorrow ... - 3/1/2007 7:58:47 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Upon searching the net it concludes that they did land on Utah. Is there any way some might have come upon Omaha on the 12th? Because that is what I seem to recall. I am going off of memory and am just curious.

mo reb

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Tommorrow ... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI