Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sim Engine Bug When Computer Crashes...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Sim Engine Bug When Computer Crashes... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sim Engine Bug When Computer Crashes... - 3/1/2007 6:21:51 AM   
boggyjr

First off, I'd like to say thank you to everyone that has been involved with MF. The latest patch was everything I could have wished for!

I've played 15 seasons with my Arena Football League (yes, 15) and by chance, my computer crashed as the "Please Wait, Saving Statistics" screen came up. I rebooted the computer, loaded back up MF, and continued to sim through the weeks remaining games. After the remaning games were simmed, I got this...

Microsoft Jet Database Engine stopped process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data.

Press F9 to contiue.

What does this mean? Is it fixable?

I really don't want to have to reset my league, because I've already built up 15 seasons of playtime, but if I have to, I'll do it.
Post #: 1
RE: Sim Engine Bug When Computer Crashes... - 3/1/2007 6:33:31 AM   
David Winter

The database has likely become locked after the crash.

Look for a file with an IDB extension. It should be in the same folder as your database file. Just delete that file and the database 'should' unlock for future use.

If that fails (the file isn't there) then send me the league file at support@wintervalley.com (please zip it first).

Hopefully there is no corrupted data in the database preventing further use...

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 2
RE: Sim Engine Bug When Computer Crashes... - 3/1/2007 6:42:13 AM   
boggyjr

Nope, it's not there.

Zipping up and sending the league file as soon as I can...

EDIT - It's on its way...

< Message edited by boggyjr -- 3/1/2007 7:03:04 AM >

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Sim Engine Bug When Computer Crashes... - 3/1/2007 7:31:44 AM   
David Winter

Hi.

Well, I took a look at the contents. I think the crash, whatever caused it, really did a number on the database I'm afraid. A lot of the records (especially in the stats table) are simple filled with '#Error' instead of any useful data.

And I can't edit it either without getting the same error message you're getting.

Unfortunately, you may need to reset the league to use this file. But if something internal to the database has become corrupted (meaning something I have no control over), the database file as a whole may be broken and you may need to rebuild your whole league.

I'm sorry that you've run into this problem. Do you remember if there was any error message at the crash?

< Message edited by David Winter -- 3/1/2007 7:47:57 AM >

(in reply to boggyjr)
Post #: 4
RE: Sim Engine Bug When Computer Crashes... - 3/1/2007 4:03:50 PM   
Marauders

boggy,

Did you backup the league files after each season?

I had a computer crash some months ago that corrupted many of my MaxFB files.  I had not backed them up off disk, and not doing so was a regrettable error.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 5
RE: Sim Engine Bug When Computer Crashes... - 3/1/2007 6:06:36 PM   
boggyjr

Nope, there was no error message. It simply froze at the "Saving Statistics... Please Wait." I couldn't ALT-TAB out of it or anything...

And no, I haven't backed up my files. However, I did take extra time to record certain things on a notepad document, paticuarly who won and lost each championship game, alongside some pictures of my favourite players...

15 Seasons only takes a week or so of regular play-time, so I'm not that disappointed...

Thanks for your help guys!

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Sim Engine Bug When Computer Crashes... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI